Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Didn't think I'd be saying this, but I am loving Ryse so far

• Registered Users Posts: 45,047 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd be saying this, but I am loving Ryse so far

I found it very enjoyable - no depth to it at all, but entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anybody know of any good offers going at the moment for the xbox one?

Edit - Someone did reply but deleted their posts. I did read through the thread btw, the offers in here aren't on anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-01-ps4-gets-sky-go-and-now-tv-from-this-summer

There's info on the timeline for the apps coming to xbox one in that link as well, Its a bit of a pisser though, we get the now tv app this summer (pay to watch) but the sky go app has no definite release date. Personally, i find this very frustrating, Sky charge a ludicrous amount for their packages, The sky app is pretty much the only thing I use my 360 for at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Raoul wrote: »
    Anybody know of any good offers going at the moment for the xbox one?

Edit - Someone did reply but deleted their posts. I did read through the thread btw, the offers in here aren't on anymore.

The best I've seen, at the moment, is Argos. €470 for the console with Titanfall and you can get a free controller or Kinect Sports Rivals. (expires 3rd May)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any1 else having trouble connecting to live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any1 else having trouble connecting to live

Seems to be problems with it alright

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_status

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Received my scuf controller yesterday and love it.
    I ordered the yellow one which was a big mistake because as soon as my 15 month old son saw it he wanted it big time, he wouldn't even take the basic one.:)
    Regarding the scuf+pro grip, get both, gives a fantastic grip in your hand and the controller doesn't budge regardless how sweaty your hands get.
    Bit of a learning curve to using the back switches but after about an hour you get your hand placement perfect.
    Regarding the trigger stops, they really only work with fps games like COD and Battlefield etc.
    For fifa which I mainly play it would only work intermittently so I loosened them for it. Simple 1 min job to tighten them again.
    All in all very happy with it and its well worth the premium over the standard controller. Will throw up pics later on of it and especially the pro grip.
    Also meant to say I went with the scuf medium concave/domed for both thumb sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    I ordered the yellow one which was a big mistake because as soon as my 15 month old son saw it he wanted it big time, he wouldn't even take the basic one.:)
    Regarding the scuf+pro grip, get both, gives a fantastic grip in your hand and the controller doesn't budge regardless how sweaty your hands get.
    Bit of a learning curve to using the back switches but after about an hour you get your hand placement perfect.
    Regarding the trigger stops, they really only work with fps games like COD and Battlefield etc.
    For fifa which I mainly play it would only work intermittently so I loosened them for it. Simple 1 min job to tighten them again.
    All in all very happy with it and its well worth the premium over the standard controller. Will throw up pics later on of it and especially the pro grip.
    Also meant to say I went with the scuf medium concave/domed for both thumb sticks

Sounds food man. Can't wait to order mine.

Fair play lad, what sticks are the same as the standard ones? I'm actually quite happy with them.

• Advertisement

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-one-may-features-preview

More firmware updates on the way, included in this one is improvement to voice recognition for bog savages in the midlands* and the ability to adjust the volume levels for snapped applications independent of the main display.

* may not be possible due to hardware limitations. :D

Fair play lad, what sticks are the same as the standard ones? I'm actually quite happy with them.

You can get the same as the MS ones or the just ones, I found the concave one a little deeper and gave me better control. Right I got the scuf medium domed and it's great,
    They're the same height as the standard ones but you can lower or taller thumbs thumb sticks as well.
    I'm seriously considering getting another one specifically for fifa so I don't have to switch settings etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-one-may-features-preview

More firmware updates on the way, included in this one is improvement to voice recognition for bog savages in the midlands* and the ability to adjust the volume levels for snapped applications independent of the main display.

* may not be possible due to hardware limitations. :D

I have never been able to use the voice commands on my Xbox one. I am from Offaly....

could have sworn I put up the pics of the scuf controller today but don't see the post.

Pic 2 shows the scuf grip and pro grip..well worth getting

edit: found it..posted it in the "is it worth getting an xbox yet?" thread :) dumb@ss :D

could have sworn I put up the pics of the scuf controller today but don't see the post.

Pic 2 shows the scuf grip and pro grip..well worth getting

edit: found it..posted it in the "is it worth getting an xbox yet?" thread :) dumb@ss :D

How much did it set you back after ? And did it take long to get to you ?

That model cost nearly 200 euro.
    By the time I selected the colour, 4 paddles, yellow led, scud+pro grid and the thumbsticks.
    Very fast to get to me..about a week even though the turnaround was 11-20 days at least.
    If you get the standard scuf controller (black) and just add in the pro grip and the concave/domed thumbsticks etc you're talking about 120-130 euros.
    Well worth it in my opinion and I think I'll pick one up for Fifa specifically rather than having to remove the trigger stops for Fifa.
    For COD etc the trigger stops really make a difference since you barely have to touch the triggers.

That model cost nearly 200 euro.
    By the time I selected the colour, 4 paddles, yellow led, scud+pro grid and the thumbsticks.
    Very fast to get to me..about a week even though the turnaround was 11-20 days at least.
    If you get the standard scuf controller (black) and just add in the pro grip and the concave/domed thumbsticks etc you're talking about 120-130 euros.
    Well worth it in my opinion and I think I'll pick one up for Fifa specifically rather than having to remove the trigger stops for Fifa.
    For COD etc the trigger stops really make a difference since you barely have to touch the triggers.
    Yea I'd planned to go for black with either 2 paddles and the mapping or 4 paddles with no mapping. Will go for the grip aswell but stock led and thunbsticks as I have kontrol freaks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I see the noises about MS selling off Xbox are getting slightly louder. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised given the direction Nadella wants to take the company.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I see the noises about MS selling off Xbox are getting slightly louder. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised given the direction Nadella wants to take the company.

links???

i would be genuinely very surprised if they sold it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

miju wrote: »
    links???

I'd also be very surprised if they sold it off
    Considering how well the 360 did/is doing

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea I'd planned to go for black with either 2 paddles and the mapping or 4 paddles with no mapping. Will go for the grip aswell but stock led and thunbsticks as I have kontrol freaks

I find 4 paddles too much as playing fifa I still inadvertently hit the inner paddle when shooting..going to take it off though :)

I find 4 paddles too much as playing fifa I still inadvertently hit the inner paddle when shooting..going to take it off though :)

I mainly play FPS games though so might not be too much of a pain for me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

miju wrote: »
    links???

It's a load of poorly researched bull.

Fox news tweeted that Bill Gates supported any sell off of the Xbox division, the internet took it and ran with it, and then the correction was put up. Embarrassing for all involved, but there does seem to be a fervour regarding any negative Xbox news.

Bill Gates was asked, as part of a series of questions regarding Nadella as CEO, would he support Nadella if Nadella chose to spin off Xbox. As one of Microsofts biggest shareholders, there is no way that Bill could answer that question in the negative without also undermining Nadella as CEO.

All in all, a poor question led to the only answer possible, which poor journalism turned into something that it's not.

Link to a Forbes article on it here.

Actual interview here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xbox: Game On, the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing, will take place Monday, June 9 beginning at 9:30 AM PDT.

That is 16:30 GMT BTW.

I like the name Game On - it appears to re-enforce their focus on games for this year's conference.

Otacon wrote: »
    That is 16:30 GMT BTW.

I like the name Game On - it appears to re-enforce their focus on games for this year's conference.

I really hope they'll have a lot of new games to show, indies are great and all, but for the most part I've very limited interest in them. The flow of news / announcements is painfully slow at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

€200 on a pad? What exactly does it do

RasTa wrote: »

gives me a bj every night once I finish playing with it. ;)

Did you not know it's yellow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

gives me a bj every night once I finish playing with it. ;)

T'was a serious question as it doesn't look to custom bar those things at the back.

What's the point in them?

• Advertisement

T'was a serious question as it doesn't look to custom bar those things at the back.

What's the point in them?

Its completely customised, there are 2 different lenghts of thumbsticks, with different shaped heads, a custom colour, different grips, trigger stops to bring the movement to something similar to a mouse click. Then you have the paddles underneath that you can map whatever you want to - e.g. for call of duty, you'd map jump and crouch to it so that you never have to take your thumbs off the sticks to perform that action, giving you the advantage of being able to jump around corners whilst still maintaining complete control over your aim.

Edit - factor in the cost of a bog standard controller into the price of that and it doesnt seem too out of the way really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement