Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Do those ever work btw? Must be class when they do!

Not this season but in the previous 2 years I've gotten more right than wrong which is why I'm persisting with my own judgement. I've got nothing to lose now anyway.

I like having players fighting relegation battles at this point on. If Fulham win at the weekend via an inspired Holtby then they're right back in the mix. It'd be risky but it's not without a wacky justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Best JRod replacement lads? No money in the bank so can't afford Lukaku. Was thinking Naismith but might be a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Devia wrote: »
    Best JRod replacement lads? No money in the bank so can't afford Lukaku. Was thinking Naismith but might be a bit of a stretch.

Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

if you had only 4m to spend on a defender that would cost you -4, would it be better to just field 10 players. I have palace keeper already, so don't think it's worth getting Mariappa.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Eriksen forcing himself into my plans with this performance, even if Sunderland have been woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Ace2007 wrote: »
    if you had only 4m to spend on a defender that would cost you -4, would it be better to just field 10 players. I have palace keeper already, so don't think it's worth getting Mariappa.

If there's any week that move is worth doing it's this week because of the DGW. I can see Palace keeping a clean sheet at home to Villa and that'd pay for your transfer straight away.

Palace have a great side at the moment and are defensively excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Looking at Terry to Kompany, Terry has been a keeper all season but it is a case of 5 games versus 7 now, any thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That eriksen show has changed my thoughts about this weeks transfer the leader in both my money leagues had him. I need to take a risk in my money leagues now and although I was going to wait till gw 35 for aguero Im probably going to do it this week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

That eriksen show has changed my thoughts about this weeks transfer the leader in both my money leagues had him. I need to take a risk in my money leagues now and although I was going to wait till gw 35 for aguero Im probably going to do it this week now.

I'm also thinking of aguero in for sturridge. If aguero gets crocked again it's an easy swap to rooney, if aguero doesn't get crocked i'll prob downgrade lallana or hazard to get money for Rooney in for lukaku.
    All these after lallana plays cardiff and lukaku plays the dgw.
    Need to get mata back in too though so getting in aguero will probably result in a hit next week but like you I need to take a risk and a fit aguero at home to Sunderland could reap huge benefits.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'm also thinking of aguero in for sturridge. If aguero gets crocked again it's an easy swap to rooney, if aguero doesn't get crocked i'll prob downgrade lallana or hazard to get money for Rooney in for lukaku.
    All these after lallana plays cardiff and lukaku plays the dgw.
    Need to get mata back in too though so getting in aguero will probably result in a hit next week but like you I need to take a risk and a fit aguero at home to Sunderland could reap huge benefits.

Ye same thinking re aguero breaking down straight swap to rooney if it happens. I'll probably do nothing gw 35 and then 3 transfers for 36 baines lallana lukaku out azpil mata rooney in. Im hoping rvp doesnt come back for the double though mata and rooney much better FF wise without him. City play monday gw 35 home to wba so gives aguero 5 days recovery aswell after the sunderland game. Id hope for 30 against pool 70 against sunderland and 90 against wba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ye same thinking re aguero breaking down straight swap to rooney if it happens. I'll probably do nothing gw 35 and then 3 transfers for 36 baines lallana lukaku out azpil mata rooney in. Im hoping rvp doesnt come back for the double though mata and rooney much better FF wise without him. City play monday gw 35 home to wba so gives aguero 5 days recovery aswell after the sunderland game. Id hope for 30 against pool 70 against sunderland and 90 against wba.
    That's a fair assessment on aguero's gametime, dzeko is doing decent enough so I think they'd be happy to start him and bring aguero on when they need him, I think they'd prefer to hold off until 30 mins to go like you say but if they're a goal or 2 down he might appear at half time v Liverpool.
    Rooney and mata are def better ff wise without Rvp and dare I say united actually look better. Well not so much that they look better without rvp, more that they look better with mata in his correct role.

Will hold off on the aguero transfer until the last possible moment though to try get any more info.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    That's a fair assessment on aguero's gametime, dzeko is doing decent enough so I think they'd be happy to start him and bring aguero on when they need him, I think they'd prefer to hold off until 30 mins to go like you say but if they're a goal or 2 down he might appear at half time v Liverpool.
    Rooney and mata are def better ff wise without Rvp and dare I say united actually look better. Well not so much that they look better without rvp, more that they look better with mata in his correct role.

Will hold off on the aguero transfer until the last possible moment though to try get any more info.

ye i agree mata is a class player wasted on the wing and rooney isnt creative enough playing off a striker. I think utd are much better with mata off rooney or rvp. I'll be waiting till team news friday aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone here follow Newcaslte? Have they changed formation or has Dummett now lost his place to someone?, if there is any chance he'll play at the weekend could save me making a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

He was in for santon when santon was injured. Doubt he will play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

He was in for santon when santon was injured. Doubt he will play

Agree with this. However, after Newcastle conceding eight goals in two games, he may well be played this week. He's a favourite of Pardew as well but too risky to rely on for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

My team for the double -

Speroni x 2

Coleman (x 2) -- Azpil -- Dann (x 2)

Toure(C) (x 2) -- Haz -- Nasri (x 2) -- Barkley (x 2)

Aguero (x 2) -- Suarez -- Lukaku(VC) (x 2)

Subs: Ki (x 2), Vlaar, Chester (blank)

Took a punt on aguero this week against my better judgement. Toure's yellow flag is annoying though because if I lost two city dgw players my season will be toast!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Mannone.
    Distin - Mariappa - Coleman.
    Barkley - Silva - Lallana - Toure - Hazard.
    Dzeko - Suarez.
    Subs: Adrian - Sturridge - Azpilicueata - Rosenior.

That's my team. Two transfers Baker to Mariappa and Gerard to Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭larchielads

palace goal keeper or defender lads?????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Worth -4 to get Lukaku in for Studge for one week only? Fear Lukaku for these two fixtures and don't fancy Studge to return much against City.

It'll be Rooney in after the dgw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

FHFC wrote: »
    Worth -4 to get Lukaku in for Studge for one week only? Fear Lukaku for these two fixtures and don't fancy Studge to return much against City.

I would think yes against palace and sunderland

• Advertisement

Barkley to start both games in the DGW? Pretty much changed the game against Arsenal when he came on, and Osman is doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Silva carrying ankle injury

Fingers crossed he plays both matches since I just got him in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

My current team for GW 34
    Mannone Mc Gregor(inj)
    Cahill Demichelis Baines Coleman Collins(inj)
    Delph (inj) Mutch Hazard Sterling Nolan
    Suarez Lukaku Sturridge

Have a direct rival in a private league that I'm dead level on points with....have had close battles with him last few years and lost out each year..(financially) so don't want to let him beat me this year;)....good news for me is I have 2.3 m in bank ...he only has .3 m to play with.
    Heres his current team....

Boruc(inj) Lewis (never plays)
    Distin Chester Shaw Gibbs(inj) Gabbidon
    Y Toure Mirallas Hazard Huddlestone(inj) Sterling
    same front three as me.
    We both have 2 FT....
    I'm thinking of dumping Mannone...even though he has DGW Sunderland in disarray...what keeper would ye go for of similar money value with best fixtures to end of season?
    He has Mirallas who could gain lot of points in DGW...What midfielder should I go with from now to seasons end using up the extra 2m I have to play with......maybe instead of Nolan for example....
    thoughts appreciated...this one is personal:)

Mannone Mc Gregor(inj)
    Suarez Lukaku Sturridge

Have a direct rival in a private league that I'm dead level on points with....have had close battles with him last few years and lost out each year..(financially) so don't want to let him beat me this year;)....good news for me is I have 2.3 m in bank ...he only has .3 m to play with.

same front three as me.
    We both have 2 FT....
    I'm thinking of dumping Mannone...even though he has DGW Sunderland in disarray...what keeper would ye go for of similar money value with best fixtures to end of season?
    He has Mirallas who could gain lot of points in DGW...What midfielder should I go with from now to seasons end using up the extra 2m I have to play with......maybe instead of Nolan for example....

I'd probably keep Manonne for this week, even if Sunderland concede a few he's unlikely to get less than 4 which is a decent return for a keeper. Instead I'd use your 2 FT to get a couple of DGW players in, preferably from Everton or City. If I were you I'd dump Nolan and Sterling and get in Barkley and Silva (if you have enough, which you should... just about!)

EDIT: Just realised you already have 3 Everton players already, so that's my plan ruined! You have a sh*t load of money tied up in your defence that would probably be better spent in your midfield. You could downgrade either Baines or Coleman and use it to fund an extra City player and then also get Barkley in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Sturridge out

Lukaku in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Zabaleta in and Bardsley out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MEMA2013

Hello World

Need help big time. Im falling behind in my money league going through a bit of a slump but still have a chance to get some decent cash out of it. Can you please give advice on what to do for next week and following weeks as my head is wrecked.

2 Free transfers and 0.4mill in the bank

Mannone Marshall

Kompany Skrtel Dummet Azpilicueta Coleman

Yaya Touré Lallana Hazard Noone Silva

Sturridge Suárez Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Thinking of Sturrdige->Aguero, Silva->Mirallas, all injury depending of course. Would give me

Coleman Kolarov Chester
    Yaya Mirallas Lallana Hazard
    Lukaku Suarez Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mannone Mc Gregor(inj)
    Suarez Lukaku Sturridge

same front three as me.
    We both have 2 FT....

Well.

With no transfers, you're gonna play:
    Mannone (X2)
    Demichelis (X2) Baines (X2) Coleman (x2) either Cahill
    Hazard Sterling Nolan or Mutch
    Suarez Lukaku (X2) Sturridge
    and he's gonna play
    Boruc (inj)
    Distin (X2) Chester Shaw
    Y Toure (X2) Mirallas (X2) Hazard Sterling
    Suarez Lukaku (X2) Sturridge
    You have a DGW keeper. He doesn't. Your defense is much stronger, even offering serious attacking potential. But he could make some big damages with his midfield. So that's where I'd focus.

You need to replace Nolan and Sterling. How much do you get for selling them ? About £13 m ? That would give you about £15 m to play with?

You absolutely need a City midfielder. I don't think it's worth getting an Everton one. That'd already take your 2 FT. So the second mid you could get would be from either CP or Sunderland. Basically it's between Puncheon and A. Johnson. Sunderland will play an extra game and have maybe slightly better fixtures 'till the end of the season. But their form is catastrophic. Though Johnson's one is not too bad. It's a tough call. Can you afford Yaya + Puncheon for example? Or Silva + Johnson?

Your opponent only having £0.3 m in the bank is limited in his moves unless he sells either Hazard or Sturridge. He also has 3 Everton players and a City mid. He can't afford neither a City def. nor Aguero. He may take a punt on Dzeko (Sturridge out). He could replace Sterling but with whom? Puncheon seems the only possible DGWer in that price bracket. He could also get a CP def who plays (instead of Gabbidon).

So if you absolutely want Mannone out you could get Speroni (CP GK). That could match one of your opponent move. If he wants a keeper that's probably the only one (with Mannone) he can afford.

• Advertisement

Sturridge due a price drop tonight which means I'll probably have to jump on Aguero before hearing any injury updates. Hope he doesn't let me down again!

Advertisement