Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Very sad news indeed. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Poor Bob:(

I just can't imagine what he is going through, i hope to never have to. He would if he could change places with her, as i'm sure many fathers in the same tragic situation would

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Musha...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭screamer

Poor Bob thinking of all he has done to relieve pain and suffering in the world throughout his life and his own life is so filled with pain and suffering. 25 is too young to die and her little boys will never know her. So very tragic and so unfair. Let's not add to pain by speculating how she died. Condolences to her family. Rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

RIP, very tragic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

RIP Peaches Geldof

Only 25. So sad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Id say bob geldof really doesnt like mondays now. RIP poor kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Terribly sad for someone so young to die no matter what the circumstances if her death were. I hope she's at peace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I know that's probably meant as a joke but it's actually really poignant IMO.

Absolutely wasn't meant as any kind if a joke. Bob was my first ever next door neighbour when I was born. Now I have 3 girls and feel so sorry for him cause I couldn't imagine how I would ever feel if one if my baby girls was to go before me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP her poor kids and family

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I imagine the people in here making puns as sitting on a barstool, reading the paper on their own, looking up at the barman and saying "doesn't like mondays now, wha.." no response, so they nervously blurt out "sure, bet it was the aul drugs, eh, eh ...wha.."

Barman continues to clean glass, punters ignore them. Tumbleweed blows through etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Sky News doing their civic duty by bringing "Live Reaction To The Death Of Peaches Geldof".. Always classy.. What a bunch of leeches they are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I heard it was a heard of buffalo.

Comedy= tragedy + time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

now I know why bob doesn't like Mondays....

How many times is that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Musha...

yes? :)

Coincidentally, I thought of her an hour before hearing of her death on the radio, and she wasn't someone who'd ever crossed my mind before. I was using bleach to clear a drain and remembered to open the window, thinking of how the fumes could be dangerous. Didn't poor Peaches end up in hospital over something like that while dyeing her hair?

Anyway, poor family, they're like a Greek play. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

xfireblade wrote: »
    its terrible, some girl I never knew has died. I wonder would she mourn me if I died?
    I don't think people are mourning, just recognising the fact that a young mother has died, and her family have had more than their fair share of tragedy.

Empathy is not the same as sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If you're going to be insensitive enough to attempt to make a joke, at least make it original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

If you're going to be insensitive enough to attempt to make a joke, at least make it original.

and funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

its terrible, some girl I never knew has died. I wonder would she mourn me if I died?

We'll take that as a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

its original to me. I haven't time to be reading 200 posts, I do have a life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,690 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ah come on now. Her family is well known and it's a tragedy nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Always sad to hear of the death of someone so young.

I cant say I know much about her but sad nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

I heard it was an aneurysm. No one knows and all the rumours or assumptions of drugs or suicide don't help really.

Drugs rumours seem to be the first thought by many in young tragic sudden deaths these days. Especially in that london socialite scene. How do we know she wasn't suffering postnatal depression of some sort.. Maybe just natural death. It happened to Stephen gately after all. Your absolutely right though..no one knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

its original to me. I haven't time to be reading 200 posts, I do have a life..

Really???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Let me guess

You saw the thread title.

Jumped straight to last post.

Posted your "joke".

Giggled to yourself as you thought about how witty you had been and how everyone will think you are a gas fecker for posting that.

How does it feel now that you know it is idiotic post #4 saying the EXACT same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Shockin tbh, poor family :( a lot of people didn't like her but I didn't mind her at all, poor babies growing up without their mam just like her :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I heard it was an aneurysm. No one knows and all the rumours or assumptions of drugs or suicide don't help really.

Her aunt and her grannie died of an aneurysm as far as I can recall. Her gran was very young when she died.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I saw her being interviewed on TV lately. Well able to laugh at herself and at Bob. Terrible tragedy again for the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Sky News doing their civic duty by bringing "Live Reaction To The Death Of Peaches Geldof".. Always classy.. What a bunch of leeches they are..

Have their colleagues at the Sun hacked into her voicemail yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

bumper234 wrote: »
    Let me guess

You saw the thread title.

Jumped straight to last post.

Posted your "joke".

Giggled to yourself as you thought about how witty you had been and how everyone will think you are a gas fecker for posting that.

How does it feel now that you know it is idiotic post #4 saying the EXACT same thing?

that person is a legend and doesn't take life to serious too.. some people around here need to lighten up because they will be died some day too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement