Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

tryfix wrote: »
    Glad to see Australia prove the doubters wrong, he would have thrashed them by 5l if the pace had been slower. The race was fast by 1.07 sec. He stays 12f but the second and third were very stoutly bred and it showed.

It was a hard race for him, hope it hasn't bottomed him.

he is overrated, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

The horse is far from overrated. the race was lost at the start where he is a liability. he needs every bit of 12f and not 10f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Like I said about Taghrooda, it's very easy to say this after the race has been lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

The horse is far from overrated. the race was lost at the start where he is a liability. he needs every bit of 12f and not 10f
    andyman wrote: »
    Like I said about Taghrooda, it's very easy to say this after the race has been lost.

he is a top class horse no doubt about it but yes he is overrated by o brien and lots of people on this forum. needs every bit of 12f yet lots of people say he has the speed to trouble kingman over a mile. as i said top class horse but still overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

he is a top class horse no doubt about it but yes he is overrated by o brien and lots of people on this forum. needs every bit of 12f yet lots of people say he has the speed to trouble kingman over a mile. as i said top class horse but still overrated.

O'Brien is his trainer. do you expect him to get on TV and say "OH HE IS THE WORST I'VE EVER TRAINED'' Com on man stop depending on what trainers say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

He's overrated by O'Brien, but not by the public or handicapper. He ran well today, I would estimate that he ran to about 126 today, he's rated 127 but Joseph rode a very stupid race and was weak in the finish.

You can't go running around way out on the outside of the bends all the way around Leopardstown and then expect to do a Dancing Brave unless you're on a Dancing Brave which Australia ain't.

The winner is underrated, was underrated for his Juddmonte second and is entitled to be champion 3yo based on this performance. Ryan Moore won the race by his good race riding just as surely as Joseph lost it by his poor riding, but Australia doesn't deserve to rated above The Grey Gatsby until he beats him again.

On ratings, Kingman is another horse who's got something to prove, both beaten horses in the GP2 mile today at Leopardstown, Darwin boosted from 112 to a laughable OR 119 for his 1 1/4l proximity to Kingsman and Mustajeeb who was Kingman's Irish 2,000 guineas victim who was subsequently given a silly rating of 119 for his 1l Jersey stakes win over a 114 rated horse are proof that there's a bit of shenanigans going on re efforts in boosting Kingman if at all possible.

I'd fancy Australia for the Arc if he ran in it on good ground and with a better Jockey, there's no way a Jockey of the caliber of Moore, Murtagh or Kinane would have been beaten on Australia today..

Time to dump Junior and get real for Coolmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Will the Grey Gatsy go for the Arc now. No doubt about it he is a serious animal. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Will Coolmore grab the bull by the horns now and target British Champion/Arc to rebuild the reputation, or take easy option out, claim injury and retire him? 50/50 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Will the Grey Gatsy go for the Arc now. No doubt about it he is a serious animal. .
    The Qipco Champion Stakes is likely to be the next target for The Grey Gatsby and Ryan ( trainer ) said: "I'm immensely proud of the horse and it was a great ride. Now the horse will get the credit he deserves because he hasn't had it yet.
    "He saved a lot of ground on the inside and was passing horses without doing a lot. When I saw him picking up I thought he'd go close.
    "He won't go for the Arc. He might go to Ascot for the Champion Stakes if he runs again but he stays in training next year when he'll start off in the Duty Free in Dubai."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=3255324&category=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Gringo180 wrote: »

No chance of winning this arc imo. Treve, just a way, avertin certin are a class above the first two today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I think Treve is nailed on for the Arc anyways. If the ground is soft she will annihilate them.

Advertisement