Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'd be up for some of that as well, I'm a total n00b at it though - ye can use me as a bumper for cornering.

Last night was more like Destruction Derby than it was Forza:pac:.Some lads and i wont say who(Failsafe) committed awful evil on the track altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Last night was more like Destruction Derby than it was Forza:pac:.Some lads and i wont say who(Failsafe) committed awful evil on the track altogether.
    ?

I am a gent on the track. I pass cars with grace and elegance :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Some lads and i wont say who(Failsafe) committed awful evil on the track altogether.

i must have been imagining you spinning me off the track so :p

there's a fair few of us total noobs though, basically 2 of waiting to reverse over finish line while the rest of us bumper carred our way along the track to catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

miju wrote: »
    i must have been imagining you spinning me off the track so :p

there's a fair few of us total noobs though, basically 2 of waiting to reverse over finish line while the rest of us bumper carred our way along the track to catch up

This isn't a video of me driving :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is anyone else having a problem where the picture starts scrambling, screen comes across with all red or green lines like static interference, hasn't happened me in a while and now it's at it again, I can watch videos and all that but titanfall is unplayable right now and it's been fine for a few weeks, the screen goes completely black then comes back then the lines appear? Can't see anyone online mentioning the red and green lines, if it was a pc I'd be pointing at a faulty graphics card..any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

This isn't a video of me driving :o

Looks to me like you were driving in a straight line and the other car stop you from missing the corner.
    It's not as if you were going backwards in a race just to annoy everyone else (cough GTA5)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

wow
    that really is a bargain

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It is heartening to see that Microsoft have been responding so well to being so far behind.

Their projections must be really shocking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Did you buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Did you buy it?
    I already have one but posted this, in case anyone was interested.

For that price and including Titanfall, it's great value (essentially €360 for the console, including Kinect and €60 for the game).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Just wondering is it possible to stack xbox live subscriptions. If i use a 3 month code while my 12 month code is still active should it just add a 3 month extension.
    I keep an error message anytime I enter the code

Just wondering is it possible to stack xbox live subscriptions. If i use a 3 month code while my 12 month code is still active should it just add a 3 month extension.
    I keep an error message anytime I enter the code

It should stack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    It should stack

I tried it before on 360 and it didn't work. I'd say you'll have to save it till your current sub runs out

I tried it before on 360 and it didn't work. I'd say you'll have to save it till your current sub runs out

Works for me. I bought 2 yearly Xbox live codes last yr and they both got accepted 26 months altogether also added a free month with an Xbox one game I got. They all stacked for me somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

It's working now. Kept getting an error code on the xbox but got a confirmation email to say it's gone through. The 3 months added onto the time I had left

Really getting into Forza at the moment in particular the car designer thing. Slowly getting to grips with how much you can do with it. A few early designs

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

new April update being rolled out tonight.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/xbox-one-april-system-updates-rollout

Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.

Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This was one of the most frequently requested features, so we made it a priority to include it in this update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list.

Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to be fine-tuned for quality and reliability of Xbox One commands. For example, we’ve updated some of the gesture functionality to reduce false positives on non-hand objects triggering gesture commands.

Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
    Blu-ray player supports 50 Hz video output for content recorded at 50 Hz. We’ll also be updating the Blu-ray Player app in the coming days to round out these improvements.

Controller and headset adapter firmware updates will reduce audio static and improve wireless connectivity.

Silent reboot after system updates and system update on demand now available. If your console is in Instant On mode, the update will happen automatically and return to standby upon completion. This means you won’t need to power on your console after an update moving forward. If you want to take future updates when available without waiting for your console to do it on its own, we’ve added this option under system settings and you’ll be able to use it next update. It will only show as available when there is an update to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Got my Xbox one about 2 months ago. Got Forza. Been engrossed in that since.

Any suggestions on what game to get next? I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on Titanfall but the options are limited obviously.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Enjoyed Titanfall for a couple of weeks but got a bit bored with it.

Have always been a Battlefield fan on the 360 (well, to a point) so picked up BF4 for Xbox One and am back in love. The 64 player battles can get really epic and it plays a lot less glitchy than the 360 version.

So given the very limited choice this is my recommendation. Other opinions may differ. :)

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    Enjoyed Titanfall for a couple of weeks but got a bit bored with it.

Have always been a Battlefield fan on the 360 (well, to a point) so picked up BF4 for Xbox One and am back in love. The 64 player battles can get really epic and it plays a lot less glitchy than the 360 version.

So given the very limited choice this is my recommendation. Other opinions may differ. :)

Multiplayer online games aren't really my cup of tea. If I could avoid getting annhilated every two seconds I'm sure I'd be a fan but unfortunately I am crap.

I have a funny gaming history in so far as I went Atari 2600 (wood veneer second hand), Nes, Megadrive, Playstation, Pc and then for about ten years nothing. I got an Xbox 360 one christmas and been hooked since. I still just prefer playing single player games. Things are moving on though so perhaps I better adapt...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Assassin's Creed 4 seems your best bet then, or wait a bit and Watch Dogs.

Fescue, Titanfall might just be the transition then... most of the things you shoot at in the game are actually AI bots. You can have the craic shooting them for the most part. That said, most of the things that will kill you in the game are other players. :)

Just be aware - there is no "single player" campaign. The campaign is a series of multiplayer games where you're teamed with other players in a series of matches with some sort of forgettable story attached. In fact the only reason I can see to play it is to unlock weapons/equipment. Obviously you need to be online any time you want to play it - and can't ever pause the game!

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed 4 seems your best bet then, or wait a bit and Watch Dogs.

Watch dogs looks promising.

Dades wrote: »
    Fescue, Titanfall might just be the transition then... most of the things you shoot at in the game are actually AI bots. You can have the craic shooting them for the most part. That said, most of the things that will kill you in the game are other players. :)

Just be aware - there is no "single player" campaign. The campaign is a series of multiplayer games where you're teamed with other players in a series of matches with some sort of forgettable story attached. In fact the only reason I can see to play it is to unlock weapons/equipment. Obviously you need to be online any time you want to play it - and can't ever pause the game!

Thanks Dades...I guess I will have to wait a bit for more games to be released, I can give Titanfall a go in the mean time. I think I just need to deactivate the panic button on my Xbox controller.

Trials fusion is out today, great series of games,maybe give it a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

anyone get the update yet?

I just logged in - wasn't prompted to do anything?

Got bored today and wanted to practice some replica cars based on real life so picked an obvious one for the Ford Focus RS. If anyone wants to download it I've shared it simply search for Garda in the description.

Get_Photo_1.jpg

Get_Photo_2.jpg

Get_Photo.jpg

Get_Photo_3.jpg

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    Got bored today and wanted to practice some replica cars based on real life so picked an obvious one for the Ford Focus RS. If anyone wants to download it I've shared it simply search for Garda in the description.

That's savage, you weren't long getting to grips with the editor!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement