Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay email batch!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

I contacted recruitment directly to put me out of my misery!!This way at least I can concentrate on the next campaign and aim to better my AC and IST scores rather than carry on waiting on hope this time. They obviously couldn't give you definate answers but implied it would be wise to try again so thats what il do.Iv found these forums invaluable for finding out information so thought it only right that I share what Iv found out aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I don't understand why they have to be so secretive about it ! :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone else can make it to a familiarisation session soon and have that confirmed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Fancy shedding more light on what they said?

Congrats....you're the first one on here to my knowledge who contacted them.

I scored 65 and haven't heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

From one of the information sessions, they seemed content it was still the 378 number for this campaign and it's 384 for campaign 2.

Around a 70% pass rate at PCA.

I'm going to head to a familiarisation event myself and il be sure to be asking questions again too!!

• Advertisement

I asked what my chances were this time and it was suggested it would be wise to apply again!!This was after placing me on hold so they obviously had been checking my scores etc!!Anyways I won't let this deter me from trying again..Having been through the process I know what to expect and will aim higher this time!Good luck to everyone still waiting like me and I suppose we ain't out yet but I'm just a bit more settled and prepared if I don't hear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

rekker wrote: »
    I scored low to mid 60's at AC and been told to apply again this campaign so I'm thinking I'm too far down the list to be progressed this time :( So I'm thinking they aren't putting through the 378 they initially intended to from this recruitment drive!
    Who was it told you to apply again?

Recruitment (PSNI not Deloitte)

Recruitment (PSNI not Deloitte)

Oh really maybe you're right then, sorry to go on about it but did you contact them in an official capacity or was it someone you know giving their opinion?

No officially in regards to this ongoing campaign :)

• Advertisement

No officially in regards to this ongoing campaign :)

Ok cheers for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

lets be honest they are always going to say to reapply, they aren't going to turnaround and say "don't bother you'll be starting in a few months" then you can turn round and blame them for telling you not to reapply.

The new campaign won't be finished before this merit list is over anyway (march 2015). It seems there will just be constant training of new squads going on for the next couple of years to get staffing up to the required level.

People who have already had medicals the police wouldn't waste a couple of hundred pounds per person for a drugs test if they weren't intending on offering them a position if everything else cleared. I'm keeping hopes up, saying that I will apply again as a back up if I don't get call in June. Still think they will be employing the numbers published.

I don't dispute what your saying but I'm down the list with regards my AC score so havnt progressed to vetting or anything else yet!The person I was speaking with said I'd be safer to reapply so the inevitability is that not everyone from this campaign will progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

Yes completely correct to reapply as more people passed AC than positions available but just don't think people should lose hope with the current campaign just yet as there always seems to be stuff going on whether its positions being offered or pca's being sent out or medicals taking place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Went to an information session in the past few days and had a few questions cleared up. Was talking to a lady from recruitment and she confirmed that they are working through the merit list. I told her that I was sitting on 63 from the AC and she told me to stay patient but she couldn't guarantee I would get on to the next stages. Said there has been a lot of fails so far in the PCA and that there is definitely going to be more letters inviting people to PCA sent out in June and July.

Also recommended applying again as a back-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Harsh if u passed the AC but not gettin a chance to go further!!

Yeah seems very harsh but nothing we can do apart from stay positive

True!! Im starting to lose that positive vibe now tho! Lol!

Its a long process thats for sure. What did you score in the AC if you don't mind me asking? At the information session they put a lot of emphasis on training for the PCA early as there has been so many fails. Its probably not a nice thing to say but the more fails there is then the better it is for people who are lower down the merit list. I took a positive that she said there is definitely more letter getting sent out over the next few months. Just a waiting game ...............

I scored 66 .. Been trainin quite abit for the PCA although i cud prob do more .. Yeah i know what ya mean about the more that fail the better .. Everyone i know who has applied has failed the PCA .. Worries me to be fair but like u say .. Gotta try and say positive :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Were the people you know who failed super fit? Or do you think it was a lack of training?

I scored 65. Hoping to be in the next batch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

I did my PCA last week too, and i completely agree with PT93. Im not super fit, but by making sure i made no mistakes on the way round i passed. I think the main problem is making mistakes due to nerves and this is what makes your time go up.

Few of them were fitter than me id say .. Although was the push/pull that got them .. Sum of them didnt really train at all for it, kinda just rocked up and gave it a go!

Hopin for a date in the next batch aswel .. Fingers and toes crossed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm not the fittest either and I passed butt as PTR292 said do it clean. A lot of really fit guys who had been training came out unsure if they passed and some didn't because they had to repeat sections. I heard a good 50% guys and 70% girls had been failing the PCA. Just keep training and fingers crossed for you

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

I'd say 50% guys and 70% girls failing is either distorting the truth or extremely unrepresentative of my session and the session of others I know of. At mine it was more like a 75% pass rate.

Guys and girls, I know you're staying positive which is great but don't let it cross the line to wishing ill upon others doing their assessments. How would you feel on the day of your PCA reading people on the forum hoping you aren't fit or strong enough or that you make too many errors and ruin your time? (I personally would use it to light a fire under my ass...but that's besides the point)

Wish the best of yourself rather than the worst of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I wasn't meaning for my comment to be condescending or nasty. I was told that by an officer but it's a lot like the info on here, some speculation and rumour, some isn't and I'm not sure how true his info is. All I was meant was anyone who's still waiting for their PCA should use the time they have and train then they'll pass no problem, not to spread negativity.

Yeah same here .. Id never wish ill on anyone .. Im usin this time wisely and using it to train as much as i can .. Its tough tho when there always that thought in the back of your head that its gonna be wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Gok0404

Anyone else got any word lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Gok0404 wrote: »

Not a word!! Not even a bill or anything in the post!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mark1969

Gok0404 wrote: »

Nothing either, mind you I only just passed so not expecting anything for quite a while if at all. Will have to re apply as well.

Advertisement