Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Silva is nursing an ankle injury I thought

He's not flagged at the min.

Not sure whether to go for Yaya or Silva to replace Hazard. Have 2 FTs so going for Silva would give me more money to use elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Silva is nursing an ankle injury I thought

Pelligrini says he's had it for a while vut has been playing with it regardless. they may rest him a bit for the sunderland game.
    I'm just wondering whether to go with Miralles and Dzeko or Aguero.
    Might just go with Dzeko and upgrade to Aguero if needs be after.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't know why Cazorla is tempting me because he has been ****e of late and had no consistency all season. But he is.

Probably still do the sensible thing and bring in Lallana though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Transfer situation looking like a disaster already. Was going to do Boruc and Sturridge to Speroni and Aguero tonight, despite the obvious Aguero gametime risk.

This would have cost -4 points and left me with 0 in the bank.

I'm gonna hold off now though and assess the Hazard situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

hazard going to be dropped like mad now-
    Lot of good price options now in Lallana, Ramsay, Erikson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

skippy15 wrote: »
    hazard going to be dropped like mad now-
    Lot of good price options now in Lallana, Ramsay, Erikson

Transfering out Hazard will free up cash for alot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Transfering out Hazard will free up cash for alot as well.

was just thinking that too, will make it fairly easy now for people to get aguero/rooney without too much thought or planning.

it's def been a season for the type of player who doesn't think about the game as much as most of us on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Already did a 4 pt hit for this week and now the hazard injury....PHACK...is this normal every season??..all that final planning going for a toss..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Waiting till Friday press conferences to decide on transfers. Have 2 FT but with Hazard on the chopping block I don't need to pay attention to price changes. Not sure who to get in for him. Maybe Mirallas if guaranteed gametime.

looks like i'll just have to keep hazard and transfer him out for mata next week.
    already have 3 everton so can't bring in barkley. already have 2 city and want to keep spot for aguero with my 3rd city place.
    have lallana already.
    It just means starting shaw at home to cardiff which isn't a bad thing and then bringing mata back a week early as i planned on keeping silva for the west brom game and bringing mata back after everton away. will just do hazard to mata now.
    SSN says he's likely to miss the next 2 league games and is touch and go for the liverpool game but couldn't see him scoring too high away to liverpool anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    looks like i'll just have to keep hazard and transfer him out for mata next week.
    already have 3 everton so can't bring in barkley. already have 2 city and want to keep spot for aguero with my 3rd city place.
    have lallana already.
    It just means starting shaw at home to cardiff which isn't a bad thing and then bringing mata back a week early as i planned on keeping silva for the west brom game and bringing mata back after everton away. will just do hazard to mata now.
    SSN says he's likely to miss the next 2 league games and is touch and go for the liverpool game but couldn't see him scoring too high away to liverpool anyway.

I'll do the same I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

sanket wrote: »
    Already did a 4 pt hit for this week and now the hazard injury....PHACK...is this normal every season??..all that final planning going for a toss..

It can happen when you make your transfer before your players have played their midweek games. I can never understand why people make transfers earlier than absolutely necessary.

It can happen when you make your transfer before your players have played their midweek games. I can never understand why people make transfers earlier than absolutely necessary.

Yup such planning is not as careful as the poster seems to be bemoaning.

was just thinking that too, will make it fairly easy now for people to get aguero/rooney without too much thought or planning.

it's def been a season for the type of player who doesn't think about the game as much as most of us on here.

Not buying this logic. One of the key players in the template teams being out should help the good players. We/you (I dunno) should be better able to replace Hazard and use the funds more creatively and effectively than the average joe whose scores revolve more around the likes of Hazard/Toure/Suarez than a good player would.

CSF wrote: »
    Not buying this logic. One of the key players in the template teams being out should help the good players. We/you (I dunno) should be better able to replace Hazard and use the funds more creatively and effectively than the average joe whose scores revolve more around the likes of Hazard/Toure/Suarez than a good player would.

ah I just meant more so that I had a plan in place to get aguero while keeping silva/toure/lallana/hazard (would have been swapping silva to mata)

other people would have ha d to make the decision to risk dropping hazard to get aguero in but now they don't as hazard is out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,155 ✭✭✭✭km79

ah I just meant more so that I had a plan in place to get aguero while keeping silva/toure/lallana/hazard (would have been swapping silva to mata)

other people would have ha d to make the decision to risk dropping hazard to get aguero in but now they don't as hazard is out of the equation.
    Yeah I agree in the main with what you are saying . I've been planning for this week carefully for a few weeks. Freeing up cash whilst still keeping my big guns so I could have the option of aguero. Now its simple for people . sell hazard free up 3\4 million!
    Its pointless planning more than 1 gw in advance anymore. I had planned on working towards gw 37 this weekend. No point

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree in the main with what you are saying . I've been planning for this week carefully for a few weeks. Freeing up cash whilst still keeping my big guns so I could have the option of aguero. Now its simple for people . sell hazard free up 3\4 million!
    Its pointless planning more than 1 gw in advance anymore. I had planned on working towards gw 37 this weekend. No point

I don't agree, now their problem just moves to midfield. You both might have Aguero but you can probably afford Mata for GW37 while they will be buying Januzaj or Kagawa and crossing their fingers.....

One of my opponents now has Rooney, J-Rod and Hazard all missing this weekend. With only one transfer, he'll surely take a hit.

I'm looking at Nolan out for Puncheon and Sturridge out for Aguero at a hit. Will leave me playing:

Mannone
    Terry Ward Coleman
    Silva Yaya Puncheon Lallana
    Aguero Suarez Lukaku
    Subs: Adrian, Bardsley, Hazard, Chester.

I'm thinking of holding Hazard just in case he does make it back sooner than expected. Jose is a master at the mind games.

I need to get rid of Nolan at this stage anyway. I'd go for an Everton mid but whatever mid I bring in is going to be benched for the rest of the season so Puncheon at his lower price makes more sense. That said, Barkley is another option.

Lemlin wrote: »
    One of my opponents now has Rooney, J-Rod and Hazard all missing this weekend. With only one transfer, he'll surely take a hit.

I'm looking at Nolan out for Puncheon and Sturridge out for Aguero at a hit. Will leave me playing:

Mannone
    Terry Ward Coleman
    Silva Yaya Puncheon Lallana
    Aguero Suarez Lukaku
    Subs: Adrian, Bardsley, Hazard, Chester.

I'm thinking of holding Hazard just in case he does make it back sooner than expected. Jose is a master at the mind games.

I need to get rid of Nolan at this stage anyway. I'd go for an Everton mid but whatever mid I bring in is going to be benched for the rest of the season so Puncheon at his lower price makes more sense. That said, Barkley is another option.

Great haul by Puncheon last week but Barkley for me - better player, better team, better fixtures and at this stage a lot more to play for (for both Barkley personally and Everton). Sunderland are the worst home team in the league this season and Palace are fourth from bottom away from home.

Disclaimer - I have Barkley although he's out for Mata for GW35

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lostsoul21

Current team

Cech
    Ward Ivanovic Coleman Shaw
    Mirallas Lallana Yaya
    Aguero Lukaku Sturridge

Bench Mannone Matic Kolorov Mutch

Currently top of PL by around 20.

Any suggestions on possible transfers or who to play for this gameweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »

Naw, agree with Hogey. I've been figuring out for weeks how to fit aguero, Rooney and Suarez into my run in team and having them while maintaining a decent defence as well as Hazard, Yaya etc would have been the major differential for me as nobody else would have been likely to even get Aguero back without drastic surgery. Now everyone will have a spare couple of million to reorganise, so while I can still try to use the change in circumstances better than those who weren't planning as carefully I feel I am at significantly less of an advantage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Had planned to bring in Rooney for Lukaku and Mata for Hazard next week so this doesn't affect my plans too much. The only problem is that everyone will be looking to replace Hazard now and most likely jump on Mata with United's DGW still to come... God I hate FPL sometimes

Rosco79 wrote: »
    I don't agree, now their problem just moves to midfield. You both might have Aguero but you can probably afford Mata for GW37 while they will be buying Januzaj or Kagawa and crossing their fingers.....
    I'm not going to bother with aguero now.
    Going down a different road ......;)

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Great haul by Puncheon last week but Barkley for me - better player, better team, better fixtures and at this stage a lot more to play for (for both Barkley personally and Everton). Sunderland are the worst home team in the league this season and Palace are fourth from bottom away from home.

Disclaimer - I have Barkley although he's out for Mata for GW35

My only problem with Barkley is the number of midfielders Everton have. Is he guaranteed to play? I have yet to watch Sunday's MoTD2 so will have a look at how he played.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Having got rid of hazard in gw 31 Im not sure what to feel about his injury. I decided back then he was no longer a must have due to me wanting 3 city attackers, lukaku, mata and rooney due to them having extra games. If hazard is confirmed out a lot of people will be going down that route. The main positive for me I suppose is that Im a transfer ahead of the masses but I think the game would have been far more interesting with hazard being fit. As my strategy could well have backfired as hazard is more than capable of getting a massive score in any given week.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

He's already been dropped by over 8,000 people today. His price is going to plummet by the weekend

Hazard to mirallis for short term points or eriksen for longer term.
    Long term planning not going so well this year......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

My only problem with Barkley is the number of midfielders Everton have. Is he guaranteed to play? I have yet to watch Sunday's MoTD2 so will have a look at how he played.

He was fantastic on Sunday, really gave the arsenal defence a tough time and was unfortunate not to score. Based on his performance he will definitely be getting the nod for the double GW, especially if Osman is still out.

Overall Barkley was solid as opposed to outstanding - he slotted in seamlessly when coming on after 10, distributed the ball excellently, proved his fitness and had one big chance. Stats wise Mirallas shaded it between the two of them on FF Scout, for the games most influential midfielder, by creating 2 chances.

I agree that selection can be a risk in midfield but given the team performance to win 3-0 I think he gets the nod and the winning team stays as is. The BBC match report (extract below) credits the forced substitution as being central to the victory:

'The hosts were assisted by an enforced early substitution when Barkley came on to replace the injured Leon Osman, who suffered concussion and needed five stitches in his face after a foul on Bacary Sagna for which the Everton man was booked.

England international Barkley slotted into the number 10 position, as Lukaku moved to the right.

And the switch shaped a first half in which Everton laid the foundations for their sixth successive victory.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

If Hazard is out for a while it'll make the end of the game a bit more exciting. Everyone has him at this stage but if he's out there isn't a dead set player to change him with. Should add some difference to the teams.

Advertisement