Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halt And Catch Fire [AMC] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

glasso wrote: »
    yes - good show but the ratings have been dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Halt_and_Catch_Fire_episodes

can't see it being renewed with those figures.
    The only thing going for it is that I heard it has a decent deal (in a package) for international distribution with EOne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

6 episodes into the second season and still really enjoying it. I miss the whole corporate battle/design spec/prototype building of the first one but there's a little bit of it in the sixth episode. Cam is still one of the most annoying characters to grace TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Back for season 3 next year! That's a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully more people catch up on it and it finds a bigger audience because it's one of the best shows around.

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/8/9482019/halt-and-catch-fire-season-3-amc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Crumbs wrote: »
    Back for season 3 next year! That's a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully more people catch up on it and it finds a bigger audience because it's one of the best shows around.

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/8/9482019/halt-and-catch-fire-season-3-amc
    Great news, I was expecting the worst when I saw an update on this thread but glad to hear it was renewed. It's one of the few shows I watch that I really enjoy. And any TV show that works in the Wilhelm Scream is a classic in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I was glad I stuck with s2 though I was tempted not to bother, really took off in s2, glad there'll be more

• Advertisement

Having binge watched the first season and loved it this went to an inst-watch for me.
    Liked the network angle ALNMOST as much as the computer design stuff of the first season. Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

nearly done with season one, great tv,love the soundtrack and whole vibe off it

nearly done with season one, great tv,love the soundtrack and whole vibe off it

Stick with it, 2 is even better

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    Back on August 23rd.

cool- season 2 was very enjoyable....now if I can only remember what exactly happened.

One of the pitfalls of the modern binge watch era, at least for me. I've probably watched about 50 seasons of a wide range of shows since this and it's all a blur!

• Advertisement

season three is back - not a bad opening episode.

again very liberal use of current parlance in the 80's setting with terms like "user experience" etc which I don't think is an 80's term.
    modern themes like user privacy also thrown in there.

personally I didn't think season 2 was as good as season 1. Gordon sickness / seizures were a bit of an annoyance imo as opposed to adding to the show.

early signs that season 3 could be stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

1 hour preview was last week with double bill of first 2 eps show next week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭squonk

I got a double episode this week! Pretty good opener though. I have to say though that the idea of sharing content was good but how come every VC seemed to ignore the obvious flow which was copyright infringement. I could buy that it mightn't be as obvious as it is today but it's like the elephant in the room the writers are ignoring.

Great start point though for season 3. Joe is seriously channeling Steve Jobs this time round. Great show though. I think I'm more than a little in love with Kerry Bishé! What a woman! :)

good second episode. definitely better than season 2 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

The Gordon, Cameron and Joe of Season 3 are not the same people as the Gordon, Cameron & Joe of season 1. They're like completely different people. Maybe it just seems like this to me because I binge watched it all in the last 2 weeks. Still, I'm enjoying Season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

The Gordon, Cameron and Joe of Season 3 are not the same people as the Gordon, Cameron & Joe of season 1. They're like completely different people. Maybe it just seems like this to me because I binge watched it all in the last 2 weeks. Still, I'm enjoying Season 3.

I believe they call it character development .

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Really enjoying the third season, has had lots of unexpected moments so far especially in last weeks episode. Glad I stuck with it. Has been renewed for a fourth and final season

http://deadline.com/2016/10/halt-catch-fire-renewed-fourth-final-season-by-amc-1201834492/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I thought last weeks episode was the series finale - it really tied off a lot of plotlines and loose-ends. Surprised there is still a two-hour season finale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I thought last weeks episode was the series finale - it really tied off a lot of plotlines and loose-ends. Surprised there is still a two-hour season finale today.

Damn it. Didn't know there were 2 episodes this week. I just ep 10 instead of 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Can someone give me a vague idea of what season 3 is like compared to season 2? Is it more focused?

Season 2 seemed a bit of a mess, not really sure why anyone would've thought it was a good idea to diverge everyone's arcs so wildly and then try to force them all back in line. Scoot McNairy's whole season was really ill advised, literally every thing involving his character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Eh, binged through it there like a mental.

Huuuuuuuge improvement on season 2, dunno if I can recommend with season one being erratic and two just being a a dud, but yeah, solid job. And I'm saying this as someone who accidentally watched episodes 8 and 9 in the wrong order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back on August 19th for the 4th and final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There's also a doc on Netflix at the moment about Compaq and the basis for most of the show called Silicon Cowboys - it's a pretty good watch if you like the show.

S4 started last night across the pond.looking forward to it after a great s3 but I'll probably wait til all are available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Prime Video Ireland has season 4 weekly, but not the first 3 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

First episode was decent, second was very boring. The Joe/Cameron thing has been going on too long, so boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

The first 3 seasons are now on Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

They did a really good job with the last 6 or so minutes of this week's episode, imo at least.

What an episode. Even though I googled the show a couple of days ago and saw a pretty big spoiler, It really hit me in the feels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

power off computer

Advertisement