Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schwarzenegger's career is dead

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

The Expendables 3 looks fairly rubbish also, probably won't do his career any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ps3lover wrote: »
    The Expendables 3 looks fairly rubbish also, probably won't do his career any favours.

probably make a fortune though

Sly Promised The Expendables 3 will contain more carnage than The Raid. He said The Raid raised the bar and they plan to top it.

Sly Promised The Expendables 3 will contain more carnage than The Raid. He said The Raid raised the bar and they plan to top it.

He's also stated that he wants it to be a PG-13 so I can't see it being all the much as brutal or violent as The Raid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well he is out in Cannes promoting the film (from atop an APC!) so of course he's going to say that. Besides, all the carnage in the world means nothing if the action isn't directed competently and with any kind of skill; The Expendables 2 had neither of those things - heck I seem to recall big promises from Stallone for that film too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

It'll be no different from the other two so. God, having flashbacks now of Chuck Norris' intro in the last one. :o

He's also stated that he wants it to be a PG-13 so I can't see it being all the much as brutal or violent as The Raid.

Say it isn't true?? :(:(:(:(:(

Hahaha, yeah right!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised since every time this happens it's met with "Pg 13 movies can be good, remember the Dark Knight".
    People like that are part of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Expendables is terrible not because of the Pg13 but because they failed to simply Copy the magnificent Seven and just updated it. Everyone in this has it in their contract that they cannot die ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The only way you could top The Raid would be to hire a completely new cast young enough to perform that film's stunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Joeface wrote: »
    Expendables is terrible not because of the Pg13 but because they failed to simply Copy the magnificent Seven and just updated it. Everyone in this has it in their contract that they cannot die ..........

Are you serious? :pac:
    Then by that being pubically known it just destroys certain scenes in the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Are you serious? :pac:
    Then by that being pubically known it just destroys certain scenes in the movie.

i cannot confirm all of them but I have read Jet li had that in his contract for the first one , And Assumed the rest had the same considering Dolph some how survived the first one...

If i can located the original source , could have been total film I will link it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I remember hearing how Sly wanted JVD to square off against Jet Li in Expendables 2, but
    JVD refused to let anyone beat him in a fight other that Sly

As for Arnie, he's a parody of himself in those movies. I know it's deliberate, but it's boring as hell, and it's be done to death hundreds of times in other shows/movies. It's like he's only getting the joke now.

That said I'm a little intrigued by a new Conan movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I remember hearing how Sly wanted JVD to square off against Jet Li in Expendables 2, but
    JVD refused to let anyone beat him in a fight other that Sly

Not shocking to hear.
    I like Van Damme. But the chap does have an ego. But always remember watching that documentary he did with ITV a couple of years ago. He goes on to mention how he was offered a role in The Expendables but turned it down because the 'script was not right' :pac: But then goes on to star in the sequel in a
    forgettable role (I say forgettable because he is the bad guy of the movie but is hardly in it lol)
    So am sure he really meant the money was not right. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BarbaraH1978

Terminator Genisys is back, i think it might be awsome

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

His CAREER was dead since PUMPING IRON. The film star, then
    a gov'nor, then a film star, then marrying that plastic yoke...

Whatever. Who cares? He's always worth watching ON SCREEN.

Advertisement