Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halt And Catch Fire [AMC] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

good ending, that was one hell of resignation letter from joe.

poor debbie

what would season 2 be about?

Halt and Catch Fire Bosses Talk Season 2 Hopes, Answer "Burning" Finale Questions
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Halt-and-Catch-Fire-Season1-Finale-Postmortem-1085225.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

That didn't feel like much of a finale tbh. Should have just finished up with last week's episode.

Pretty much this. The whole episode felt like an extended version of the epilogue of a true events film.

It was a decent show interesting if not much too it. Will tune in for a season 2 if it returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

good ending, that was one hell of resignation letter from joe.

poor debbie

what would season 2 be about?

Cardiff Computers battle with Apple for the nascent handheld computer market.

Apple come out with the Newton and change the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Did I read somewhere that this is going to be on Netflix in April - worth a watch?

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that this is going to be on Netflix in April - worth a watch?

I really liked it - finished a bit weaker than some the early episodes but well worth a watch - captures the early 80's really well - not a decade that you see too much of in tv or movies.

Hope that season two manages to keep up the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Arciphel wrote: »

definitely! one of, if not my favourite new shows last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I put off watching the first season for quite a while. Then I binge watched it all in a day or two. Absolutely loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

glasso wrote: »
    I really liked it - finished a bit weaker than some the early episodes but well worth a watch - captures the early 80's really well - not a decade that you see too much of in tv or movies.

Hope that season two manages to keep up the interest.

I thought it got better as it went on, first two or three episodes were average but from about episode 5 on it got better and better.

Season 2 starts this sunday I think.

Here's a discussion about where the next season is going.....i.e. into the online infrastructure and gaming sectors.
    http://www.destructoid.com/halt-and-catch-fire-explores-the-early-days-of-online-gaming-292774.phtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Great looking forward to it. Quite enjoyed the first series. Music, title sequence and 80's look were bang on.

how did he hook up with an old flame, are we going to get alot of flashbacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I put off watching the first season for quite a while. Then I binge watched it all in a day or two. Absolutely loved it.

Going to TRY to do that for Season 2 although I'm extremely tempted to catch up on the first episode :D

northgirl wrote: »
    Going to TRY to do that for Season 2 although I'm extremely tempted to catch up on the first episode :D

why?

why?

cause binge watching the whole series would be enjoyable?

northgirl wrote: »
    cause binge watching the whole series would be enjoyable?
    more enjoyable then watching it each week as it appears?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Interesting start to season 2 with the soft reboot. I'm in the same boat as most punters in thinking it was a slow burn for the first half of season 1 but that it really started to pick up in the second half.

more enjoyable then watching it each week as it appears?

yes

Not sure I was blown away by this week's episode; felt like they took all the promise that was in the first episode and threw it out the window. This week's episode felt poorly constructed and the writing harked back to the completely unsubtle style of season 1. The Bosworth/Cameron Catherine scene was rushed and took an amazing "a-ha!" moment with two genuinely skilled actors with good screen chemistry and just bumbled through it.

Gordon, who looked like he might get a minor personality reboot in episode 1, reverts immediately back to type and is an overbearing and annoying character. No points awarded to the writers for the least subtle foreshadowing ever in the doctor's office! :D

Donna/Cameron excel together - this was the single best idea that has played out from the writer's room between season 1 and season 2. They are excellent together and I'm not sure if it's the writing for this pair specifically or it's the acting chops (or a bit of both) but I'd basically watch a show where they're the main characters and Gordon and Joe get written out :pac: - I'm not even going to mention Joe's story in episode 2. It's boring and we all know he won't remain isolated from the group for long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched all 3 episodes of season 2, it really is one of my Favourite shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Season 2 is great so far,,

It's like having window back to when it all started, and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking.., "if I only had a time machine" ..

I feel like I'm saying this a lot this year, but the mini-reboot has really helped this show this year. Gone from barely able to keep my attention through an episode to being a very strong show that I look forward to watching.

Loved this week's episode - really thought it was one of the strongest of the season. Donna continues to be my favourite character of this season and the storyline is getting quite interesting. Was a bit shocked to see the "old Joe" back; maybe he needs Sara to be his new relaxed self?

just started watching series 2. 3 eps in. very good stuff again. although it seems to me that the show's plot is being liberal with the timeline of things tech wise. couldn't care that much tho as it's engrossing.

Good solid episode this week with "new Joe" doing the right thing. I'm not sure I understood the shift in thinking by Gordo from last week in telling Donna about his illness, but then at the end when he started talking about the Giant it started to make sense; he hasn't told the full truth and is rapidly deteriorating. Interesting thing about the show is that I'm not sure I foresee how they're going to deal with this illness - a magic cure would be a bit shark-jumpy, but what's the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Joe will talk the illness out of him

just finished the last episode - decent enough season but didn't have the intensity of the building of the "giant" in the first season I thought. yer man Joe has to be the biggest tech visionary ever :) - he has anticipated every tech advancement so far. if there's a next season no doubt he will come up with the iphone and the ipad, uber and air n'b over brunch.

Thinking the binge watch for this is going to start very soon. Loved ploughing through the first season.

Interesting season/series finale for what has been a fantastically improved second season of this show. Now that the showrunners have found their feet, I'd love to see where they're thinking of going in a third season, but given H&CF was absent from the AMC press last week, I'd say this show is a gonner.

Shame, because the cast is fantastic and it really started to become a must watch for me.

• Advertisement

Interesting season/series finale for what has been a fantastically improved second season of this show. Now that the showrunners have found their feet, I'd love to see where they're thinking of going in a third season, but given H&CF was absent from the AMC press last week, I'd say this show is a gonner.

Shame, because the cast is fantastic and it really started to become a must watch for me.

yes - good show but the ratings have been dire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Halt_and_Catch_Fire_episodes

can't see it being renewed with those figures.

Advertisement