Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS CAR OF THE WEEK/DAY

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Corrin Woods carpark, near Fermoy afaik.
    I am the Rainman of Coillte car parks :o

Each to their own I say...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Out walking the dog I presume:pac::pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

Out walking the dog I presume:pac::pac::D

A pair of doggers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

A few months tax on this one. Not sure but looks like it's had a few panels repaired/replaced.

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-2-0-se/10030033

44653901.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

The 04 looks a better buy I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can i just ask something here, What are the rules for putting up ads for our own cars?

Im contemplating selling my 00 Civic, just passed the NCT a few weeks ago and would throw a few months tax on it for the right buyer. I havent thrown it up on Donedeal yet because i dont know if im ready for the barrage of calls and texts at all hours of the day :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Can i just ask something here, What are the rules for putting up ads for our own cars?

Im contemplating selling my 00 Civic, just passed the NCT a few weeks ago and would throw a few months tax on it for the right buyer. I havent thrown it up on Donedeal yet because i dont know if im ready for the barrage of calls and texts at all hours of the day :D.

If it meets the criteria for bangernomics and you say outright it's your own, I think you can post it.

• Advertisement

rizzodun wrote: »
    If it meets the criteria for bangernomics and you say outright it's your own, I think you can post it.

Good stuff, I'll put it up during the week. Thanks.

rizzodun wrote: »

What's the point of adverts.ie then for cars under 2k ?

What's the point of adverts.ie then for cars under 2k ?

To get offered a packet of meanies and a loaf of bread as a swap for a car under 2k?

To get offered a packet of meanies and a loaf of bread as a swap for a car under 2k?

I think your bread has gone stale

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hi all,

Selling my bangernomics Fiesta if anyone is interested:

45307490.jpeg

Hi all,

Selling my bangernomics Fiesta if anyone is interested:

How long have you had it ?

How long have you had it ?

Only a week. I bought it with the intention of doing it up and moving it on again.

Only a week. I bought it with the intention of doing it up and moving it on again.

Looks like a nice motor, what needs doing on it ?

It just needs a CV joint on the front passenger side and a Ford Heater Control Valve.

As you can see from the ad, the brakes were done recently along with the timing belt (both by previous owner) and it's been valeted inside and detailed outside.

Even needing these 2 things, it's driving very well. It's incredibly nippy with a nice engine note.

Just a side question for the thread, what's a low mileage fiat stilo like for bangernomics, are they as bad a car as some people say ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It just needs a CV joint on the front passenger side and a Ford Heater Control Valve.

As you can see from the ad, the brakes were done recently along with the timing belt (both by previous owner) and it's been valeted inside and detailed outside.

Even needing these 2 things, it's driving very well. It's incredibly nippy with a nice engine note.

Is that a little piece that (when fails) makes your heater only working on high setting?

If it is it took me 1 ebay purchase (less than 10 pounds iirc) and 5 minutes.
    And I had no clue about cars when I fixed it. Years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just a side question for the thread, what's a low mileage fiat stilo like for bangernomics, are they as bad a car as some people say ?

What engine and year?

There was one or two Bravos recently on the tread. I would rather have it over Stilo tbh.

Stilos weren't good cars generally speaking.

It's too expensive at €1500 imo. About a grand would be about right. The newer model can be had for €1500 these days. Best of luck with sale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Padre Pio Window Sticker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

1999 Mitsubishi Lancer, Saloon, 1.3l petrol, mileage not listed, NCT to end of July 2016, asking €900
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-lancer-long-test/10167203?offset=14

No idea what they're like as cars, engine looks pretty small (is that correct?)?

(Same seller has this for sale: http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/turbo-pick-up-tax-test/9974070?offset=2 one of the more odd-ball ads I've seen. Got Skoda and VW badges on it, prob 'cause he's stuck a VW engine in a Skoda vehicle... says it's got a test to Nov and asking €1500 so should still be bangernomics (but would I drive it?... not sure))

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

1999 Mitsubishi Lancer, Saloon, 1.3l petrol, mileage not listed, NCT to end of July 2016, asking €900
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-lancer-long-test/10167203?offset=14

No idea what they're like as cars, engine looks pretty small (is that correct?)?

(Same seller has this for sale: http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/turbo-pick-up-tax-test/9974070?offset=2 one of the more odd-ball ads I've seen. Got Skoda and VW badges on it, prob 'cause he's stuck a VW engine in a Skoda vehicle... says it's got a test to Nov and asking €1500 so should still be bangernomics (but would I drive it?... not sure))

That lancer looks very clean in fairness. I test drove one when I was changing cars years ago, very uninspiring to drive with practically no acceleration to speak of but if that doesn't bother you, you could do a lot worse.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's too expensive at €1500 imo. About a grand would be about right. The newer model can be had for €1500 these days. Best of luck with sale though.

€1300 will take it :)
    wonski wrote: »
    Is that a little piece that (when fails) makes your heater only working on high setting?

If it is it took me 1 ebay purchase (less than 10 pounds iirc) and 5 minutes.
    And I had no clue about cars when I fixed it. Years ago.

Yep, that's it. Could you link me to the item you bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

With the work it's had done and given its a clean car, if you don't ask higher you won't get it. Some will pay that bit more for the better cleaner car, even if tis a bit older, others will just want the cheapest, newest car, even though it may be in worse condition. A €1500 newer one of these would be rough imo.

Good luck with the sale Mm.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement