Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean Moncrieff - Newstalk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

jooksavage wrote: »
    Yep. I don't blame her though, she's only human. I know I'm biased against Mullen anyway but he outdid himself today: he gave it to everyone - the government, the media, the charities, the guards, the students. Of course, the danger is the YES side being complacent because of the quality of the opposition.

The whole interview was a farce. Tara should really have pointed out that Mullen interrupts and talks over everyone who challenges him in every interview he does. He also has a permanent victim mentality, he sees all of society as against him, but cant see that maybe he is wrong.

Will be glad when referendum is over and he disappears for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

I just listened back to the whole interview.I thought Mullen was reasonable and made some points I haven't heard before,on the surrogacy issue particularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

He threw in enough red herrings to sustain this country's fishing industry and enough bullshit to cause a catastrophe in every waste management plant in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I don't know why but I just can't make myself like John Drinnan

Sort of off-topic, but Newstalk's online streaming has been a lot more stable today. It hasn't skipped backwards at any time since I started listening at about 1:35pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Shane Byrne must have a flat upstairs or something.Never off the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

kneemos wrote: »
    Shane Byrne must have a flat upstairs or something.Never off the show.

He was on the Breakfast show as well this morning. He must have a competitive appearance fee...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Think it's been a few months since Shane Byrne last was on, was a good chat about Matt O'Connor, Sean doesn't strike me as having a huge interest in sport but he's well able to bullsh1t his way through a conversation on it, he did as good a job any sports presenter would in that chat.

That fella talking about getting his partner to have a breast enlargement sounded a bit mental, but Sean admitted they had him on for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭robbe

As no one else has posted it - no Paolo yesterday, at this stage I half expect to see his face on missing posters stapled to lamp posts....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

robbe wrote: »
    As no one else has posted it - no Paolo yesterday, at this stage I half expect to see his face on missing posters stapled to lamp posts....

Did I hear a different kids psychiatrist and a different won on the farming slot?

Hmmmm the plot thickens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

kneemos wrote: »
    Did I hear a different kids psychiatrist and a different won on the farming slot?

Hmmmm the plot thickens.

I think David Carey and Mairead Lavery were just taking a week off.

Yeah, they mentioned yesterday that Mairead Laverty was taking part in the Bloom flower show as part of the Irish Countrywomen's Association's entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Think Mairead is very good on the farming slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What did Sean read out there that he shouldn't have? Missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What did Sean read out there that he shouldn't have? Missed it

Since they were reviewing ciders, someone texted in to say that his wife liked to pickle things in cider. She especially liked bananas IN CIDER:D

it was funnier that Sean didnt get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The one week i don't listen and they discuss cider:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think I remember some texting in about Whippet Inn Cider before. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

heh, he was also made to believe a coprophile was someone who loved copper coins, always good to see such a smartarse caught out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

it's another brutally edited show for a bank holiday today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Didn't realise he was 65, thought he was much older. That's a pity. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Just read it

So sad reading it, a true gent and i hope the show give him a proper send off.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Just read it

So sad reading it, a true gent and i hope the show give him a proper send off.

RIP

i'm going to make some not so stodgy lasagne in his honour. :(

RIP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am not big into cooking at all, but used to love listening to him his story's were great and very well told.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aww no was wondering why he wasn't writing reviews in the Saturday indo . I loved him on the radio. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

can good broadcasters please stop dying

RIP:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

A natural on the TV and on the radio. A sad sad loss. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think his segment was the first Moncrieff I ever heard. Sorry to hear of his passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

he made that food slot, he was great at doing it and so cool and personal in a way. i remember the last one he did and everyone thought he was pissed.

Advertisement