Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Sale Items

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

dublin99 wrote: »
    Dreadful customer service. My order was delivered to the Store two days late which had already cost me 2 wasted trips and parking charges, and when I eventually got it, many items, though paid for were not in the parcel. Emailed M&S customer service yesterday. Instead of a proper response - got a "customer satisfaction survey" from M&S customer service instead in relation to my email query. How satisfied did they think I'd be?

Finally took time off to call. Bureaucratic customer service staff said he has to speak to my husband, as order was in his name (paid by his credit card). Instead of making the effort of comparing the packing list with the order summary, he wanted the details of the missing items! I ordered over a dozen different things - and in varying quantities - didnt really have the time to waste on giving him details about which men's socks were missing and that only 1 pair of pink knickers (out of 3 ordered) was sent but not the white lace ones.... I despair. :mad: Is it worth wasting more time trying to get 15 euro back?

When you get on to them explain the situation that you have had so far, I would be surprised if they didint give you a token off good will. They messed up my order before and gave me a €10 voucher as an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

Just got an email from M&S saying that my order is in store for collection.
    But half the items are not on the order because they're not 'available'.
    However I can see them on full price on their website.
    Anything I can do about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just picked up my order, delivered late and no pillow cases, no mention in emails about this... Looks like they won't be getting my custom in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Put in my order

They took my money

They cancelled my order.

Money not back in my account:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭MadamX

If you've had a problem definitely email customer service. My order was still at 'Being Processed' stage despite being due for collection last Friday. Emailed them and got reply saying order was now being fulfilled minus some items, which will be refunded, and giving me a €10 discount code for next online order. Not happy with the poor service this time around, have never experienced it before when ordering from M&S, but the €10 does help to make up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have to say I'm amazed at the apparent cock-up M&S have made with these orders.

I haven't done a huge amount of online shopping with them, but what I have done has been delivered promptly and was available at the time given to me in the confirmation email. The only time I can remember not receiving something ordered was this time with the pillow protectors, and I got an email confirming that they had been cancelled.

Seems most unlike them to get so many orders so wrong.

ETA I had emailed them about the fact that my towel order never appeared in the "My Orders" bit of the website, and I too got a M&S survey first, but hot on its heels was a comprehensive reply regarding my queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭uli84

I got all and on time, strange i suppose or I got lucky ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I got my pillow protectors today...excellent quality.. thanks again op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I got everything I ordered. Didn't order any pillow protectors though! What do you people DO to your pillows? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It now seems that I have been charged for the pillow cases that I did not get... I'm no legal expert but is this considered theft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dublin99

It now seems that I have been charged for the pillow cases that I did not get... I'm no legal expert but is this considered theft?

Go to
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/internet-shopping
    Tells you your consumer rights for internet shopping.
    You have a contract with M&S to deliver goods which you have ordered and paid for.
    They have taken your money but not supplied the goods. M&S is in breach of the contract.

I am in the same position. Sent emails and made calls over past two/three days but despite promises, still received no reply , oh except a Customer Satisfaction Survey. They treat people who buy sale items as second class unwanted bargain hunting customers.

It's worth putting a post in the M&S Ireland FB page to highlight these problems to potential customers!

Complaints can be lodged with the National Consumer Agency which will hopefully will take it up with M&S management!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

So in summary, got an email to say my stuff would be ready Friday, went in on Friday to collect my order, was told it wasn't ready. Emailed Friday afternoon to complain, got a confirmation email on Saturday to say my stuff was ready. Got fob off email Monday re my complaint on Friday. Wrote back saying that that wasn't good enough and I wanted a gesture of goodwill.

Got a €5 euro voucher today and a message saying my pillow protectors aren't in stock so they'll be refunded. Not really sure if I can be arsed collecting the hand towels I ordered, when I mostly wanted the pillow protectors. Might just wait for my order to be returned and refunded. Jesus, what a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Logged in to say what happened to me, I'm sooo annoyed. Order meant to arrive on Friday, wasted my time going into town to get it. Rang yesterday, lady said it should be in soon. Tracked my order today, STILL being processed. Rang Customer Care, put on hold, she came back to tell me that SIX of the things I got had 'become unavailable'. Said she would try to process the rest of my order and refund me for all the things that they didn't have anymore. No word on when this refund will come through or when I can pick my stuff up. Also, absolutely no contact from M&S at all during this whole mess, even though they took money from my account last Wednesday, six days later. I wonder would my order have been processed at all if I hadn't rang them.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Ordered 4 planters on Friday for collection, got the email to say they were available and 10 minutes later got a cancellation email!

Glad I hadn't left to collect them as I am nearly an hour away from the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Ordered 4 planters on Friday for collection, got the email to say they were available and 10 minutes later got a cancellation email!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Received email last Thurs to say my order was dispatched and available for collection on Sat last. Rang Store yesterday and got confirmation that parcel was in. As I would have to travel 60 mile return journey I asked assistant to confirm how many items and she advised 5 instead 19. Rang customer service and after a long wait was advised that they were having problems as they just opened a new warehouse. Items now out of stock so just got a €10 euro voucher as a gesture of goodwill. Very disappointing as I always got good service when shopping online with them.

I reckon M&S will lose a lot of online customers due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ms Happy wrote: »

Don't mean to pry, but if you are nearly an hour away surely getting stuff delivered would work out better for you?

I think its €5 right, by the time you add petrol and parking, never mind your time (nearly 2 hours?) surely its worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Trish56 wrote: »
    I reckon M&S will lose a lot of online customers due to this.

Granted, I still haven't gotten around to collecting my order but all my previous experience with M&S (which is alot :o) has been excellent. Even if they do cock up this order, I'll be annoyed but they won't lose me as a customer. I can afford them one mistake.
    (and no, I don't work for M&S ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Absolute shower of ****.

I placed two orders last Thursday, one for under 4 euro and one for almost 200 euro. I didn't receive an email confirming the second order so I emailed them a couple of days ago to enquire about that. I got a response yesterday saying
    wrote:
    'Due to a small technical issue and the high volume of orders placed this order has a slight delivery delay and will be processed and dispatched from our UK warehouse in the near future.'

Get an email today saying:
    Unfortunately, the item(s) that you ordered was out of stock and we have had to cancel your order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you again for choosing Marks & Spencer.

Complete shambles, ****ing arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

I ordered a t shirt have not received an email but money is pending so annoyed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

Ordered stuff Thurs 24th, it said they would be ready to collect in store on Sat 26th, went in & the girl behind the counter told me there had been a lot of troubles with orders placed on the 24th (due to M&S changing warehouse's & stock taking wrong), and that they hoped to have them in store for collection on Mon 28th.

Picked everything up Mon, got himself 2 gorgeous jumpers (nearly a quater of the original price!), some socks & a bra for just under 40euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I got my third delivery today with no problems. Seems to be store collection have the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

_Chaos wrote: »
    got himself 2 gorgeous jumpers (nearly a quater of the original price!), some socks & a bra for just under 40euro.

Hope it fits him :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Picked up my €4 trousers and €4 7 pairs socks today, bargain, thanks very much op! Pillow protectors and planters were oos when I placed my order but very happy with what I did manage to snaffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I picked up all my items today. All present and correct and a friendly service too. I take it I was lucky on this occasion

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AlsoRan

I got my order today, everything there and the girl double checked it twice to make sure everything was fine. I can't believe how much I got for the little amount I spent, just over €31 for 5 really nice shirts and 29 pairs of socks. Thanks to the OP and the heads up from others on the XXL shirts. Thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Thanks OP. Collected my order today and I can't believe the good value and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Ordered on Thursday, email said should be available for collection from Friday noon on, and I went into the shop today (full week later), and they don't have it. They called customer support, who asked them to contact 'missing parcel's' who were not open, so now they don't know what to tell me. It's a bit of a mess alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I got my third delivery today with no problems. Seems to be store collection have the problems.

Mine was for delivery, so no, that's not it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    Ordered on Thursday, email said should be available for collection from Friday noon on, and I went into the shop today (full week later), and they don't have it. They called customer support, who asked them to contact 'missing parcel's' who were not open, so now they don't know what to tell me. It's a bit of a mess alright.

Update: They don't know where the parcel is and they don't have the stuff in stock to send out a new delivery. So they will refund and a €10 goodwill code. Based on my experience so far, 100% chance that if I use that €10 it won't work, or whatever I ordered will be out of stock, or the parcel will go missing. :rolleyes: M&S is just a big waste of time.

Advertisement