Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just turned on the radio.

What the hell am I listening to?
    What are you listening to? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was on yesterday as well, pure ****e altogether, turned it off twice after 2 minutes..

It was on yesterday as well, pure ****e altogether, turned it off twice after 2 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What are you listening to? :confused:

Well, not Moncrieff anyway.

Several ladies talking about gender equality?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well, not Moncrieff anyway.

Several ladies talking about gender equality?
    I'll leave Lyric on so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh. Here's Sean again.

Somewhat abruptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just came on to ask the same.

Changed over yesterday and today, expecting to hear Moncrieff, but instead got the dreariest of round table discussions on 'womens' issues'.

I know gender issues are a touchy subject round here, but that was genuinely dull radio, and meant I was back to the podcasts both days..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

They got a group of women of different generations in together to record a semi-structured discussion on various issues. Thought the contrasting perspectives were quite interesting.

Anyway, I suspect it'll be about a half hour per show for the rest of the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

It definitely shows that the majority of producers and newsroom staff in Newstalk are women.

Endless pushing of the women agenda. Also every single news report features a story on rape. Someone is really obsessed with rape in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

They got a group of women of different generations in together to record a semi-structured discussion on various issues. Thought the contrasting perspectives were quite interesting.

Anyway, I suspect it'll be about a half hour per show for the rest of the week.

Thought it was quite interesting as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It definitely shows that the majority of producers and newsroom staff in Newstalk are women.

Endless pushing of the women agenda. Also every single news report features a story on rape. Someone is really obsessed with rape in there.

They have some influence when they are driving reporting of rape cases on RTE, Virgin, Today FM etc as well due to this obsession which obviously has no basis in key stories happening in the public space over recent days/weeks/months. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Haven't tuned in for a while, but I bet it involves some septic talking pure rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Love the show. Love Sean. He's a breath of fresh air most of the time. Albeit he's been on quite a few years now at this stage.

he's a condecending wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭monstermag

The round table discussion was quite interesting. Sean must have been scratching his head listening to it because it didn't really tally with what he and many in the media have been pushing. I don't think any of them experienced discrimination in the workplace. None of them agreed with gender quatos. And most had issues with the me too movement. In short they were perfectly normal people. Common scene goes along way. I think this discussion may be a better reflection of women today, rather than than the usual representation in the media.

Man texts in saying the Italian lady had a lovely accent, Sean says he should listen out for the sound of sirens arriving at his house.

Women text in implying they are masturbating looking at Jamie Dornan in his latest show, Sean has no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Man texts in saying the Italian lady had a lovely accent, Sean says he should listen out for the sound of sirens arriving at his house.

Women text in implying they are masturbating looking at Jamie Dornan in his latest show, Sean has no problem with that.

And Sean has a major meltdown at the end slaggng off a texter who said he was enjoying the show until Sean went all SJW so Sean says something along the lines that he was a man of a certain age who was frightened to talk to girls and if one spoke to him his Penis would shrivel up! Even Annette was embarrassed with that outburst!
    What a total ********( can't be too careful on this thread!)

And Sean has a major meltdown at the end slaggng off a texter who said he was enjoying the show until Sean went all SJW so Sean says something along the lines that he was a man of a certain age who was frightened to talk to girls and if one spoke to him his Penis would shrivel up! Even Annette was embarrassed with that outburst!

Yeah, it was fairly unhinged.

I was disappointed none of the texters picked up on the hypocrisy in relation to the inappropriate texts made by women about a man. Maybe some did but they weren't read out. The only texts he reads out are ones he agrees with or ones he can berate without any come back.

I only heard the last 20 mins this evening, Sean was a total knobhead.
    Sometimes his sarcasm is amusing, not today...

Now they have a panel of women on with Ivan to talk about rape.

Just rename it to RapeTalk and be done with it.

Yeah, it was fairly unhinged.

I was disappointed none of the texters picked up on the hypocrisy in relation to the inappropriate texts made by women about a man. Maybe some did but they weren't read out. The only texts he reads out are ones he agrees with or ones he can berate without any come back.
    4Ad wrote: »
    I only heard the last 20 mins this evening, Sean was a total knobhead.
    Sometimes his sarcasm is amusing, not today...

And yet people still listen and ratings increased in latest figures.

You do realise this has been a particularly relevant topic given recent real world events. Also, this is in conjunction with the survey the commissioned.

Why do you (and others) have such a problem with this being discussed?

• Advertisement

You do realise this has been a particularly relevant topic given recent real world events. Also, this is in conjunction with the survey the commissioned.

Why do you (and others) have such a problem with this being discussed?

Because it's boring.

Also it was commissioned by the Newstalk themselves. They are creating the narrative and pushing an agenda

Because it's boring.

Also it was commissioned by the Newstalk themselves. They are creating the narrative and pushing an agent.

What, you think they told the 1000 people how to answer the survey?

What do you think a current affairs focused talk radio show should talk about to get you excited?

What, you think they told the 1000 people how to answer the survey?

What do you think a current affairs focused talk radio show should talk about to get you excited?

What way were the questions framed? People are sheep and if they hear for long enough that Ireland is a terrible terrible place for women and men are vile, it's no surprise they answered the way they did.

What why were the questions framed? People are sheep and if they hear for long enough that Ireland is a terrible terrible place for women and men are vile, it's no surprise they answered the way they did.

I don't think anyone is saying that Ireland is a terrible place for women and that all men are vile. I see a lot of people inferring from what is being said that that is what is implied but I do not agree.

I think the statistics in rape convictions would indicate that the majority of victims do not get justice. If that is indeed the case, then that is unfair. How else can we explore this unless it is discussed openly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Wow, what an utterly pathetic post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i thought the panel thing was alright, just a bit monotonous, not great for radio, definitely not for 30 odd mins anyway.

but would agree with others here. seems something has irritated the shyte out of moncrieff in the past few weeks and he's taking it out on texters who he presumes are males of a certain age. he's brought up the size of their penises twice in the past couple of weeks while ripping the piss out of their messages. seriously, if that's the best you can come up with, then just ignore the messages. it'll become his version of replying with 'yore ma' on boards. it's just tedious and pathetic radio when he gets shouty like that.

he could learn a lot from James O'Brien on LBC, let them dig their own hole, but don't get into it with them.

Wow, what an utterly pathetic post.

I think it's my best one so far.

i thought the panel thing was alright, just a bit monotonous, not great for radio, definitely not for 30 odd mins anyway.

but would agree with others here. seems something has irritated the shyte out of moncrieff in the past few weeks and he's taking it out on texters who he presumes are males of a certain age. he's brought up the size of their penises twice in the past couple of weeks while ripping the piss out of their messages. seriously, if that's the best you can come up with, then just ignore the messages. it'll become his version of replying with 'yore ma' on boards. it's just tedious and pathetic radio when he gets shouty like that.

he could learn a lot from James O'Brien on LBC, let them dig their own hole, but don't get into it with them.

You didn't hear him yesterday did you? Got in to it with 3 callers. Flat out told them they were wrong. One hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

You didn't hear him yesterday did you? Got in to it with 3 callers. Flat out told them they were wrong. One hung up.

the guy who hung up pretended his line was down?? he was talking absolute nonsense anyway. still though, nothing will beat the young fella from York who almost cried when reminiscing on growing up in the 80s when there were no eastern europeans around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I like Sean but yeah he can flip very quickly over nothing or something minor.

He can also be terrible at interviewing someone who he disagrees with on say guns or immigration (the one were people come in).

I'm beginning to think TV on the Radio is my favourite of his regular slots.

Advertisement