Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

With the whole drugs thing, have people learned nothing from Stephen Gately's death? When he died, of course there was the usual murmuring about drugs, not to mention a certain hateful article written by a UK journalist, but it wasn't drugs, it was a heart condition.

Did he not choke on his own vomit in his sleep after a night of heavy drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Smidge wrote: »
    Did he not choke on his own vomit in his sleep after a night of heavy drinking?

No. The cause of death was determined to be an undiagnosed heart condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

ceadaoin. wrote: »

Yet the muck stuck. :mad:

Just googled it there and it was a pulmonary oedema that was cause of death(fluid in the lungs).
    Went through several articles just to be sure and only the wiki page says it was from a pulmonary oedema from un-dx heart condition.

Muise... wrote: »
    Yet the muck stuck. :mad:

I wasn't being smart, it was what I had read/heard about his death.

• Advertisement

Just googled it there and it was a pulmonary oedema that was cause of death(fluid in the lungs)

From Wikipedia
    His death was later determined to have been caused by a pulmonary edema resulting from an undiagnosed heart condition.[45]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I wasn't being smart, it was what I had read/heard about his death.

Understood. :)

What I meant was people remember the speculations and fuss more than they do the findings.

From Wikipedia

I was editing my post while you were posting it seems. It was the only mention I came across of the un-dx HC. Not that it makes a happered of difference tbh as I was just curious as had heard it was the fluid in the lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I don't know why people are annoyed with Jane's views. She is obviously reading your posts from a black and white resolution on her screen, and severely suffers from Myopia. #don'tjudgejane

I was editing my post while you were posting it seems. It was the only mention I came across of the un-dx HC. Not that it makes a happered of difference tbh as I was just curious as had heard it was the fluid in the lungs.

I've just been looking and most of the reports do seem to be implying it was aspiration from drinking too much alcohol. I managed to find one daily mail article which says it was due to a heart condition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1238180/Stephen-Gately-death-linked-drug-use-confirms-forensic-report.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just googled it there and it was a pulmonary oedema that was cause of death(fluid in the lungs).
    Went through several articles just to be sure and only the wiki page says it was from a pulmonary oedema from un-dx heart condition.

You can't have looked very hard. There are countless articles which state he was found to have had a heart condition and numerous which specify the condition as atheromatosis.

I've just been looking and most of the reports do seem to be implying it was aspiration from drinking too much alcohol. I managed to find one daily mail article which says it was due to a heart condition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1238180/Stephen-Gately-death-linked-drug-use-confirms-forensic-report.html

I didnt intend my post to be inflammatory regarding his cause of death(as I said previously, the chap is gone, what odds does it make what took him? Similar I suppose with Peaches death).
    I was just that I had read the aspiration/oedema but never heard anything about the heart complaint(as you say too, most articles dont mention it either).

I saw the funeral today for Peaches and it was very sad.
    No matter what the cause of death was(and tbh it doesn't make a blind bit of difference)it was very sad to see a very young person go to her grave.

iguana wrote: »
    You can't have looked very hard. There are countless articles which state he was found to have had a heart condition and numerous which specify the condition as atheromatosis.

In fairness, my initial comment was due to surprise at the heart condition as it was widely reported as COD due to PO and it was widely reported at the time also that the PO was due to aspiration of vomit.
    I did look at a good many articles after seeing the post to have a read and likewise ceadoain did too and found that very few mentioned it.

Also, didnt come across at all and its greatly different in its presentation to PO.
    Again, I meant no slight on him whatsoever.

I didnt intend my post to be inflammatory regarding his cause of death(as I said previously, the chap is gone, what odds does it make what took him? Similar I suppose with Peaches death).
    I was just that I had read the aspiration/oedema but never heard anything about the heart complaint(as you say too, most articles dont mention it either).

I saw the funeral today for Peaches and it was very sad.
    No matter what the cause of death was(and tbh it doesn't make a blind bit of difference)it was very sad to see a very young person go to her grave.

I didn't think you were trying to be inflammatory. It just shows how the tabloid media are quick to wildly speculate on the causes of death but not so quick to report the truth when it contradicts their claims.

You're braver than me I didn't fancy linking a DM article :o
    I see the mention in that of the atheromatosis but again the same thing there was the initial report of the PO. And sadly the mention of the drugs and alcohol too.
    I think as a society some people want to know every last detail of someone's death esp if famous(as I suppose they wanted to know every detail about them when they were alive).

You're braver than me I didn't fancy linking a DM article :o
    I see the mention in that of the atheromatosis but again the same thing there was the initial report of the PO. And sadly the mention of the drugs and alcohol too.
    I think as a society some people want to know every last detail of someone's death esp if famous(as I suppose they wanted to know every detail about them when they were alive).

I know. Daily Mail in truth shocker for possibly the first time ever.

I know. Daily Mail in truth shocker for possibly the first time ever.

I've linked it I think twice before(diff things of course) and was lit on :D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

1) Attachemnt parenting, nothing to do with her death.
    2) Her image: that was from tabloids so may be regarded as fiction. Stupid people fiction.
    3) Good / bad mother? Who the hell actually knows outside of her friends and family.
    4) She used to take drugs. So did a crap load of lovely, smart, talented people over the years....
    5) Rar rar rar the tabloids say.. Well my tabloids say shut your stupid face. So let's go with that article yeah?

Look, a 25 year old woman died leaving a wake of grief for her loved ones. If you don't like her, that's ok, but her family and friends and kids loved her and the agony this sort of thing leaves messes you up. Look at me for **** sake, I'm a wreck after similar happening me. I can't imagine the feeling if everyone was blathering on about drugs, and attachment parenting and so on.

I'm still surprised at the lack of empathy from some people. This 'edgdy dark man on the Internet' routine is pretty played out and tired at this stage, can we please grow up now? One day something bad will happen us all, something that brings us to our knees and breaks our spirit. We all end up in that black hole some day. People die, debt piles up, sickness and old age get everyone sooner or later. When this happens you and you think the entire world should stop and acknowledge your pain, I hope you remember your stupid, callous, unnecessary and blatantly antagonistic rubbish posts here, and it comes back to the forefront of your mind and you might gain some basic human decency.

A minority of the posts here make me wish an asteroid will come and wipe these idiots away.

And on that note....

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement