Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Moncrieff really pushing the illegal immigrant issue today. Obviously part of a Government/Media/NGO campaign of softening up opinion before the signing of the U.N. Immigration Pact.
    Was surprisingly discussed on the Late Show on Virgin last night. Otherwise there has being a virtual news blackout. Moncrieff never mentioned it either. Shows that they are worried about public opinion on the issue. Explains the silence.

A lot of people know nothing about something that will have a major effect in the future and has being rejected by a large number of countries already.
    Of course Leo and Coveney will sign it. They have their orders from their globalist overlords. The future wellbeing of Ireland doesn't count to them and their ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

quintana76 wrote: »
    Moncrieff really pushing the illegal immigrant issue today. Obviously part of a Government/Media/NGO campaign of softening up opinion before the signing of the U.N. Immigration Pact.
    Was surprisingly discussed on the Late Show on Virgin last night. Otherwise there has being a virtual news blackout. Moncrieff never mentioned it either. Shows that they are worried about public opinion on the issue. Explains the silence.

A lot of people know nothing about something that will have a major effect in the future and has being rejected by a large number of countries already.
    Of course Leo and Coveney will sign it. They have their orders from their globalist overlords. The future wellbeing of Ireland doesn't count to them and their ilk.

How do you balance this with Peter Casey working with Newstalk in the new year? Do you think he is part of the cabal?

If only there was some form of way which we could take Leo's and Simon Coveney's jobs from them and put in our own people in their place. But how would we do such a think while we are controlled by globalist overlords. :confused::confused::confused:

How do you balance this with Peter Casey working with Newstalk in the new year? Do you think he is part of the cabal?

If only there was some form of way which we could take Leo's and Simon Coveney's jobs from them and put in our own people in their place. But how would we do such a think while we are controlled by globalist overlords. :confused::confused::confused:

Peter Casey is no threat in himself as he is not articulate enough. He can safely be given a short run on NewsTalk.

We need people in Government who care about the Irish people, especially the rural and working class's.
    We don't need people who only care about the interests of the Irish and global elites.
    I am surprised that you defend such types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'd imagine the truth is more prosaic than your tinfoil hat ramblings. The media is most likely not reporting on it because the public don't care about a non-binding agreement that would have zero effect on our day-to-day lives even if it wasn't already dead in the water.

Also, it's the Migration Pact, not the Immigration Pact.

I'd imagine the truth is more prosaic than your tinfoil hat ramblings. The media is most likely not reporting on it because the public don't care about a non-binding agreement that would have zero effect on our day-to-day lives even if it wasn't already dead in the water.

Also, it's the Migration Pact, not the Immigration Pact.

If what you say is correct then why sign it. On the other side of the coin why would other countries go to the effort of not signing the "meaningless" Pact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If what you say is correct then why sign it. On the other side of the coin why would other countries go to the effort of not signing the "meaningless" Pact.

Optics. Some countries, or more specifically the governments of those countries, want to show they're inclusive. Some others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Who is the wankbag who was on with Moncrief around 3.30pm today, he was discussing TV shows and came out with the following

" this show will probably annoy the really non woke male population as its full of non cis hetronormative characters" (I probably left a description out)

Was as if the guy thought I must be the biggest PC hack on the planet or I might not be called back

Never heard such diarohea come out of one persons mouth in such a short segment.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The language expert he had on today was very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

:pac::pac::pac:

the absolute fcuking state of this paranoid conspiracy nonsense :pac:

let me guess, George Soros is co-ordinating it? he got George Hook sacked too? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Two new voices on the "So You Think You're An Adult" segment today.

I missed the start of it - are they going to be a permanent fixture, or are Brendan and the other lady (whose name escapes me right now) just not back yet after the Christmas break?

Think I preferred Brendan & partner - esp her, even though I can't remember her name :o She was fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Ahwell

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I missed the start of it - are they going to be a permanent fixture, or are Brendan and the other lady (whose name escapes me right now) just not back yet after the Christmas break?

Think I preferred Brendan & partner - esp her, even though I can't remember her name :o She was fantastic!

Amanda Brunker.

Barbara Scully is in Australia at the moment I think. At least she was.
    She seemed to have spent a good portion of Christmas reacting to a twitter post where she said it was mostly women to thank for all the work being done to make Christmas what it is in a lot of houses.

I think they discussed the topic on the show last week but I only heard the end of it so don't know if they mentioned her tweet but it was curious that it was on.

Ahwell wrote: »
    Amanda Brunker.

That's the new lady?

I loved the previous lady, she was hilarious

Ahwell wrote: »
    Amanda Brunker.

Amanda was on today. Normally (I'm pretty sure) it is Barbara Scully.

Amanda was on today. Normally (I'm pretty sure) it is Barbara Scully.

That's her! But it wasn't Brendan today either ? Or else his voice has changed a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Ahwell

That's the new lady?

Yep, but I'd imagine she is just filling in for Barbara Scully.

That's her! But it wasn't Brendan today either ? Or else his voice has changed a lot!

Gearoid Farrelly. A comedian.
    Sean didn't introduce them as filling in for the originals so hard to know if it's temporary or permanent.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I wish they'd scrap that rubbish and have more time to dedicate to pieces like why people become extremists and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I wish they'd scrap that rubbish and have more time to dedicate to pieces like why people become extremists and stuff like that.

It doesn't matter who's on it. It's the worst section by absolute miles.

Even the interviews with alien abductees have more substance.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It doesn't matter who's on it. It's the worst section by absolute miles.

Even the interviews with alien abductees have more substance.

I think it can be funny at times. It certainly isn't 'expert advice'. I enjoy it because of the texts they get in to it more so than what either of the two say.

I wonder what do those who write in feel after their situation has been discussed, does it give them guidance or make them cringe I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'd imagine a very healthy portion of the situations being discussed are just plain made up by the production team tbh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

I'd imagine a very healthy portion of the situations being discussed are just plain made up by the production team tbh ;)

The cynical side of me wants to agree... but the side of me that ran an agony uncle page in my school magazine for a year says 'you wouldn't believe the stuff people will submit'. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't fiction ultimately but honestly I don't think you'd have much trouble getting 'problems'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

First time I've heard the current guest pronounce the ancient land of Mesopotamia as "Messo Pot A Meea"!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

when will the movie reviewer realise that 'a star is born' is awful shyte??

every fckin week she goes on about how it has been badly overlooked for awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I spent a week working at a regional radio station when I was 16.

I was asked at one point to fabricate questions for a 'teen agony aunt' section which featured on one of the shows. The guy said to me, 'write about girls, exam stress, arguing with your parents etc.' :D

You'd wonder how much of this goes on in radio.

when will the movie reviewer realise that 'a star is born' is awful shyte??

every fckin week she goes on about how it has been badly overlooked for awards.

Is it that bad though?

I know a number of people who saw it and spoke highly of it. I enjoyed it myself.

Is it that bad though?

I know a number of people who saw it and spoke highly of it. I enjoyed it myself.
    It made me (a grown man) cry. I loved it, and went to see it expecting to be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

It made me (a grown man) cry. I loved it, and went to see it expecting to be disappointed.

I must give it a go. To be honest I've avoided because it sounds exactly like loads of movies along similar lines, triumph in the face of adversity, most recently Crazy Heart (country singer with a drink problem, grand but hardly original).

(just looked it up on Wikipedia, "fourth remake of the original 1937 film", we have seen it before)

I must give it a go. To be honest I've avoided because it sounds exactly like loads of movies along similar lines, triumph in the face of adversity, most recently Crazy Heart (country singer with a drink problem, grand but hardly original).

(just looked it up on Wikipedia, "fourth remake of the original 1937 film", we have seen it before)

There's more to films than just the story line.

If you haven't seen it, I think it is worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Is it that bad though?

i fell asleep during it. bohemian rhapsody is a far better movie.

Advertisement