Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cities you'd never return to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CruelCoin wrote: »
    No, you wouldn't.

I'd expand my list to every urban area in the philippines.
    I was just thinking the other day there had been an uptick of people criticizing the Phillipines on Reddit and other travel sites I frequent lately. Sounds like plastic waste and sewage is a big problem for them out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Gotta be Kuala Lumpur.Had a 2 day stopever there on my way home from Asia.
    Not a nice city when you're a girl on your own. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Gotta be Kuala Lumpur.Had a 2 day stopover there on my way home from Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Little doubt that Lagos, Nigeria is top of my list, in fact expand to Nigeria as a whole, great relief to get into Cameroon. No value put on life, corruption and scams around every corner, a living hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Been to Paris twice, it's my least favourite place so far, and i've been to Laois. Made the mistake of putting my hand on the hand rail in the under ground train station. I'm still sticky, 3 years later. Comparable to other cities, the mentality people have getting on/off trains is dispicable, no manners what so ever. And those feckers getting you to sign their stupid sponser sheet for €2 at the Eifel tower? A distasteful bunch that lot...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

119 pages? Did ye name every city on the planet???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I don't get the hatred for Brussels. I've been there a few times, as I have family there. It's far from being the most exciting city in Europe, but it's far from being the worst either. The Grand Place, is utterly gorgeous. The staff in the tourist trap restaurants around it, aren't the friendliest, but there is no more beautiful (oh ok, Venice maybe...) spot to sit & have a beer and watch the world go by. Then there are all the chocolate shops. Loads of fast and reliable trains too, that will take you to Bruges or Amsterdam in jig time. Can't beat the location really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Been to Paris twice, it's my least favourite place so far, and i've been to Laois. Made the mistake of putting my hand on the hand rail in the under ground train station. I'm still sticky, 3 years later. Comparable to other cities, the mentality people have getting on/off trains is dispicable, no manners what so ever. And those feckers getting you to sign their stupid sponser sheet for €2 at the Eifel tower? A distasteful bunch that lot...

Saw a lot of that sponsorship rubbish alright, it was supposedly deaf kids collecting for a school , dozens of them around the louvre also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Didnt't think much of Palermo, Italy. Not that it's not nice, per say, just that there are much nicer places to visit in Italy I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Naid23 wrote: »
    Gotta be Kuala Lumpur.Had a 2 day stopover there on my way home from Asia.

I loved KL, again stopped over on the way to Oz. I have to say I really enjoyed the place :)

To keep the thread on topic, Zurich, dull place, I just did not enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Bergamo. Milan is a close second but my God, Bergamo is as boring as it gets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Bergamo. Milan is a close second but my God, Bergamo is as boring as it gets

Bergamo is a lovely town. You obviously weren't in the old town. While I agree with you about milan, bergamos old town is beautiful. You really only spend a day or two in the place or just go for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Diemos wrote: »
    I loved KL, again stopped over on the way to Oz. I have to say I really enjoyed the place :)

To keep the thread on topic, Zurich, dull place, I just did not enjoy it.

Yeah, Zurich is pure gick
    Geneva would grieve ya
    Berne is stern

Not my favourite country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Cairo absolute dump - rubbish everywhere, everyone looking for baksheesh, dirty water, just a hole of a place

Vilnius is another kip - straight out of a cold war magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Bratislava, Utter dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Wouldn't go back near Istanbul or Kusadasi in Turkey particularly with my Fiance , went with her my folks and my sister (who at the time was 14) a few years back and couldn't cope with how utterly disrespectful the local men were towards her and my sister, sexist , harassing and groping etc.. ended up in a few rows and walking out of a couple of bars / restaurants, utterly horrible place's wouldn't ever go back to either worst 10 day holiday I've ever had .

Been to a few places in the states all fantastic with the exception of Baltimore and Detroit both utter kips loads of homeless and open drug use all over both cities, not pleasant.

Been to Paris a few times too and loved it but the last time we were there last march the city was over run with immigrants and gypsys begging and harassing you in the street , there was even a tent camp on a roundabout at the bottom of the champs elyse , pleant of armed police about the place in the wake of Charlie Hebdo and a real tension about the place , can only imagine what its like since the Bataclan and the thing at Disneyland two weeks ago so don't know would i be running back there either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Oh I'd add in Aberdeen too, very dull and grey and stand offish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Saw a lot of that sponsorship rubbish alright, it was supposedly deaf kids collecting for a school , dozens of them around the louvre also

They're at CdG airport too, I think the French refer to them as "Le Scam".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Bratislava, Utter dump.

the old town in Bratislava is really nice. People are friendly and everything is very reasonably priced. Whats not to like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Kerry, what a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

London, hated the place.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Kingston, Jamaica and Port-au-Prince, Haiti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

John Mason wrote: »
    Kingston, Jamaica and Port-au-Prince, Haiti
    Kingston I enjoyed, Port-au-Prince is a little hairy in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Was in kusadasi a few yrs back wouldnt be in a rush back what a kip..old town at night like a sence from my big fat gyspy wedding..although i know some people who go to turkey annuallly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Was in kusadasi a few yrs back wouldnt be in a rush back what a kip..old town at night like a sence from my big fat gyspy wedding..although i know some people who go to turkey annuallly

Kusadasi is not typical of Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    London, hated the place.

seriously ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Kerry, what a kip

Where's Kerry city?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Went on holidays to Kusadasi about 20 years ago. Puked my ring up for a week. The three blokes I was there with were very sick as well. Never again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Lisburn, full of fat overweight excessively tatooed loyalist scum.

There's a perpetual grey cloud over that sh!thole.

Advertisement