Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW34 Matchday Thread

Options
  • 12-04-2014 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Valar Morghulis....

A week that could make or break alot of seasons as we enter the final stages. Some people now taking their last throw of the dice.

My team for the week:

Mannone
    Terry Ward Coleman
    Lallana Mirallas Silva Yaya
    Aguero Lukaku Suarez
    Bench: Adrian, Bardsley, Nolan, Chester.

-4 taken for Sturridge to Aguero and Hazard to Mirallas.

I would have preferred Eriksen to Mirallas but it was a blocker move. Protecting my two competitive leagues takes precedent over global ranking.

Second leg of the cups as well. I am 2 points (now probably 6) behind Qwabercd in the Champions League quarter final.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Lemlin wrote: »
    Valar Morghulis....

A week that could make or break alot of seasons as we enter the final stages. Some people now taking their last throw of the dice.

My team for the week:

Mannone
    Terry Ward Coleman
    Aguero Lukaku Suarez

I would have preferred Eriksen to Mirallas but it was a blocker move. Protecting my two competitive leagues takes precedent over global ranking.

Second leg of the cups as well. I am 2 points (now probably 6) behind Qwabercd in the Champions League quarter final.

I like your team, very strong.
    Considering Gerrard and Sagna out for Baines and Eriksen
    or Gerrard and Dzeko for Silva Nd Lambert.
    What you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carraig2 wrote: »
    I like your team, very strong.
    Considering Gerrard and Sagna out for Baines and Eriksen
    or Gerrard and Dzeko for Silva Nd Lambert.
    What you think?

What's your team?

What's your team?

Hart
    Ward Sagna Cahill
    mirallas gerrard yaya lallana
    suarez lukaku dzeko

bench v poor

can't afford second option above so what you think of first

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

4 point hit to bring in Stones for 2 games as a blocker and bench Cahill, madness? I have £4.1m in bank but its committed to upgrading Barkley or Lukaku next week so Stones is my limit......

Mannone
    Ward Dimechelis Cahill
    Yaya Eriksen Barkley Gerrard
    Aguero Suarez Lukaku

Hart
    Ward Sagna Cahill
    mirallas gerrard yaya lallana
    suarez lukaku dzeko

bench v poor

can't afford second option above so what you think of first

What about Gerrard to Eriksen and Dzeko to Aguero? Can you afford it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Good to go I think.

302759.jpg

What about Gerrard to Eriksen and Dzeko to Aguero? Can you afford it?

Can't afford it sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

FHFC wrote: »
    Good to go I think.

Great team! Could score big.

Can't afford it sadly

I'd probably do Sagna to Coleman and Gerrard to Eriksen if I was you.

I'd probably do Sagna to Coleman and Gerrard to Eriksen if I was you.

Ta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Didn't realise Manchester United didn't have a game this week

FFS

F*ck you Shrek and Jumanji KidWolf

Great team! Could score big.

Better do. Took-8... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Need a fail from Aguero and two big games from Lukaku and Barkley. Would be nice if Sturridge picked something up against City too, not too happy about having to play both him and Suarez. My rival has taken a 4 point hit so my lead is back to 14, will be happy if it stays like that after the GW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Mannone
    Coleman Zab Baines
    Eriksen Lallana Silva Yaya
    Lukaku(c) Suarez Sturridge

Terry is my only decent player on the bench, i wasn't sure who to bench but his doubt swung it.

Having Aguero or not is the big thing this week so Im hoping that he does little and something for Sturridge who could be a bit of a differential this week, I also hope people will regret not having him for Norwich next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

brought toure In for hazard and ade for sturridge. lukaku captain hope it works!

Valar Morghulis....

My team for the week:

Mannone
    Terry Ward Coleman
    Aguero Lukaku Suarez

Captain btw?

Lukaku I expect?

Lemlin
    did you not say on another thread you wouldn't consider Aguero till week 35?
    Is it expectancy that he will do well or needing him in to counter opponents that made you change?

Lemlin
    did you not say on another thread you wouldn't consider Aguero till week 35?
    Is it expectancy that he will do well or needing him in to counter opponents that made you change?

I also said yesterday morning I was going with Eriksen! This has been a tough week. So much to consider.

I hadn't planned to earlier in the week tbh but changed my mind. There were a number of factors:

1. Sheer fear of what he could do against Sunderland.
    2. Posters I respect like Iused2likebusts and Gillespie Road opting for him.
    3. Both my rivals have made two transfers. Looking at their teams, I believe both may have brought him in.
    4. I've a 30+ lead on both. Aguero is one player who could cut that in no time.
    5. The -4 made sense. Gives me two players with an extra game so the hit shouldn't effect me. It also frees up some cash for next week.
    6. I don't think Hazard will feature next week with Chelsea having the CL semi. I do think his injury isn't as bad as Mourinho says but I still think his playing time will be limited.
    7. I rate Aguero above Suarez. If only the fooker could get over his injuries.

One thing I do have to say, there's far more pressure protecting and maintaining a lead than chasing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

After much agonising for -4 Ive ended up with this.
    Mannone
    baines stones ward
    lallana yaya silva jedinak
    suarez aguero lukaku(c)
    Gives me 9 dgw players and leaves me in good shape going forward as Ive kept mata and bardsley on my bench both should be good options for the next double. Even though Ive brought in aguero I hope City go with dzeko against liverpool and aguero gets a 20/30 minute run out at the end. Then aguero and negredo up top against sunderland with dzeko benched. I cant see aguero starting both games and as a liverpool fan Id prefer/pray he didnt start tomorrow.

After much agonising for -4 Ive ended up with this.
    Mannone
    baines stones ward
    lallana yaya silva jedinak
    suarez aguero lukaku(c)
    Gives me 9 dgw players and leaves me in good shape going forward as Ive kept mata and bardsley on my bench both should be good options for the next double. Even though Ive brought in aguero I hope City go with dzeko against liverpool and aguero gets a 20/30 minute run out at the end. Then aguero and negredo up top against sunderland with dzeko benched. I cant see aguero starting both games and as a liverpool fan Id prefer/pray he didnt start tomorrow.

All the chatter from City and Pellegrini strongly suggests that he'll start tomorrow. If he does 60 mins in that game I could see him being heavily involved in the Sunderland game, possibly even from the start. Where I fear him being rested is v WBA next week which is where Sturridge (v Norwich) could come back and bit those of us who sold him for Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Half thinking about a late transfer so I don't have to play Sturridge - already playing Suarez. I'll be dumping Hazard next week either way but it might be better to do it now for a -4. My team at the moment is below, think it looks stronger with Puncheon in. I'd be playing 9 DGW'ers plus Suarez and Azpil. Question is, would Puncheon be likely to outscore Sturridge by more than 4 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    All the chatter from City and Pellegrini strongly suggests that he'll start tomorrow. If he does 60 mins in that game I could see him being heavily involved in the Sunderland game, possibly even from the start. Where I fear him being rested is v WBA next week which is where Sturridge (v Norwich) could come back and bit those of us who sold him for Aguero.

I think barring injury he will definetly start the wba game luckily for us aguero owners its the monday night game so he has 5 days recovery after sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

No hits and I've ended up with this

Manone
    Baines ward delaney
    Silva yaya eriksen mirralas
    Agüero Suárez lukaku

Just after 4 in the morning and I'm still wide awake trying to decide my captain. Reluctant to pick agüero. Might go flukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mannone(x2),
    Coleman(x2), Shaw, Azpilicueta
    Toure(x2), Lallana, Ramsey, Silva (x2)
    Suarez, Aguero(x2), Lukaku(x2).

Lets do this. Captaining Lukaku.

I think barring injury he will definetly start the wba game luckily for us aguero owners its the monday night game so he has 5 days recovery after sunderland.

Didn't actually realise it was the Monday game. I'd expect if the injury doesn't trouble him they'll want to get him game time and see him do 90 at some stage. 120+ in the DGW and 80 or 90 v WBA is a possibility so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

roryc wrote: »
    The more I look at this move the more it makes sense. Anyone know if Puncheon is still on pens after his disastrous effort a while back? According to FFS it's anyone between himself, Murray, Chamakh and Gayle.

Murray took the peno's in the championship if I remember correctly. He also took Palace's last peno against Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

...Valar Dohaeris!

It looks like I'll be lining up as follows:

Mannone
    Ward - Demichelis - Baines
    Eriksen - AJ - Silva - Holtby
    Lukaku - Suarez - Aguero (c)

Turner, Cahill and Henderson on my bench.

Now before this vital DGW begins I'm going to try something. That something being a rain dance to ensure that Yaya's week is nothing more than a damp squib!

himym-rain-dance-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No Aguero and the band on Lukaku, scary times...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have not logged back into the FPL site since last night. Keeping the Captaincy on Yaya, and playing Boruc ahead of Mannone.

If he does play, hoping he a better chance of earning more gets in his one game compared to Mannones two.

7 DGW players. 8 with Mannone.

Advertisement