Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 4 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

lukin wrote: »
    Thought it was good. Standout moments for me was when the pilot who bombed the wedding confronted Carrie in the bar and when Quinn beat up those two guys. Also loved the part where Carrie went to Brody's old house with the baby (I thought for a moment Jess might make an appearance but sadly not :) )
    I really miss Brody, he was a brilliant character. Interesting back story with the lad in the college, oh and Lockhart still a p###k.
    I found it strangely upsetting to see Carrie's inability to bond with her daughter.
    Edit; also the baby in the bathtub :eek: I had to fast forward through that to make sure she didn't go through with it.
    SPOILER ALERT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

honeybear wrote: »
    SPOILER ALERT

It says "spoiler" on the topic heading so I don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I wonder has the two hour premiere caught RTE by surprise?
    The Saorview guide seems to indicate RTE are only showing an hour long programme tomorrow night. If that's the case they'll be over a week behind Showtime next week instead of less than 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

duridian wrote: »
    I wonder has the two hour premiere caught RTE by surprise?
    The Saorview guide seems to indicate RTE are only showing an hour long programme tomorrow night. If that's the case they'll be over a week behind Showtime next week instead of less than 48 hours.

Channel 4 are also only showing episide one this week rather than the two episodes that aired last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I was inwardly cringing at the thought of Dana coming out of the gaff to start a troubled relationship with her half sister! The OH has given up on it but I have high hopes for this season since the two things that I hated about last season- the Dana drama and Brody and Carries relationship- are out of the picture.

I love Suraj Sharma's character and he's a great actor. I'm really hoping they don't get him to turn into a jihadist. Didn't really get what he was doing ditching those drugs at his girlfriend's (?) place.

I think that this season is really showing Carrie in a poor light, I'm beginning to agree with the pilot's assessment of her as a monster. The contrast between someone who can eat cake after dropping a bomb on a bunch of civilians, versus someone who thought that they should have dived into an angry mob with guns blazing to rescue one of their own shows the unequal value that she puts on human lives. The pains that she goes to to justify or downplay it show that she's lost some of her moral compass, and it's telling that Quinn has to call her out on it.

I also found the baby scenes quite disturbing. I have a child the same age and to behave that way to me is unthinkable (but then I wouldn't be rushing to drop bombs on people either). She is so selfish. Her poor sister. When she said she was tired and went to bed leaving her sister to hold the baby I wanted to smack her!

Watching the scenes of Carrie with her baby, it would appear to me that Carrie is suffering from some form of postnatal psychosis - hence the scene in the bathtub and her inability and unwillingness to bond with her baby. Not surprising really considering all she has been through - the trauma of seeing Brodie hanged etc

I think Carrie, deep down feels as deeply as she always did when innocents die, but for her own mental health, she forces herself to push the thoughts away and attempts to justify the deaths. Her willingless to throw herself out of the car to help Sandy, was an instinct, completely impulsive and here I think we can see her true nature, whereas by the time she got back to the Embassy, she had thought it all through and justified what had happened in her own mind. She appears colder in this Season but I don't actually think that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

RTE has it billed as part 1 of 13 episodes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

6.5/10

dreary plotline

so much more exciting when Brody returned as a terrorist

The baby in the bathtub scene is causing quite a lot of controversy. Showtime were reluctant to leave it in and I'm not surprised, it was quite harrowing to watch.
    Carrie does seem "shut down" in this season; ignoring her baby, her indifference to the death of the station chief and the bombing of the wedding but as somebody has said already is probably a response to all she's been through and means she will have a meltdown later on at some stage when it all gets too much for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

I nearly turned it off with the baby scene i mean it was horrifying why would they need to put that in. We get she has no interest in her child and she is mad in the head but that was disgraceful very surprised they aired it. I really see no reason why it needed to be done.

On the sister why would she put up with it ruining her marriage and her work. It would be tough but i would suggest giving her up for adoption to wake Carrie up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

For a guy who was introduced as some kinda American equivalent of a ninja assassin, Quinn is surprisingly turning out quite a sympathetic character.
    I know it's early days but I think he is definitely now the show's male lead, so I guess they couldn't have both leads acting like stone cold aholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I wonder would they kill off Carrie? Looks like it could be the best way forward for the show. Transition in another female lead and take her out.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I wonder would they kill off Carrie? Looks like it could be the best way forward for the show. Transition in another female lead and take her out.

Could happen alright in theory with events to date.
    There may already be a target painted on her from either side. She has well and truly crunched on Lockhart's toes this week. Plus if the leaked info contained details as to who greenlighted the strike on the wedding she could also have jihadists after her by now.
    Depends more on whether Claire Danes would be content to step aside.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I nearly turned it off with the baby scene i mean it was horrifying why would they need to put that in. We get she has no interest in her child and she is mad in the head but that was disgraceful very surprised they aired it. I really see no reason why it needed to be done.

For shock value I suppose. Viewers with young children will have found it difficult to watch I know but others will say it was brave to show it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Anybody think we will see Brody again. His execution was live but nothing surprises me with these shows.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody think we will see Brody again. His execution was live but nothing surprises me with these shows.

Perhaps..... but if they do, it will feel more like a certain show starring Kevin Bacon than Homeland, tbh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

if we do see Brody it'll be in a flash back. It was a very ordinary show. I tried to stay concentrated on it but found myself getting distracted by my phone etc. Not a good sign when that starts happening to me

The show is lacking lead characters.

Carrie is a loose cannon and unstable.
    Quinn is broken and lost.
    Saul off in the private sector.
    Lockhart looks like he will be shifted.

In the past Saul, Brody and to an extent Carrie were strong characters. Much live evil_seed i was browsing online at times through those episodes, the show doesn't seem to have any appealing characters anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

duridian wrote: »
    Perhaps..... but if they do, it will feel more like a certain show starring Kevin Bacon than Homeland, tbh. :D

Footloose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is nobody watching this any more?

This thread a is lot quieter than other season premiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

murpho999 wrote: »
    Is nobody watching this any more?

This thread a is lot quieter than other season premiers.

Lots of people I know have given up on it. Becoming too far fetched and Carrie being irritating are the main complaints I've heard.

evilivor wrote: »
    Footloose?
    The Following, FX Network show (or Sky Atlantic in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

poor little ginger frannie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

i don't mind a quick coming up this season but, thing at the end seemed to start showing all the main points of the next few episodes, argh

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kobe

I decided to give up this drama......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Quinn likes the fat chicks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I have to say I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first two episodes. It might have had something to do with the fact that Carrie hardly cried at all. :pac:

'Cold' Carrie is infinitely preferable to the bug-eyed crazy version whose obsession with Brody went beyond what anyone needed to see on their TV screen. So now the Carrie/Brody dynamic is gone I don't see how she's ever going to be as manic again. I'll probably be proved wrong but for now I'm happy to give the show another chance.

The show does dramatic stuff very well and that baying mob scene was very tense and thrilling, I honestly didn't expect things to go so horribly wrong.

Overall a good, solid start, with some interesting plotlines already opening up.

poor little ginger frannie

I was wondering why Carrie gave her an Irish name and then I remembered that Carrie told Brody in season one that she was half Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

That baby is the cut of Damian Lewis , I wonder is it his kid ...

Advertisement