Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peaches Geldof dead aged 25 - MOD NOTE: NO JOKES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Sad news, the poor family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Can some of you posting please show some cop on? That or don't bother posting.

Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RIP, always sad when a young person dies.

Bobs father isn't too long dead either, only a year or two I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Bob Geldof seems to get a lot more than his fair share of tragedy. I really feel for him tbh, jasus he's taken some emotional knocks. RIP.

So sad, two little boys without a parent, a husband without a wife, a sister missing, and a dad and stepmum left lost. That statement of Bob's was heartbreaking and left me with a lump in my throat.

A sad reminder to everyone that all the money in the world can't insulate you from pain and loss, and that we can be absolutely sure that ultimately, it's not important. If her poor dad could, I'm sure he'd swap every last cent to have his girl back. Nothing else matters but family, love and health. Anything else is a bonus in life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Tragedies like this can hit any family at anytime, my wife aged 33 died in February. We've two young girls 3 and 6 years. Last week I was at the funeral of a 23 year old women who was due to be married in June, her fiance a young lad aged 23/24 himself is left with two kids 2 and 5 years old. 7 young parents dead in my daughters school so far this school year....the principle has said in his previous 20 years he has only seen 3 parent deaths in total.

No parent should ever out live a child, my poor parent in law have done it twice now, no child should grow up not knowing a parent who loved them and was taken to earlier. It makes no sense, there is no sense to it. My heart goes out to anybody in this situation, all I can think about is how it's affected my family and how I'd never wish it on anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

God, she was on the Saturday night show not so long ago. She's so young at 25. I don't know much about her or her life but I read in the early pages of this thread that she has some children. They must be very young. Now without a mammy.

Her family must be in bits. Her death is a huge shock. Deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

RIP

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Tragedies like this can hit any family at anytime, my wife aged 33 died in February. We've two young girls 3 and 6 years. Last week I was at the funeral of a 23 year old women who was due to be married in June, her fiances a young lad aged 23/24 himself is left with two kids 2 and 5 years old. 7 young parents dead in my daughters school so far this school year....the principle has said in his previous 20 years he has only seen 3 parent deaths in total.

No parent should ever out live a child, my poor parent in law have done it twice now, no child should grow up not knowing a parent who loved them and was taken to earlier. It makes no sense, there is no sense to it. My heart goes out to anybody in this situation, all I can think about is how it's affected my family and how I'd never wish it on anybody.

You poor thing. My genuine sympathies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

"The silicon chip inside her head
    Gets switched to overload
    And nobody’s gonna go to school today
    She’s gonna make them stay at home
    And daddy doesn’t understand it
    He always said she was good as gold
    And he can see no reasons
    'Cos there are no reasons
    What reason do you need to be show-ow-ow-ow-own?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I feel so sorry for poor Bob. He's had a lot to put up with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

my first thoughts on this was drugs overdose or suicide,poor girl RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

God, she was on the Saturday night show not so long ago. She's so young at 25. I don't know much about her or her life but I read in the early pages of this thread that she has some children. They must be very young. Now without a mammy.

Her family must be in bits. Her death is a huge shock. Deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

RIP

Her eldest isn't even two for another week or so yet.

R.I.P.

So tragic and reading her fathers statement is heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Very sad to hear, only the same age as myself. Really feel for her kids, growing up without their mother, heartbreaking stuff.

The only thing I can say is that we should remember back when Brittney Murphy died and people were speculating that she died of a drugs overdose and it turned out to be due to much more tragic circumstances.

Just wait and see before guessing what happened. Either way it's very sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Really don't know why people watch Sky News it's all filth over that side of the sea one half of the media trying to say she was a junkie the other saying shes the best mum in the world.

The media over there is pure and utter filth.
    Yep, majority of them are pure scum.

People outside her house like.. wtf.

She's dead, leave her family alone and let them process it. Boils my blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Very sad. Always liked her! Same age as me. My Mother and myself were in the same Early Learning Centre as herself and her Mother one day when we lived in London. I must have been 2 or 3..

Poor kids :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Sorry for her but mainly Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is so so sad. Peaches really seemed to have turned her life around since she had her children. You could tell she was a great mother and loved her family dearly.

This is one of those celebrity deaths that has really shocked me :( RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Terribly terribly sad.

I just struggle to understand why?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I wouldn't want to speculate drugs or suicide as she seemed to be happy and adored her children. However, It is even scarier to think a 25 year old girl just dropped dead from natural causes.

I'm a 24 year old mother and feel like I want a full health check after this news, it is incredible how your world can change overnight. Poor little babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

RIP. Far too young. Condolences to her family. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Amazingfun wrote: »
    The speculator was right; heroin overdose.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599052/BREAKING-NEWS-Peaches-Geldof-dead-BBC-reports.html

**Apologies, the heroin death was her mother's, I mis-read it.

Well then edit your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Celebrity deaths don't often get to me but this is really heartbreaking to hear. God love Bob and her poor family, especially her little boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Awful sad.i hope it's not suicide.let it be natural causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tell me why I don't like Mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭DenMan

R.I.P Peaches Geldof. Taken so young! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

stevieob wrote: »

You're the first person to do that joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

ted1 wrote: »
    Well then edit your post.

I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

stevieob wrote: »
    I know that's probably meant as a joke but it's actually really poignant IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

123balltv wrote: »
    Very sad either drugs or suicide I fear :(

I heard it was an aneurysm. No one knows and all the rumours or assumptions of drugs or suicide don't help really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I heard it was a heard of buffalo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement