Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 34 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Gerrard & Sturridge out, Barkley & Aguero in..

I'm in a similar situation with a rival, have a large amount riding on it and only 10 points between us. He has 1 FT this week and it's looking like this will be our first 11. I've crossed out players that we both have, or that will most likely score similar (Azpil/Cahill).
    Mannone (DGW) vs Adrian (Arsenal away)
    Ward (DGW) vs Terry (Swansea away)
    Azpil vs Cahill
    Coleman (DGW) vs Coleman (DGW)
    Zabaleta (DGW) vs Zabaleta (DGW)
    Silva (DGW) vs Silva (DGW)
    Hazard vs Hazard

Yaya (DGW) vs Nasri (DGW)
    Suarez vs Suarez
    Lukaku (DGW) vs Lukaku (DGW)

Barkley (DGW) vs Sturridge (City home)

I think Ward vs Terry is a key match up. Palace could concede heavily and he could end up on 2 or 3 points, whereas Terry could score (or claim to score) and pick up 15. Really need the Swansea of last season to pop up and take the game to Chelsea, can't have any clean sheets. Surely Yaya outscores Nasri over two games, last week was a blip.

In all of the match ups above, I'm fav to beat him. Granted I don't know what his transfer is yet but I think he'll dump Nolan for a DGW player or get rid of Adrian for Mannone. Happy with either, he can't afford Mirallas or Howard. I'm pretty confident he'll captain Lukaku, and in order to minimise risk I'll do the same.

I'm about 70% likely to outscore him this week, if Chelsea concede this rises to about 80%. Would be happy beating him by 5-10 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

roryc wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation with a rival, have a large amount riding on it and only 10 points between us. He has 1 FT this week and it's looking like this will be our first 11. I've crossed out players that we both have, or that will most likely score similar (Azpil/Cahill).
    Mannone (DGW) vs Adrian (Arsenal away)
    Ward (DGW) vs Terry
    Azpil vs Cahill
    Coleman (DGW) vs Coleman (DGW)
    Zabaleta (DGW) vs Zabaleta (DGW)
    Silva (DGW) vs Silva (DGW)
    Hazard vs Hazard

Yaya (DGW) vs Nasri (DGW)
    Suarez vs Suarez
    Lukaku (DGW) vs Lukaku (DGW)

Barkley (DGW) vs Sturridge

I think Ward vs Terry is a key match up. Palace could concede heavily and he could end up on 2 or 3 points, whereas Terry could score (or claim to score) and pick up 15. Really need the Swansea of last season to pop up and take the game to Chelsea, can't have any clean sheets. Surely Yaya outscores Nasri over two games, last week was a blip.

In all of the match ups above, I'm fav to beat him. Granted I don't know what his transfer is yet but I think he'll dump Nolan for a DGW player or get rid of Adrian for Mannone. Happy with either, he can't afford Mirallas or Howard. I'm pretty confident he'll captain Lukaku, and in order to minimise risk I'll do the same.

I'm about 70% likely to outscore him this week, if Chelsea concede this rises to about 80%.
    Yaya down as 75% chance of playing so hard to know will he start v Pool.

Would be amazed if Yaya doesn't start against Liverpool, its the biggest game of their season. He's played on a knock a few times this season. My main worry would be City getting a result against Liverpool and then resting Yaya and Silva against West Brom the following week.

Let's have 2-1 Liverpool please, Yaya goal assisted by Zabaleta and 1 unassisted goals for Luis. Winner is a Nasri OG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I really want rid of Williamson and Snodgrass. Any suggestions?

Mannone (Adrian)
    Zaba Distin Azpil (Chester Williamson)
    Hazard Yaya Eriksen AJohnson (Snodgrass)
    Suarez Lukaku Sturridge

Everyone else I think I can hold for a week or more. Have 0.1M in the bank and 2 FT's.

I'm lining up Koscielny for Distin next week (if he plays in either of their games next week) and perhaps Ramsey for AJohnson or Adebayor for Lukaku. Everton's fixtures don't appeal to me in the way Spurs and Arsenal's do.

I'm happy to go with 6 doublers this week as I could get in Mariappa or Dann as a 7th but they have tougher fixtures to come too. I also wouldn't like to have to choose one of my 5 single weekers to drop. I'm terrified to drop Sturridge against one of his former clubs as he'd surely go off then. All apart from SaS have very good fixtures. So would Williamson to Wilson (good fixtures) or Vlaar/Baker (OK fixtures but DGW37, albeit ropey enough defence) be a good move with a view to the future?

I'm also looking at Amalfitano in for Snodgrass as a cheapie but his fixtures aren't the easiest. Still he'll probably sit on my bench most weeks. He also has a DGW37. I could do a lot with that cash in case Aguero goes crazy and Sturridge continues to slip.

I know I need to get rid of one if not both of those mentioned. I just can't decide who to bring in or whether I need to do both now or save a transfer. Comments/opinions/advice welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

All done.
    I was against Aguero, but need to have a bit of fun at the end of the season.

Close enough to my rivals - this will be a season winner or will leave me just a little bit behind.

8 DGW players - -8 points.

302256.png

Still undecided on Lallana/Hazard and Azpi.

Captaincy is default at this moment, too. Can't decide until more news on Aguero and Yaya come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Kolarov or Stones?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Hype710 wrote: »
    Kolarov or Stones?

Kolarov generally doesnt play away from home so unlikely to play at Liverpool and Stones is dependant on Jag injury, you would need some news on Jag before taking on Stones...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

wonski wrote: »
    All done.
    I was against Aguero, but need to have a bit of fun at the end of the season.

Close enough to my rivals - this will be a season winner or will leave me just a little bit behind.

8 DGW players - -8 points.

302256.png

Still undecided on Lallana/Hazard and Azpi.

Captaincy is default at this moment, too. Can't decide until more news on Aguero and Yaya come through.

Don't think id bench Lallana home to Cardiff for Puncheon tbh.

Think I'm gonna go -8 too to get set for dgw and rest of season. Last hits of the year for almost sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

iroced wrote: »
    Well.

With no transfers, you're gonna play:
    Mannone (X2)
    Demichelis (X2) Baines (X2) Coleman (x2) either Cahill
    Hazard Sterling Nolan or Mutch
    Suarez Lukaku (X2) Sturridge
    and he's gonna play
    Boruc (inj)
    Distin (X2) Chester Shaw
    Y Toure (X2) Mirallas (X2) Hazard Sterling
    Suarez Lukaku (X2) Sturridge
    You have a DGW keeper. He doesn't. Your defense is much stronger, even offering serious attacking potential. But he could make some big damages with his midfield. So that's where I'd focus.

You need to replace Nolan and Sterling. How much do you get for selling them ? About £13 m ? That would give you about £15 m to play with?

You absolutely need a City midfielder. I don't think it's worth getting an Everton one. That'd already take your 2 FT. So the second mid you could get would be from either CP or Sunderland. Basically it's between Puncheon and A. Johnson. Sunderland will play an extra game and have maybe slightly better fixtures 'till the end of the season. But their form is catastrophic. Though Johnson's one is not too bad. It's a tough call. Can you afford Yaya + Puncheon for example? Or Silva + Johnson?

Your opponent only having £0.3 m in the bank is limited in his moves unless he sells either Hazard or Sturridge. He also has 3 Everton players and a City mid. He can't afford neither a City def. nor Aguero. He may take a punt on Dzeko (Sturridge out). He could replace Sterling but with whom? Puncheon seems the only possible DGWer in that price bracket. He could also get a CP def who plays (instead of Gabbidon).

So if you absolutely want Mannone out you could get Speroni (CP GK). That could match one of your opponent move. If he wants a keeper that's probably the only one (with Mannone) he can afford.

Chester has no game either so his hand could be forced. I would be confident of you beating him this week. Sort out your midfield, maybe sterling and Nolan out Nasri and Ledley in.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Chester has no game either so his hand could be forced. I would be confident of you beating him this week. Sort out your midfield, maybe sterling and Nolan out Nasri and Ledley in.
    Is that Joe Ledley?....I haven't enough for Yaya...and he may not even play v Liverpool as is bit injured.

My current team for GW 34
    Mannone Mc Gregor(inj)
    Cahill Demichelis Baines Coleman Collins(inj)
    Delph (inj) Mutch Hazard Sterling Nolan
    Suarez Lukaku Sturridge

Have a direct rival in a private league that I'm dead level on points with....have had close battles with him last few years and lost out each year..(financially) so don't want to let him beat me this year;)....good news for me is I have 2.3 m in bank ...he only has .3 m to play with.
    Heres his current team....

Boruc(inj) Lewis (never plays)
    Distin Chester Shaw Gibbs(inj) Gabbidon
    Y Toure Mirallas Hazard Huddlestone(inj) Sterling
    same front three as me.
    We both have 2 FT....
    I'm thinking of dumping Mannone...even though he has DGW Sunderland in disarray...what keeper would ye go for of similar money value with best fixtures to end of season?
    He has Mirallas who could gain lot of points in DGW...What midfielder should I go with from now to seasons end using up the extra 2m I have to play with......maybe instead of Nolan for example....
    thoughts appreciated...this one is personal:)

See Puncheon going up tonight....I looked at Palace fixtures and they look tough enough to seasons end.....is there a similar priced midfielder in form with easier fixtures to end of season?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hazard looks bollixed here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

yep hazard gone of hope hes ok this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Hazard looks hurt. Taken off after 17mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    yep hazard gone of hope hes ok this weekend

Doubt it. Cat and the pigeons become acquainted. Transfer made already this week, may take a hit as part of plan to get aguero in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Is that Joe Ledley?....I haven't enough for Yaya...and he may not even play v Liverpool as is bit injured.

I say they would play Yaya against Liverpool even if one of his legs had been chopped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Hazard is injured it really is like the universe telling me to bring in Yaya. Lucky for me I don't believe in that nonsense :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,159 ✭✭✭✭km79

I had made my mind up to keep mata and just play mutch or demel this week. But now...... I may sell mata possibly for mirallis even though I did not want 3 Everton players going forward. Eriksen has nicer fixtures after this week but to be honest I'm sick of forward planning. Its just not working out!!!!
    I'm still reluctant to sell hazard with Sunderland the following week though unless he is goosed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,035 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If Hazard is injured it really is like the universe telling me to bring in Yaya. Lucky for me I don't believe in that nonsense :pac:

Do it. I'm telling you to and I'm far more powerful than the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

with chelsea getting through i think i'll sell hazard now regardless of whether he's injured for a couple of weeks or not, you just can't be sure he won't be rested before the semi finals.
    makes me rethink my transfer this week as i was leaning towards aguero in for sturridge but could now bring barkley in for hazard.

or else just stick to the aguero plan as i have a more than suitable sub to come in for hazard, shaw at home to cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,159 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hogey007 wrote: »
    with chelsea getting through i think i'll sell hazard now regardless of whether he's injured for a couple of weeks or not, you just can't be sure he won't be rested before the semi finals.
    makes me rethink my transfer this week as i was leaning towards aguero in for sturridge but could now bring barkley in for hazard.

or else just stick to the aguero plan as i have a more than suitable sub to come in for hazard, shaw at home to cardiff.
    Yes . if its hazard hamstring he wont be risked much before semi. Think I'll go mirallis or eriksen .........

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If Hazard in injured, it may end my dilemma on deciding between Henderson or Lallana for Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

might go for Schurrle if Hazard is gone. will wait till next week either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Terry took a knock and was down for a few minutes in the second half too. Hopefully he is alright for the weekend.

I am waiting until team news Friday to make my transfer. Plan now is to play:

Mannone
    Terry Coleman Ward
    Hazard (if fit) Lallana Silva Yaya
    Suarez Lukaku Aguero

Subs: Adrian, Bardsley, Chester, Nolan.

Transfer would be Sturridge to Aguero.

I thought about going for a City defender but then I'd be leaving Terry on the bench. I can't see City keeping a clean sheet vs Liverpool anyway.

I'm also happy with my four mids that I'm playing so can leave Nolan sitting. I'll see what the news is re Aguero on Friday evening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mourinho just said on ssn that hazard has a problem with his calf.

Would love Terry to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

A)Hazard and Sturridge out - Miralles and Dzeko in
    B)Hazard and Sturridge out - Miralles and Aguero in
    c)Hazard out - Silva in

A, B or C ???!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    A)Hazard and Sturridge out - Miralles and Dzeko in
    B)Hazard and Sturridge out - Miralles and Aguero in