Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There is a deadline.

The Gameweek deadline.

Lads no point in arguing about Terry.
    So if a mistake is made in gw38 similar to this one it can not and will not be changed after the Sunday night? Even if it affects the final overall standings? Or will the rules change ? I've been on the wrong side of both of these. League leader on the correct side. That's a lot of points especially would only 30 points in it......I hope I'm on the right side of a dubious goal on the last day that wins it for me :-D the game week deadline is the deadline after all and opta stats are the decider ......sometimes !
    FPL have said they changed it due to the referees report.
    This must now be what they will consult going forward and not opta.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lemlin wrote: »
    You remember incorrectly. Terry was always on for 3 bps throughout the game. Even when the goal was not given to him. See the below post from KevIrl:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057154330/11

That was the third time Kev had posted about the bps and Terry was always leading.

This is pointless argument, but to say he would get 3 points because he was on for it through out the game doesn't mean he'll be on it after the game, just look at the most recent GW, the bonus points changed after the game, look at Eriksen, no bonus point until last minute and then gets goal + 3 bonus points, whose to say that Lamps wouldn't have gotten the 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Only checking in now....had bought in Yaya lately and have Sturridge.....what's the prognosis?......are they out for a game or two or till summer????
    Cheers for any news.
    Now lads get over the whole Terry thing:)...what's the story with Yaya and Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Now lads get over the whole Terry thing:)...what's the story with Yaya and Sturridge.

Interestingly I've just done a bit of searching for Yaya news and there are loads of pure speculation articles that he is out for the season, World Cup in doubt etc, but as far as I can see all are entirely based on Pelligrini's pretty off the cuff remark in the post match interview.

I saw the interview and it's far from clear what he meant, especially as he would have had very little time to assess what the exact problem was.

I'd certainly hold on till later in the week especially people who already own Silva. Even if Yaya was fit a silva switch looks tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Terry was given the goal by the media and it was only later over turned by the dubious goals panel. What's the problem?

Suarez second goal against West Ham on 7 Dec was given as an OG and only later awarded to Suarez by dubious goals panel but it was not clocked up by FF to Suarez retrospectively.

Chico Flores was given a goal against Fulham on 28 Jan that was later decided to be an OG by dubious goals panel but was not taken off Chico retrospectively by FF.

In all cases the decision on the weekend stood regardless of what was subsequently decided, that's consistent and to me correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Terry was given the goal by the media and it was only later over turned by the dubious goals panel. What's the problem?

Suarez second goal against West Ham on 7 Dec was given as an OG and only later awarded to Suarez by dubious goals panel but it was not clocked up by FF to Suarez retrospectively.

Chico Flores was given a goal against Fulham on 28 Jan that was later decided to be an OG by dubious goals panel but was not taken off Chico retrospectively by FF.

In all cases the decision on the weekend stood regardless of what was subsequently decided, that's consistent and to me correct.

Aaacch. We'd just stubbornly dragged it back on topic lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I really need Sturridge back fit after so many dumped him. Liverpool have more to play for than anyone, the pressure they must be under is immense. As Gerrard said they have 4 Cup Finals. If ever they needed SAS on top form its now! I'm hoping Rodgers comes out before Saturday with an update, although Liverpool don't play until Sunday.

But its not the media who FPL consult anymore. Its the refs report :'(

But what was dubious about it - it was clear to everyone that he didn't touch the ball.

It's like them saying that Silva scored the 2nd goal at the weekend, even though it would be clear to everyone that he didn't score it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »
    But its not the media who FPL consult anymore. Its the refs report :'(
    They go by Opta and Opta gave the goal to Terry. Nothing they can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But what was dubious about it - it was clear to everyone that he didn't touch the ball.

It's like them saying that Silva scored the 2nd goal at the weekend, even though it would be clear to everyone that he didn't score it.

Terry claimed it and it was awarded to him, take it up with him if you need retribution.

They go by Opta and Opta gave the goal to Terry. Nothing they can do about it.
    And I believe opta had distin down as not being booked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

And I believe opta had distin down as not being booked ?
    Initially, as a mistake which they corrected. Terry's wasn't corrected until the dubious goals panel ruled it a Lampard goal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There are the exact same, FPL fcuked up on both incidents,
    but decided to change their policy on the Distin incident but not the Terry even though it obvious.
    They are only really similar in that they are both Fantasy Football related, after that everything is different.

Distin situation, not open to interpretation, if Distin gets a yellow card, the decision does not have to be correct or incorrect. Distin may have made no contact with anyone, ref gives a yellow, it is -1 point and -1 BPS.

Terry situation, the referee's only binding decision is that a goal has been scored, after that Opta have to look at it and make a call on the goal (clearly there was a call to be made or the goal would never have gone to the dubious goals panel). In my opinion they've made the wrong call, and I think that is a fairly widely held opinion (including that of the dubious goals panel) but you cannot compare goals and assists (especially those involving the slightest of touches) to 100% set in stone undebatable events like the referee having booked Distin.

If Opta say Terry scored the goal then FPL don't change it, but Opta can't say that Distin was booked, when it is recorded that this did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This is pointless argument, but to say he would get 3 points because he was on for it through out the game doesn't mean he'll be on it after the game, just look at the most recent GW, the bonus points changed after the game, look at Eriksen, no bonus point until last minute and then gets goal + 3 bonus points, whose to say that Lamps wouldn't have gotten the 3?

Lampard may well have got the 3. Terry would still have gotten at least 2. My point is that RoryC was incorrect in his breakdown of the bps from that game.

He didn't mention Terry at all in his breakdown that he remembered. Terry was ahead in the stats though from start to finish, ahead of the other players Rory mentioned.

That's all I was pointing out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lampard may well have got the 3. Terry would still have gotten at least 2. My point is that RoryC was incorrect in his breakdown of the bps from that game.

He didn't mention Terry at all in his breakdown that he "remembered". Terry was ahead in the stats though from start to finish, ahead of the other players Rory mentioned.

That's all I was pointing out.

Please explain to me why you chose to put "remembered" in inverted comments.

Doesn't really matter now, but I bet if next season something like that happen in the paid league, there would be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Terry decision was a f*ck-up, but it's long done. The Distin situation is now correct, so no point getting upset about it. Time to move on; there are hamstrings and groin strains out there of more importance to us now.

Please explain to me why you chose to put "remembered" in inverted comments.

Because RoryC used the word remember in his post:

"If I remember correctly"

I was quoting his use of the word. Those are quote marks. Not inverted commas.

The Terry decision was a f*ck-up, but it's long done. The Distin situation is now correct, so no point getting upset about it. Time to move on; there are hamstrings and groin strains out there of more importance to us now.

and rumours of a broken toe for Distins team mate baines ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And Rooney's toe is bothering me too. He was in my GW37 masterplan.

What? Source?

Is lukaku next in line after baines on penos?

Because RoryC used the word remember in his post:

"If I remember correctly"

I was quoting his use of the word. Those are quote marks. Not inverted commas.

I don't want to see you posting about Rory's comments on this thread again. If you have a problem with a poster, ignore said poster.

Everyone else, please get back on topic or I will lock the thread until 7:45 pm tomorrow night. I've warned everyone enough today.

Apparently it's bullsh!t. Some guy created an account and that was his first post.

Apparently it's bullsh!t. Some guy created an account and that was his first post.
    Press conference tomorrow anyway so will know then

Is lukaku next in line after baines on penos?

FFS have him listed in their set piece takers as second in line.

The only penalty Everton got this year where Baines wasn't playing was in the FA Cup and Jelavic took it.

FFS have him listed in their set piece takers as second in line.

The only penalty Everton got this year where Baines wasn't playing was in the FA Cup and Jelavic took it.
    To be honest I would not be awful confident he would score !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My money would be on Mirallas if he's on the pitch, he's certainly got the confidence and he's forever jousting with Baines to take the free kicks

Advertisement