Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Started this today. I have a week off work so should be able to play this quite extensively.

I feel way more powerful at the start than I do in Borderlands 2. I'm playing as Nisha as I heard she'slike the Salvador of the pre sequel. Not sure who asked for an oxygen meter but I have a feeling that's going to annoy me...

Enjoy. I recently got the dlc but haven't played it yet. The oxygen meter thing didn't end up as annoying as I thought it would be when I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a great game. Doesn't deserve the hate it got.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started this today. I have a week off work so should be able to play this quite extensively.

I feel way more powerful at the start than I do in Borderlands 2. I'm playing as Nisha as I heard she'slike the Salvador of the pre sequel. Not sure who asked for an oxygen meter but I have a feeling that's going to annoy me...

Oxygen thing barely becomes a factor after a while. Used more as a butt-slam meter than anything else.

Never actually played as Nisha in it. Tried Claptrap for a while, then finished Normal mode as both Athena and Jack, then back to Athena when I replayed it last summer in advance of BL3 coming out.

It's a decent game. Like Mr E said, doesn't really deserve the hate it gets. Introduces a lot of good ideas, has a lot of new mechanics, better levelling progression and generally it's more Borderlands. But it is flawed. Enemy design is a lot more bland, writing isn't as good and map design can be frustrating. It was so nearly equal to or better than BL2 in so many ways, but nearly always just stumbles at the last second. But, more Borderlands is more Borderlands, and when it gets it right, it's still as good as ever. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I enjoyed it when I played it. The butt slam is pretty good. Just thinking about it I played it on PC and also have it on Xbox with the Handsome collection but never played it on Xbox so might give it a lash some time. I actually just finished the Moxxi DLC on Borderlands 3 so it's mash up of this or the Outer Worlds but still haven't decided which to choose.

I enjoyed it when I played it. The butt slam is pretty good. Just thinking about it I played it on PC and also have it on Xbox with the Handsome collection but never played it on Xbox so might give it a lash some time. I actually just finished the Moxxi DLC on Borderlands 3 so it's mash up of this or the Outer Worlds but still haven't decided which to choose.

Yeah they tried to replicate the buttslam in BL3 but it's not nearly as good due to a long recovery animation and not doing much damage (unless you have a decent relic/mod) The Moxxi DLC in BL3 is actually pretty decent.

One thing the Pre-Sequel did have which was fantastic was the Claptrap DLC. It's well worth playing once you finish TPS main story.

• Advertisement

Currently playing through this again. I miss my pet in B3 as they revived me many times in B3. I don'y know how many times in this game i was in FFYL and no enemies around to kill so just had to die. Many times I butt slammed without looking and was near a barrel and died. That is another thing I hate about this game the barrels kill you. They don't just take away a bit of health they completely wipe your shield and if you do not have full health your dead and no pet to revive you either.

I forget who I chose to play as the last time I played this game but this time I chose Athena the gladiator and her ability is pretty useless compared to B3 and even B2 and B1. I am a good bit into the game and the skill tree is barely touched.

Currently playing through this again. I miss my pet in B3 as they revived me many times in B3. I don'y know how many times in this game i was in FFYL and no enemies around to kill so just had to die. Many times I butt slammed without looking and was near a barrel and died. That is another thing I hate about this game the barrels kill you. They don't just take away a bit of health they completely wipe your shield and if you do not have full health your dead and no pet to revive you either.

I forget who I chose to play as the last time I played this game but this time I chose Athena the gladiator and her ability is pretty useless compared to B3 and even B2 and B1. I am a good bit into the game and the skill tree is barely touched.

Her skill is actually really great imo. Deflects all forward-facing damage (which gives great survivability), and a good build (Ceraunic Storm/Phalanx) leads to great shock and fire elemental damage. Later skill even absorbs any elemental damage it takes which means if you're shot with ice or corrosive it'll throw that back at enemies too. It's not the most exciting of skills, but the further into the game you get it really comes into it's own.

I was reading up on how difficult it can be to grind a legendary weapon in the grinder. Some people said you must have three legendary's or two orange and one pink. I put three pink and up popped the achievement. Couldn't believe it. I grinded many pink over the course of the game and never got one. Pure luck more than anything.

How difficult is that invincible boss? I never bothered even trying to kill it as from previous games they are difficult. That's the only side quest I have left to do. You get two achievements for beating it. One for all side quest and the other for beating the invincible.

I started the Holodome DLC. Just done the first round and said I will give it a break. I might finish it later or tomorrow. Then onto the Cl4P-TP DLC.

How difficult is that invincible boss? I never bothered even trying to kill it as from previous games they are difficult. That's the only side quest I have left to do. You get two achievements for beating it. One for all side quest and the other for beating the invincible.

I started the Holodome DLC. Just done the first round and said I will give it a break. I might finish it later or tomorrow. Then onto the Cl4P-TP DLC.

Invincible boss is actually quite easy. It's the same as the final boss of the game but just with more HP. Attacks might hit a bit harder but are still pretty easy to dodge. If you've decent enough weapons, shouldn't be an issue solo.

Trust me, it's far, far easier than the final boss of the Claptrap DLC. Have fun with that one! :D

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Invincible boss is actually quite easy. It's the same as the final boss of the game but just with more HP. Attacks might hit a bit harder but are still pretty easy to dodge. If you've decent enough weapons, shouldn't be an issue solo.

Trust me, it's far, far easier than the final boss of the Claptrap DLC. Have fun with that one! :D

Really so he is not so bad. Might give him a go so.

I remember that guy in the Clap trap DLC. He kills in one or two shots the trick is to hide and jump up and down in a pipe while shooting him. I have the achievement on Steam to prove I beat him.

Really so he is not so bad. Might give him a go so.

I remember that guy in the Clap trap DLC. He kills in one or two shots the trick is to hide and jump up and down in a pipe while shooting him. I have the achievement on Steam to prove I beat him.

I tried that last summer but it was a bit hit and miss. Ended up finding a bit of a sweet spot on the map to use scenery to dodge most attacks, still close enough to the adds to get second winds and do decent damage using Athenas shield to pop out of cover and do damage. Main advice though is to get a Flakker, especially for the last stage of the fight. Does incredible damage to him due to his size if you can get close enough.

The Sentinel though, disappointingly easy for an Invincible boss. Hardest part is just running out of ammo for best weapons and just trying to chip away at his health by the end.

I don't know, I enjoyed it both times I played it.

I have started the Claptrap DLC, just the very beginning but pushed it aside and moved onto the B3 new DLC. On about falling. From the quick change from playing this game to B3 I fell once or twice off B3 maps as I was so used to doing huge jumps in this game and jumping straight to B3. Didn't take long to readjust though.

Yeah the platforming is a definite issue in TPS. Some areas in later missions are just jumppads and boost jumps everywhere. The map design as a whole was just poor.

Can't disagree with any you said TPP. From what I remember, it actually was supposed to be a DLC for BL2 until they expanded it given the success of BL2. There were some good ideas in it (better level scaling especially, and I enjoyed most of the new VH's skills), but there were a lot of needless annoyances in it too. But I still enjoyed it. Doesn't beat BL2 (or BL3 at this stage), but for the most part I still enjoyed it.

Well f u Microsoft pulled The Handsome Collection from Game Pass. I had the DLC in The Pre Sequel left to play. I had started it but stopped playing to play Borderlands 3 DLC. Went back to this game and kept getting an error trying to play it. I decided to search the store for the game and couldn't find it in the Game Pass section any more and it clicked that they had removed it.

I want to play it so much and it is on sale at the minute for 14.99 so picked it up, not too bad but it was FREE a couple of days ago.

Well that damn EOS is some hard final boss. I beat him before but I am having flash backs of remembering I had a tonne of money before I met him and getting nearly broke from losing so much money when you die.

To be honest I have no idea how I beat him before as he is really difficult. What makes him even more difficult is all the other guys around the place if it was just him all you have to do is hide when he fires a power laser shot and jump out and shoot him when he stops and just do that till you beat him and then regenerating his shield is another mad decision the developers made.

Well just beat him.

Well that damn EOS is some hard final boss. I beat him before but I am having flash backs of remembering I had a tonne of money before I met him and getting nearly broke from losing so much money when you die.

To be honest I have no idea how I beat him before as he is really difficult. What makes him even more difficult is all the other guys around the place if it was just him all you have to do is hide when he fires a power laser shot and jump out and shoot him when he stops and just do that till you beat him and then regenerating his shield is another mad decision the developers made.

A bit late now, but there's a decent spot along the central area where it slopes down at the sides. If you hang around there, most of the adds can't get you without coming close to you which means they don't mob you, and you can use the slope and the architecture to block most of EOS's shots.

Definitely the toughest non-raid boss in a Borderlands game that I've encountered anyway. I definitely did run out of money trying to beat him last time I played. Had to leave, farm money (and farming for a Flakker which does huge damage to him) and come back.

Great DLC overall though.

Penn wrote: »
    A bit late now, but there's a decent spot along the central area where it slopes down at the sides. If you hang around there, most of the adds can't get you without coming close to you which means they don't mob you, and you can use the slope and the architecture to block most of EOS's shots.

Definitely the toughest non-raid boss in a Borderlands game that I've encountered anyway. I definitely did run out of money trying to beat him last time I played. Had to leave, farm money (and farming for a Flakker which does huge damage to him) and come back.

Great DLC overall though.

I would beat him now easy now. I actually got him down to about 2 cm of health left while I was in FFYL and ran out of time and died. I couldn't believe it all I needed was an extra second or two and would have beat him. But from that experience I knew how to beat him so went back and then beat him. He is not actually that bad if you know what to do.

The gift that keeps on giving achievement. Floor is corrosive. Bad enough trying to beat the 3 rounds but who else do you have to beat the the damn third last boss of the DLC while receiving corrosive damage while touching the ground. Managed to get the achievement in the end. I'm just going through a few achievements I have left to do in this game.

• Advertisement

Returned to this and kind of regretting it. I think my main issue above all is that guns can barely hold enough ammo before you have to reload, it's just annoying and gets in the way of what otherwise would be fun chaos. I'm going to push through it as i have been away a while so maybe just need more time to adjust to the mechanics again.

Yea you should have stayed playing when you were last at it as, as you said you will have to readjust. Same thing happened me with GTA V while driving cars crashing into things if driving too fast but after a while it clicks again.

@wotzgoinon I dunno, I don't seem to have this issue with other games when I return after a hiatus . For some reason this is a game you can’t dip in and out of, you’ve got to keep playing it out of habit otherwise it feels weird to get back into.

Anyway, I’ve completed it now and beat the final boss at level 28. I've got used to the controls again but somehow I am less tolerant of the flaws than before. I think it’s because I’ve played so many games recently that just outdoes it in the most basic aspects of game design that maybe I’m now judging it a bit more unforgiving than I would have a few months ago.

It really does become a cluster**** towards the end with enemies spawning and rubber-banding all over the place. Too many beams, explosions and bullets flying everywhere to the point where you don’t know where to look. There are loads of platforming puzzles and you can't get a moment to think about how to approach them because of constant spawning enemies. Then the platforming conditions you to think you should use the jump pads before suddenly changing the rules and enabling you to hop on a structure that didn’t look to be part of the map at all… Each area map in general is too loopy. So much going backwards just to go forward, felt pointless.

And the final boss felt lazy. Get the shield down three times, attack his health then finish but oh nos he's levelled up so… do the same thing again and use the adds as revives... I ran out of bullets on all equipped weapon types fighting him too. Thankfully, ammo drops in the pit but it was ridiculous considering that I upgraded their capacity with Crazy Earl. I miss the Salvador so much - having two pistols was a riot.

The loot drops are less rewarding than Borderlands 2 too probably because you’re expected to use the grinder to make the best weapons.

I probably will platinum it as I’m already about halfway through the trophy list and the rest of the trophies are easy; can probably get most of them in a few hours. However, I am not doing TVHM solo again after the hell I went through in Borderlands 2 lol. I suspect this will be way more fun with a co-op partner.

Yeah the final boss is actually incredibly easy aside from just running out of ammo fighting them. That boss also becomes the raid boss (because the makers of this game were lazy) so becomes even more of a bullet sponge.

The Claptrap DLC is well worth playing though. Plus new glitched weapons which are great.

So I bit the bullet and decided to have a go at TVHM solo and I have to say...it's not too bad. Either it's because my expectations were set from last time or maybe it's because I'm not fighting robots with ridiculous amounts of health anymore. Whilst the enemies do one shot my character almost to a ludicrous degree (I'm finding I'm going into 'fight for your life' way too frequently) I am just as lethal with my dual pistols, basically a glass cannon. I never felt lethal in TVHM in Borderlands 2 and I think that was my issue with that mode. That said, I've only just beat chapter five in TVHM so we'll have to see how it goes.

I heard prior to my encounter that the Deadlift fight was the most difficult in TVHM. This is true but not because he is a particularly tough enemy. In fact, once his shield is down (which is easy to do) the rest is a peace of cake. The problem is this particular boss fight requires the game to rely on a strength it does not have which is the platforming. So many times I would get his shield down and then he would disappear above and I had absolutely no idea where he was only to be one shot by him out of nowhere because I could never quite get the jump pads to work as I needed it to. In the end I defeated him by basically following him like a hawk until he was cornered at every turn.

I still haven't found that one weapon that I've grown attached to like I did in Borderlands 2. They're more stingy with the rarer weapons this time which kinda takes the fun out of it since all the weapons are more or less the same. By this time in Borderlands 2 I was yellowed out on every slot. Hope that changes.

Do you have the full gamer score yet?

No I was just doing the ones I could get without starting as other characters or reaching level 50. Below is what I had left. One secret achievement also(not sure what one it is now as I haven't looked it up)

524254.jpg

At a guess it's the multiplayer one for doing a specific quest with 4 players present. Highly miss-able.

At a guess it's the multiplayer one for doing a specific quest with 4 players present. Highly miss-able.

Yea that's the one. I just seen that post above about adding people to your game good idea but not sure if I will boot up the game just for that achievement.

Advertisement