Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

Yeah, the xbox logo stays up for the whole movie. It's moderately annoying, but not too distracting (unlike the massive RTÉ logos on TV)

I found out in xbox support chat it cant be disabled. There is a topic on the support forum from march, if it annoyed others maybe voting there might help?
    Its on the 4th page. http://xboxvideo.uservoice.com/forums/225596-xbox-video-suggestion-box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

caution wrote: »
    Is there any way of switching this off? I couldn't find any info on this anywhere else. I don't think i will be using it if you cant remove it.

turn on your 360 commence watching:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have a birthday coming up and I'm seriously considering treating myself to a scuf controller.

Does anyone else have one? Or even in 360? Are you happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have a birthday coming up and I'm seriously considering treating myself to a scuf controller.

I think I'm getting one for my birthday from the missus. Would also like to hear any reviews

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

haven't got one but having looked into it a good but unless your looking at pro gaming and find the xb1 triggers not responsive enough.

ive never wanted to remap buttons on a controller to the extent of hooking it up and digital remapping, outside of the games settings.

sensitivity adjustment is a good thing i guess but again i find xb1 controller triggers very sensitive and i cant really see the need for stick extensions either.

bit of a gimmick me thinks as anyone ive usually seen singing scuffs praises usually have a 5-15% off code in their stream and all the pro teams have one to sell but tellingly enough they are banned by the International eSport Federation

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »

bit of a gimmick me thinks as anyone ive usually seen singing scuffs praises usually have a 5-15% off code in their stream and all the pro teams have one to sell but tellingly enough they are banned by the International eSport Federation

yeah, thats why I'm wondering if they're really all they're made out to be, I can see why they offer an advantage in that you can map some of the dpad functions to the paddles so you dont have to take your fingers off the sticks, but in the grand scheme of things, you'd imagine the benefit is negligible.

I actually find the xbox one pad better than the 360, now that I've gotten used to it, it actually fits my hands better, and the response from the sticks and dpad is great.

eh, all in all, im probably just daydreaming on a sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they're pretty nice..I'v a few niggles about the new controller such a the small thumbsticks and the hand grips being slippy
    I see that for the scuf you can get large thumbsticks and grips on the rear of the handgrips..nice :)

frak me they're expensive.
    I picked out the yellow one and customized it with 2 paddles assigned to left/right thumbsticks down,
    also added in the pro grips and changed the led..cost? about €200.
    If I player a lot of FPS etc then definitely I'd go for one as I find the basis one a bit flimsy and not as comfortable as the 360 version for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I have one for my 360. It's a pure white colour and all the buttons are black. Great quality controller and definitely improves your game. I don't know why MS or Sony didn't attempt paddles on the underside of their new controllers. They feel great and are very intuitive to use.

The only problem with my controller is that it is only useful for FPS games. My 360 Scuf had trigger stops and because of this it wasn't suitable for a lot of other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just picked up Dead Rising 3. Is it possible to collect a lot of the achievements once the game is finished? I.e. saving survivors etc. Once the game ends, can I just free roam the city causing mayhem picking up achievements?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just picked up Dead Rising 3. Is it possible to collect a lot of the achievements once the game is finished? I.e. saving survivors etc. Once the game ends, can I just free roam the city causing mayhem picking up achievements?

No you restart with all your stats / power ups / modifiers and collectibles intact. But you can of course do chapter select once finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Update to Youtube app rolling out tomorrow, upload direct from DVR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If they include the option to say "Xbox Record That" without it also automatically recording game clips I would be over the moon with the Game DVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If they include the option to say "Xbox Record That" without it also automatically recording game clips I would be over the moon with the Game DVR.

Fifa is the very reason I have it turned off.
    "Game Clip recorded - Punched it out"
    Who gives a sh1t, the keeper should have caught it, why would I want to watch a replay of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

nicklauski wrote: »
    Who gives a sh1t, the keeper should have caught it, why would I want to watch a replay of that!
    Game Clip recorded: "Scored from a rebound" .... Yeah, but that's the CPU team that scored, and my defender should have chased it in and cleared the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭recyclops

thankfully they only stay there for a week so i take no notice of them and then they are gone ha diving save is the best when the ball is slowly rolling out for a goal kick and the keeper leaps on it

nicklauski wrote: »

I reckon its very much like when achievements first came on the scene, you'd get them for all sorts of nonsense cause the developers were feeling out how to implement them, or else they were impossible to get. As they get a bit better established, you'll probably only see an auto record for really special things.

btw, I thought it was supposed to record a clip every time you unlocked an achievement? I only ask because titanfall doesn't seem to ever record anything automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Is anyone here having Nat issues since last week it keeps switching between strict and open it's getting really annoying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just swapped my FIFA 2014 (plus cash) for Battlefield 4. While I've enjoyed Titanfall the last couple of weeks, it's really lacking depth and accordingly, longevity. Every game plays the same as the last.

I'd missed the epicness of BF4 (my staple on the 360) and how everyone you shoot is real and a component of the opposition team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Dades wrote: »
    Just swapped my FIFA 2014 (plus cash) for Battlefield 4. While I've enjoyed Titanfall the last couple of weeks, it's really lacking depth and accordingly, longevity. Every game plays the same as the last.

I'd missed the epicness of BF4 (my staple on the 360) and how everyone you shoot is real and a component of the opposition team.

How does BF4 play these days? I remember at one stage anyway it was a broken mess on the PS4/XBO...

Myrddin wrote: »
    How does BF4 play these days? I remember at one stage anyway it was a broken mess on the PS4/XBO...
    It was a mess on the 360 anyway - the graphics were worse than BF3 for a start.

Only played Domination for 15 mins last night so haven't had the full 64 player experience yet. Graphics look great, though I expect to encounter the glitches that people complain about still. I did spawn without my gun for about 5 seconds at one point! A few glitches are a small price to pay for the overall XP in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It was a mess on the 360 anyway - the graphics were worse than BF3 for a start.

Only played Domination for 15 mins last night so haven't had the full 64 player experience yet. Graphics look great, though I expect to encounter the glitches that people complain about still. I did spawn without my gun for about 5 seconds at one point! A few glitches are a small price to pay for the overall XP in my book.

Agreed, I was curious as there doesn't seem to be as much guff about the bugs these days, not in this forum anyway :o

I dont know, maybe its just me but I feel that titanfall has levelled out a bit now and you're starting to get more challenging matches than we were at the start. people are definitley starting to find their own tactics and spots for sure.

Keep us updated on BF4. the pontential is great but the sheer inconsistency of it is soul destroying. after 2 matches, im ready to say "xbox, go to titanfall"

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Went back to Battlefield myself after boring of titanfall. There's more variety to keep me interested.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Agreed, I was curious as there doesn't seem to be as much guff about the bugs these days, not in this forum anyway :o

Gamestop will only give you €15 for BF4 on XB1 , just saying :)

Games still horribly broken outside test server.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Forza was good Craic last night.had it since launch and only had my first multiplayer. Race last night.

Titanfall can have a rest, so we can leave the competition get a bit better 😄

I dont know, maybe its just me but I feel that titanfall has levelled out a bit now and you're starting to get more challenging matches than we were at the start. people are definitley starting to find their own tactics and spots for sure.
    It's still great fun. It just seems a bit cartoony compared to BF. And the AIs are starting to annoy me now. The ratio of AI to pilot is too big.
    Keep us updated on BF4. the pontential is great but the sheer inconsistency of it is soul destroying. after 2 matches, im ready to say "xbox, go to titanfall"
    Yep - will wait and see. Also, given I have small kids I need at least one game I can play offline and pause and return to when I don't have a guaranteed 30-40 mins to partake in a battle.

For all the improvements in console hardware the time between turning on the box and spawning in any game is still frustratingly long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Forza was good Craic last night.had it since launch and only had my first multiplayer. Race last night.

Titanfall can have a rest, so we can leave the competition get a bit better 😄

If you lads are having a race night be sure to give me a heads up. Been plugging away and enjoying the single player career but would love some online races.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    If you lads are having a race night be sure to give me a heads up. Been plugging away and enjoying the single player career but would love some online races.

so far we've about 8 or so players for racing tonight, will send you and invite as well man

It's still great fun. It just seems a bit cartoony compared to BF. And the AIs are starting to annoy me now. The ratio of AI to pilot is too big.

Yep - will wait and see. Also, given I have small kids I need at least one game I can play offline and pause and return to when I don't have a guaranteed 30-40 mins to partake in a battle.

For all the improvements in console hardware the time between turning on the box and spawning in any game is still frustratingly long.

Lol, same as that, I have the baby monitor up beside the telly, its like the youngest one (who'd sleep through a hurricane) can hear the sound of buttons being pressed on the controller.

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    so far we've about 8 or so players for racing tonight, will send you and invite as well man

I'd be up for some of that as well, I'm a total n00b at it though - ye can use me as a bumper for cornering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement