Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No man can eat 50 eggs...

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Tuesday Evening
    Concept 2
    opgwe_thumb.jpg

Tricep Kickbacks high reps
    Curls high reps
    Quad / hip abductor stretching

Wednesday Morning
    Quad / hip abductor stretching
    Goblet Squat holds
    OHP
    Deadlift / speed deadlift work
    Lat Pulldown
    Tricep Pressdown / Face pulls
    externally rotated leg raises and glute stretching

Breakfast
    ef26d_thumb.jpg

A random meal from the other day
    yhiwz_thumb.jpg

Everything feels hard at the minute. Just trying to get back in the gym consistently, I know I'll start to settle in over the next week or two

Seem to have acquired a lower back injury.. Going to avoid squats / dead lifts / anything that could aggravate it for the next while and train around it. Lumbar flexion is painful, I even had to stop using my bike's drop bars on my commute to work.

This + the knee injury is unfortunate and I was gutted but I'm not going to let it get in the way of training and eating right. Im going to stay training to the best of my ability and come back in a better position to get stronger than ever hopefully..

Anywhoo Saturday morning I did some bench, curls, squat / paused squat (had to bail out due to pain and hit the leg press) chest supported rows and reverse flys. Good session

Today I met Kieran and we tried to suss out the back a bit, lots of stretching and warming up and trying to get into good positions, it highlighted a lot of weaknesses / imbalance and the funny thing is in "good position" I have no pain, I can squat to parallel relatively pain free, doing it with 120kg on my back is another story though.

Going to go do my actual programmed training tomorrow am. Diet adherence is perfect and im enjoying the much higher dietary fat intake. Nut butters, eggs, sour cream, coconut milk. gains gains gains

Thai chicken soup with coconut milk and sour cream

http://instagram.com/p/zKf0mFnzsY

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭ninamc

Sorry to hear bout your back, that sucks coming right off your knee injury :(

Went to physio last week manage to strain my QL, spinal erector and serratus posterior inferior. Not exactly snap city like I though so thats good. After a decent amount of sports massage range of motion is improved a lot.

Anyway trained last night

Bench
    Bench paused 2 inches off chest
    Chest Supported Row
    Split Squat
    Upright Row
    Lat Raise
    Curl

breakfast 101

IMG_20150224_121754.jpg

Seated OHP
    Plate loaded lat pulldown
    Ham curls
    Step Ups with kettlebell in rack position
    Face Pull / Tricep Pushdown / Curl superset from hell

In an out with warmups in an hour. Trying to avoid fúck-around-itis

Fairly typical non training day meal below. Sauce is red pesto (mostly olive oil) and 10% fat yogurt. fat gains

IMG_20150224_212711.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The physio say how long the strained erector etc would need to recover?

I kind of just have to go on feel. Probably go with another 2-3 weeks of steps ups / ham curls / split squats and then reintroduce trap bar dead lift and squats after that. Its frustrating but its a marathon not a sprint etc etc trying to concentrate on where I'll be in 5 years instead of 5 weeks atm

conzy wrote: »
    I kind of just have to go on feel. Probably go with another 2-3 weeks of steps ups / ham curls / split squats and then reintroduce trap bar dead lift and squats after that. Its frustrating but its a marathon not a sprint etc etc trying to concentrate on where I'll be in 5 years instead of 5 weeks atm

I hear that.

But it's hard not to go "F*ck it...in 5 years they'll have invented some robotic sh*t that will allow me to funciton normally. And hoverboards."

Actually enjoying my new found "bro" style of training while injured, I'm attacking the workouts with intensity and I'm down 3kg and looking a lot leaner 3 weeks in

Last Friday
    Light bench (in before all my benching is light comment :pac:)
    Band pull aparts
    Dumbell Row
    Split Squat
    Leg extension
    Seated Row
    Reverse Fly
    Curl

Saturday
    Some stretching and goblet squat holds
    High volume pushdowns and Curls
    Concept 2 Intervals 30s on / 30s off flat out for 8 intervals

IMG_20150228_171703.jpg

This morning
    Heavy(er) Bench
    Band Pull aparts
    Paused Bench 2inches off chest
    Chest Supported Rows
    Split Squat
    Upright Row
    Lat Raise
    Curl 3 sets of 20 reps with empty olympic bar, dat pump

IMG_20150302_121613.jpgIMG_20150302_220223.jpgIMG_20150303_135328.jpg

Egg and Cheese, Chicken Curry and veg instead of rice :( Chilli and Cheese. Cheese on everything, Eating slices of cheese some evenings to fill out my macros.

Cheese: 50% fat 50% protein, 100% awesome

Cheese: 50% fat 50% protein, 100% awesome

I started to read that thinking you'd anointed cheese as a new macro :D

• Advertisement

This morning

Lighter Bench
    Dumbell Rows
    Bulgarian Split Squat with added weight
    Leg extension
    Seated Row / Seated Reverse Fly / Barbell Curl superset

Nearly lost my breakfast. Good workout

Cinnamon roll quest bar is pretty meh, bit gritty or something. Hard to beat the cookies and cream / cookie dough flavours

IMG_20150305_135416.jpg
    Red mince thats not a chili for once :p
    IMG_20150305_174716.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The apple pie one is top of the list for me - esp if you microwave it first

I have a s'mores one but I haven't tried it yet

The Quest bar is the least appealing of the 3 aytins in the pics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah real food is always better

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah real food is always better

Mince and eggs though.

Nomz.

Tuesday evening

Heavier Bench
    Paused bench 2 inches off chest
    Band pullaparts x millions
    Chest supported row
    Bulgarian Split squat with weight in one hand, 5,10,15,20kg
    Upright Row, Lat Raise, Curl superset

Weight trending down, reps left in the tank on everything on 4th week of linear progression. feeling good.

Going to do limber 11 this evening (was on my todo for ages and saw it in hanley's log) and some concept 2 and try and do that 2-3 times a week. Always lax with the mobility work and doing a structured no nonsense routine like that will help adherence I think

Red meat woop woop, Top pic is homemade jalapeno and cheese burgers, bottom pic is just store bought hereford burgers that are about 20g fat / protein per burger

IMG_20150307_213216.jpg
    IMG_20150310_142535.jpg

Lastnight:

Limber 11

Took longer than expected as a lot of the movements are new to me. Had no lacrosse ball so used a 4kg kettlebell to release the glutes. ouch

This morning

Seated OHP
    Ham curls
    Step Ups with kettlebell in rack position ramped up to 16kg
    Face Pull / Tricep Pushdown / Curl superset

IMG_20150311_173017.jpgIMG_20150312_081601.jpg

Was supposed to meet Kieran at 9 this morning for a session. slept in and only got to Raw at 9:30

"So are we going to do something else cause I'm late?"

"Nope, get stuck in"

Ended up super setting everything and doing a 1 hour workout in about 35 minutes.

Bench / DB row super set
    Bulgarian Split squat / Leg extension superset
    Seated cable row / seated reverse fly / barbell curl superset

Was running late and didn't have time to pack lunch so i'll eat what I had prep'd tonight and get a paleo box or boojum in a bowl at lunch

Yesterday's lunch was 75g rice, 150g chicken, 120g kidney beans, 120g chopped tomato, a pepper, half avocado, a stock cube and some spices

IMG_20150312_134610.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Did ya ever end up using that vitafibre jazz? If so, any good?

jive wrote: »
    Did ya ever end up using that vitafibre jazz? If so, any good?

I did actually and made some pretty tasty vanilla / raisin bars. Have footage that needs editing, I'll get it edited soon ™

Tuesday
    Bench
    Bench Paused 2 inches off chest
    Chest supported Row
    Split Squat
    Upright Row / Lat Raise / Curl superset

Wednesday
    Limber 11

Today
    Seated OHP
    Plate Loaded Lat Pulldown
    Hamstring Curl + dropset
    Step Ups
    Face Pull / Tricep Pressdown

Homemade burrito, also was home the weekend and had no whey so 200g of chicken an 500g of lean mince sorted the protein requirements, had to attack it in two sittings, meat sweats

IMG_20150314_160400.jpgIMG_20150317_200848.jpg

Going to limber 11 and squat the empty bar tomorrow. exciting!

• Advertisement

Limber 11

5x5 Squat with empty bar, 3 second eccentric

3x10 RDL empty bar

Feeling limber... I'm sure ill get quicker at it but the limber 11 is taking me the guts of an hour to get through atm. Am doing multiple passes on the rolling and smr and a lot of the movements are new to me

https://instagram.com/p/0cZ8ENnzge

Saturday Morning
    Lighter Bench
    DB Row
    Bulgarian Split Squat
    Leg Extension
    Reverse Fly / Curl superset

Tuesday Morning
    Heavier Bench
    Paused Bench
    Chest Supported Row
    Bulgarian Split Squat
    Upright Row / Lat Raise / Curl superset
    3x5 paused squat @ 25kg
    3x10 RDL @ 25kg

Diet is spot on, losing a lot of bodyfat and weight is trending down very slowly. Getting stronger too, still hitting 10+ reps on my 5+ stuff and I got 8 reps on my 3+ stuff today

In the Dunnes meat 3 for 2 you can get a 454g of 14% mince, 280g chicken mini fillets and a 1.1kg whole chicken for €10 cooked the whole lot last night.

2ruJNFTrW3Vo80f1oWu-3v9kE0lQ9c6CD0fmruUcYKEI=s300-noIMG_20150324_075844.jpgIMG_20150323_225951.jpg

supple01.png

Also finally picked this up at €54 :o My justification is its the cost of one physio session and I'll get a lot out of it

Probably not the best time to tell you it's on bookdepository for €44, which would be the same as having it and getting all the meat from Dunnes for free :)

Probably not the best time to tell you it's on bookdepository for €44, which would be the same as having it and getting all the meat from Dunnes for free :)

ssshhhh

I was in Hodges Figgis and I saw that it was like €40 on Amazon but I had a serious case of "I want it fúcking now" syndrome :(

Wednesday Morning

Limber 11

Noticed during the cossack squats my adductors are so tight where they enter the knee. So I also rolled the crap out of them with a sliotar.

Squat
    5 x 20kg
    3 x 5 x 30kg

RDL
    3 x 10 x 30kg

Thursday Morning
    Some rolling and mobilization

Squat 5x20kg, 5x20kg, 5x30kg, 3 x 5 x 35kg
    RDL 3x10 @ 35kg
    Seated OHP
    Hamstring Curl
    Face Pull / Tricep Pressdown / Curl superset

Basically adding 5kg to squat and RDL every time im in the gym. Striving for technical perfection, slow eccentric and pause. Within the next month or so then I'll be back to something "heavy" like 3x5 @ 100kg paused. And will put squats back in as a main lift

What to do when you need 80g of protein about 25g of fat and minimal carbs?

IMG_20150325_225457.jpgIMG_20150325_225937.jpg

That steak!

Woof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

ssshhhh

I was in Hodges Figgis and I saw that it was like €40 on Amazon but I had a serious case of "I want it fúcking now" syndrome :(

Yay for supporting bookshops also! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Wednesday Morning

Limber 11

Noticed during the cossack squats my adductors are so tight where they enter the knee. So I also rolled the crap out of them with a sliotar.

Totally find this also - I find rolling the inside of my leg just above the knee is agony - the long adductors??

• Advertisement

Last Friday
    Lighter Bench
    DB Row
    Squat 3 x 5 x 40kg
    Reverse Fly / Curl

Back was tight / sore after this session so took it handy for a few days

Wednesday
    Heavier Bench
    Bench Paused 2 inches off chest
    Chest Supported Row
    Split Squat

This morning
    Rolled the crap out of my adductors with a foam roller, then got in at the knee with a sliotar, I wasnt in enough pain so Kieran stood on my leg

OHP
    Lat Pulldown
    Squat Worked up to 3 x 5 x 60kg feeling good again
    Face Pull / Tricep Extension / Curl

Nutrition is spot on, less than 100g of carbs on off days and closer to 200 when training. Weight dropping nice and slow down to ~81kg

IMG_20150401_225228.jpgIMG_20150401_165218.jpgIMG_20150401_091201.jpg

IMG_20150330_221604.jpg

Gains! Its actually an avocado a day that keeps the doctor away

Advertisement