Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Episode 3 "Breaker of Chains": *HAVE NOT NOT NOT* read the books

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure if serious.....
    He said:
    In the book timeline it's roughly two years.
    The title of this topic is:

Could you specify which part of *HAVE NOT NOT NOT* read the books says you can repeat information from the books?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    He said:

The title of this topic is:

Could you specify which part of *HAVE NOT NOT NOT* read the books says you can repeat information from the books?

It's a timeline ffs...the time frame the story takes place within isn't a spoiler. Have a bit of sense...he could tell you it takes place over over 4 years instead of 2 years in the books...doesn't make one bit of difference to you or other non readers either way.

If it mattered at all they would make it blindingly obvious in the show but it doesn't. In the first season you had non readers calling Joffrey; 'Geoffrey' until book readers corrected them. That's about as much of a spoiler as what you're going on about.

Myself and the other book readers are careful not to post spoilers and even call out and report those who do solely for the benefit of you and other non readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

snausages wrote: »
    It was Aidan Gillen's birthday yesterday, incidentally. Happy name-day Littlefinger
    49017644.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Grimebox wrote: »
    I think I'm the only person who likes Littlefinger and thinks Aiden Gillen is doing a fantastic job

I like the character, I'd just rather a better actor playing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Zaph wrote: »

I loved all aspects of his character to be honest. He was literally one of favorites. Now next time I see him I'm going to be hypercritical. He's been ruined for me :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Keep posts on topic please, and refrain from arguing on thread, if there are issues please report the post and do not drag it out on the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Zaph wrote: »
    It wouldn't bother me so much if he just used his own accent throughout. Trying to do an impression of who knows what accent though when he clearly isn't capable of doing so was a mistake higher up the chain of command. Can't blame Gillen really, what if they'd told Sean Bean to sound like an Arab... how well would that have worked!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    It wouldn't bother me so much if he just used his own accent throughout. Trying to do an impression of who knows what accent though when he clearly isn't capable of doing so was a mistake higher up the chain of command. Can't blame Gillen really, what if they'd told Sean Bean to sound like an Arab... how well would that have worked!

That's a fair point, but they should have either told him from the start to use his own accent or told him to stick with the one he was using in this season. Either way, I think he's a pretty wooden actor but the accent thing just makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I quite enjoy watching Aidan Gillen as Littlefinger. Very sneaky and devious character that you can't trust and I think Gillen does a good job portraying it. The accent never once bothered me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I think the fact that you can't place Littlefingers accent actually adds to the unnerving perception of the character. It's like, he's normal..... but not quite right......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I think the fact that you can't place Littlefingers accent actually adds to the unnerving perception of the character. It's like, he's normal..... but not quite right......

Very good point! And besides if we start dissecting ever characters accent were going to ruin it for ourselves. Let's not go near Tyrion's accent!
    I think it's a very trivial thing to complain about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

To be fair, I don't think that's what the actor is really going for. It breaks immersion for me when he's so strange and camp. Works for Varys, but not for Littlefinger

Advertisement