Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Esther was on with Hook during the week talking about Wimbledon, she said he knows about everything he was talking about old matches that she hadn't even heard of and Sean's reply was along the lines of "No one remembers anything before 1950 and George makes all those stories up, it sounds like a historical reference but it's totally out of his imagination" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is this tech guy a regular on Moncrieff? They seem to have one on every daily NT show, it's hard to keep tabs on them all...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Yeah, he and Sean discuss "Internet loveliness" every Tuesday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Alan Shatter is reading poetry right now, this is surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Alan Shatter is reading poetry right now, this is surreal.
    Be thankful it isn't the 'hot' scenes from his novel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Really miss paolo (R.I.P), the one who is on now has never heard of people trying to cook fish in the dishwasher. I was never that interested in the food items in the food slot, much preferred the stories and attempts at new dishes from paolo

I switched off as she got so far up her own arse with salads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They should have retired the Cooking spot in honour of the great man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

I switched off as she got so far up her own arse with salads.

Who was she?

washiskin wrote: »
    Who was she?

Someone who still believed you can make friends with salad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

washiskin wrote: »
    Who was she?

Probably some American fairy.
    Why so many Americans on this show? Usually spouting bullsh1t too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

F*** off Amanda Brunker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭DeadHand

jooksavage wrote: »
    F*** off Amanda Brunker

Just coming here to express the same sentiment...

Usually I like the show but I had to switch off when she came on. She gets loads of air time on this show... Why? Is there really demand for her?

Her greatest Claims to fame were flogging sofas, getting plastic surgery and being comically bad at slane without a hint of self-awareness.

Am I the only one who finds her an unbearable, self-regarding bint?

Usually, Moncrief gets really interesting guests on. Are they personal friends or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

DeadHand wrote: »

Usually I like the show but I had to switch off when she came on. She gets loads of air time on this show... Why? Is there really demand for her?

Her greatest Claims to fame were flogging sofas, getting plastic surgery and being comically bad at slane without a hint of self-awareness.

Usually, Moncrief gets really interesting guests on. Are they personal friends or something?

You forgot that she is a friend of Bono:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    You forgot that she is a friend of Bono:D

Similar levels of self-regard, but at least Mr.Hewson backs it up with some discernible talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

DeadHand wrote: »

Steve Albini once described the David Bowie effect - "I can sing, therefore I can act and paint". In David Bowie's case he could actually do one of those three things.

Amdanda Brunker seems to think, "I have a media profile, therefore I can write and present and sing and and and and..."

Amdana Brunker, the only reason you have any profile is because hacks like Barry Egan (who are just as big a waste of skin as yourself) have nothing better to fill out the columns of their wearisome "goss" pages.

Brunker said Paris Hilton is one of the biggest Dj's in the world but she's only famous because of a sex tape, someone remind me again of the musical talent Amanda showed to get a slot at Oxegen :o

Sean gets fierce defensive if you say anything against Amanda https://twitter.com/seanmoncrieff/status/622028951515475969

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

2czx0gg.jpg24gva54.jpg

Paul Durcan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Sean gets fierce defensive if you say anything against Amanda https://twitter.com/seanmoncrieff/status/622028951515475969

I have a lot of time for Sean, usually enjoy the show but that's a ridiculous response.

"You don't like my airhead guest therefore you hate all women".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

He was doing seriously unfunny April Fools Day gags recently and I tweeted I was switching to BBC Five Live and would be back tomorrow. He replied telling me not to bother as he only wanted listeners with a sense of humour.

I've obeyed his wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'm a big fan of the show and my only time cursing Sean was when he went on holidays and feckin Twink was the sub!!!

FFS!

(might have had feck all to do with sean)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

I have a lot of time for Sean, usually enjoy the show but that's a ridiculous response.

"You don't like my airhead guest therefore you hate all women".

It's still OTT but I suspect Sean's response was coloured by PóL's previous tweet:

1zohh0k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

styron wrote: »
    It's still OTT but I suspect Sean's response was coloured by PóL's previous tweet:

1zohh0k.jpg

That would make a little more sense alright.

Probably true regarding the tweeter, but in previous occasions I've seen him attack tweeters or listeners who have dared to criticise Amanda Brunker. I just don't understand why they have her on if she is so unpopular?

That texter accusing him of being gay was just bizarre.

McKean is in America covering the Special Olympics and he still manages to find time to interview junkies/homeless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

McKean is in America covering the Special Olympics and he still manages to find time to interview junkies/homeless people.

Still struggling to find out what his role in the stations actually is. It must be the cushiest number that there is going. Does he have dirt on DOB or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Still struggling to find out what his role in the stations actually is.

Putting the Ladybird Guide to Interviewing into practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The fella standing in for Sean today is doing a very good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

switched over to give him a chance but he seems to be cut from the same cloth of smug pryckness as sean.

so, lamentably, im back to that gobshyte darcy.

sweet jesus i wish someone somewhere on the dial would shake up this timeslot.

Advertisement