Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here Part 4 (quote a picture, get a 24h ban!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Currently have 4 good 14" tyres though. I'll have to wait till they wear out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

My rx8, exclusive 231bhp.

I'm still a massive fan of those cars.
    Was trying to convince herself to let us get one. To replace the e90, if it didn't come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I reckon amber front indicators would look class with the headlights.

I figured, I try US style indicators for the craic, as I had them on the shelf for the white one anyhow.

It actually looks quite good.

Also added the standard front grille and badging again.

Before:
    13702971654_af973bf837_b.jpg

And after:
    13977605243_eb3f792b1b_b.jpg

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Did you try it with regular indicators and the badgeless grille?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think it looked so much better without the VW badge.

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Did you try it with regular indicators and the badgeless grille?

Those indicators I have on the first picture are the regular ones.

There will always be split opinions about that. The same as for US indicators or not.

I don't like the bagdeless grille.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I meant orange indicators, badgeless grille.

I reckon that would work best and even if not to your taste I'd like to see a pic of it that way if you have it. ;)

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I meant orange indicators, badgeless grille.

I reckon that would work best and even if not to your taste I'd like to see a pic of it that way if you have it. ;)

Nah. I did take a couple of shots, but I started with adding the badges first and the indicators last.

Anyhow .. I'll try this for a while and see, how I get on with it. Cost me nottin' to change it as I had all the parts anyhow on the shelf.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the badgeless grille with the amber indicators will look good, but as-is in the second pic is mega :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Yeah, I am not normally a fan of the "badgeless" look but I would prefer it in this instance if it were my van. Each to their own though eh :)

• Advertisement

Part of it is also the angle. Here's a picture, that gives a better view.

13934511366_8482a45066_b.jpg

Again .. it's down to preferences .. as it always will be. I found it's too much black, too aggressive.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I think the vw badge minus the tdi badge would look well.

nd wrote: »
    I think the vw badge minus the tdi badge would look well.

The TDI badge is there for a reason. It'll confuse the hell out of people that know their T4's. I couldn't care less about looks there.

TD red I was not available until '98. The long nose wasn't available until '96. Yet, that's exactly, what this '92 shell is rocking under the bonnet. And every other indicator will confirm this at a closer inspection, which will make it even more confusing.

I'm also adding the TDI bagde on the rear again and badge it "Eurovan", which will make it even more confusing :D Eurovan's were what the T4's are called in the US. Yet, there's never been build any TDI Eurovans.

It's all small references to insiders. Joe Bloggs won't know, what the story is.

Oh .. and the lack of the badge usually references to the likes of the slower engines. 1.9D, 1.9TD, 2.4D and the 2.5 petrol didn't have any engine badging on the front grille and rear.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

When I saw you first picture I was like "wow, that is a really cool looking van I wonder what it is." Then with the VW badge "oh, its just a VW" kind of makes it more ordinary. I always say the owner knows best but if I owned it I would go badgeless, no such thing as too agressive:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Marlow wrote: »
    Part of it is also the angle. Here's a picture, that gives a better view.

Again .. it's down to preferences .. as it always will be. I found it's too much black, too aggressive.

/M

Is the intercooler mounted below the reg plate or what's going on there?

When I saw you first picture I was like "wow, that is a really cool looking van I wonder what it is." Then with the VW badge "oh, its just a VW" kind of makes it more ordinary.

It makes it more ordinary to you. It makes it more special to others. Again ... very much down to what you favour.

But you're right, without the badge, even some T4 owners, that I've met on the roads had to look twice to realize, what it is.
    Interslice wrote: »
    Is the intercooler mounted below the reg plate or what's going on there?

The intercooler is mounted in a sandwich with the aircon rad and coolant radiator. Same size as the coolant rad.

The thing below the reg plate is for the oil cooler. The van is far from stock power wise.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

DSC01172_zpse0bd8adf.jpg

Herself was home over the weekend so went for a spin up the Sally Gap as far as Lough Tay. First time in a while that I've just gone for a drive with no real purpose in mind and loved every minute of it. Front splitter rubbed the floor in a couple of spots under fast compression but asides from that there wasn't a rattle, squeak or sound to be heard. I think the KWs are the best change I've made to the car, such an improvement over the standard M-Sport suspension despite the fact the car is far lower now. I might change to 18s in the future but for now, I couldn't be happier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

OSI wrote: »
    You seem to have a pretty aggressive rake set up there Paddy, or am I seeing things?

It's a touch nose down but looks excessive in that picture due to being parked awkwardly.

This is more representative:

E90QuickWashPMcG-35_zps9360ab2e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Someone else decided for me that it should be washed at the weekend. Hadn't washed it since I got it. It arrived back clean so I'm not complaining.

IMAG0077_zpsgztyqosx.jpg

Going down to clean car for a couple of days next week for the works. Then some subtle wrapping and done until the tyres are shot and new wheels go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So did I looking at the photos, saw it in person earlier though, and it looks really good re-badged and with ambers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

FINALLY :) 2006 523i SE automatic, have it a month

I know its not an MSport but I still like it

Sorry it's a fairly sh1t3 picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

That BMW is lovely and well wear with it. Is it just me or does anyone else rather the sleeker previous model? As i say don't get me wrong that model looks nice and im sure it sounds and goes amazingly and its more modern probably bigger etc but i loved the old 5series. The lines, the sleek body shape. Just classy looking motor.
    my neighbour used to have one when i was a kid in a maroon colour was just beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    ...... so went for a spin up the Sally Gap as far as Lough Tay. .....

Having seen the car at Lough Tay on Saturday all I can say is it looks 100 times nicer in the flesh. I can't fault it at all, the alloys look perfect on the car. In fact the whole car looks perfect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

That BMW is lovely and well wear with it. Is it just me or does anyone else rather the sleeker previous model? As i say don't get me wrong that model looks nice and im sure it sounds and goes amazingly and its more modern probably bigger etc but i loved the old 5series. The lines, the sleek body shape. Just classy looking motor.
    my neighbour used to have one when i was a kid in a maroon colour was just beautiful.

The E39 still looks nice... from a distance. But have you sat in one? It feels really dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

rocky wrote: »
    The E39 still looks nice... from a distance. But have you sat in one? It feels really dated.

haven't sat in one recently so maybe im looking through rose tinted glasses. The exterior still looks fab if its a well upkept one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

rocky wrote: »

Couldn't agree with that

L-BMW-M5-E39-Interior.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Most don't look like that to be fair. They have the old style wood inlay and no computer screen. That only looks modern because its all in black.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Most don't look like that to be fair. They have the old style wood inlay and no computer screen. That only looks modern because its all in black.

You judge older cars by the better spec/kept examples in my opinion.

MadYaker wrote: »

DSC_0095+_Large_.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Thank very much Murphy :)

I just love the E60 in general, I think they are a beautiful looking car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement