Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One General Discussion - Part 2 (Please Read 1st Post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Seems to have worked. No problems since. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ive been getting this strange issue sometimes

where i press the on button on the one and it makes its beep noise andthe lights starts flashing. (which i assume is turning on)

it hen go to sit down and a look at my xbox and its not on?
    i then get up and press the power button again and it comes on but like as if its coming from a cold start (i get the green xbox screen)

i have my xbox in instant on mode

anyone else have anything like that?
    should i be onto MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Anyone know of a place in Ireland that does Xbox one repairs? If i have to send another controller back to microsoft im going to strap a bomb to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Anyone know of a place in Ireland that does Xbox one repairs? If i have to send another controller back to microsoft im going to strap a bomb to it

I presume it's still under warranty, did you buy it here in the RoI form a retailer?

Myrddin wrote: »
    I presume it's still under warranty, did you buy it here in the RoI form a retailer?

Got it from gamestop. This is the 4th controller i've to get replaced, talked to an xbox support manager who said i couldn't return it there since its a day one control although she was full of ****

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

You serious man its still ****ed??? Just sent you PM there might be helpful

Got it from gamestop. This is the 4th controller i've to get replaced, talked to an xbox support manager who said i couldn't return it there since its a day one control although she was full of ****

By law, Gamestop are obliged to look after your warranty, regardless of what anyone says. Miju there should be able to help you, he mods the relevant forum :D

Miju there should be able to help you, he mods the relevant forum :D

already have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I returned a day one about two weeks ago to Gamestop, so it was bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi All,

I just swapped a PS$ for an xbox one day one edition with "Xbox One Launch Pack". I liked the PS4 but most of my friends are on Xbox One.

The Xbox One came with one game on disc (Tomb Raider Definitive Edition) and FIFA 14 which was downloaded onto the hard drive.

The issue I'm having and would really appreciate some help with is how do I restore the Xbox One to it's factory settings so I can set it up under my own name without losing the downloaded FIFA 14. At the moment the guy I did the swap with is listed as the main account and I don't want to remove his account without first of all knowing how to preserve the FIFA 14 game on the hard drive. I'm afraid if I remove his account I won't be able to log into the FIFA 14 game afterwards.

Thanks for the help.

Ben

• Advertisement

I could be mistaken, but wouldn't that downloaded copy of FIFA be tied to the sellers account now, & only usable by you if you leave his account on the console?

I could be mistaken, but wouldn't that downloaded copy of FIFA be tied to the sellers account now, & only usable by you if you leave his account on the console?

That's my concern Myrddin and exactly why I'm looking for some expert help on this forum before I go and do something I'll regret!!!

Ben

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I assume you've tried adding your own account to see if you can play it from there?

Dades wrote: »
    I assume you've tried adding your own account to see if you can play it from there?

Just doing that now but I really don't want to have the sellers account on the console in order to keep playing the game as I don't think it would be fair to him or am I wrong???

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    Just doing that now but I really don't want to have the sellers account on the console in order to keep playing the game as I don't think it would be fair to him or am I wrong???

Ben

If it works anything like the Xbox 360, two licenses to use purchased content will have been issued. 1) A licence to the purchasing profile, who can play that software on any console he/she is signed in on. 2) A local license, which allows guest accounts to use the software, only on a console where the purchasing profile is installed. (I think!) So by removing the sellers profile, there won't be a valid licence to play the game...

Basically go into settings and make sure the xb1 is set as a home xbox.

simply delete the guys profile afterwards and your good to go, factory reset will result in you losing fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Phil Spencer has been named as the new head of Xbox. Fair play to him, out of all the talking heads in corporate, he comes across as one of the few that takes the brand very personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I actually go on twitter every now and then to see what a few people are saying, for instance Swery to see if there's anything been said on D4, and also Phil Spencer. He comes across as a cool guy there, so it's great to see this development.

miju wrote: »
    Basically go into settings and make sure the xb1 is set as a home xbox.

simply delete the guys profile afterwards and your good to go, factory reset will result in you losing fifa

Thanks Miju, that seems to have worked a treat.

Ben

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The OneGuide functionality is rolling out to preview testers. Combined with the "universal remote" in the smart glass, it looks good.

Anyone here get it yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Shred

Pretty cool, looks like we'll have our regions set to the UK for the foreseeable future though!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

should i have the region set to UK? i was wondering why xbox never listens to me haha, other than that is there any benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

vlad2009 wrote: »
    should i have the region set to UK? i was wondering why xbox never listens to me haha, other than that is there any benefit?

set it too uk
    you'll be able to use voice commands and have access to the UK apps like channel 4 i think it is

can't really comment on anything else as I normally have mine set too Ire

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone seen anything about an update today?
    It came up on my one but said it failed to download.
    Came up twice and after a reboot didn't see it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Gave my console a factory restore a few days ago. Did a world of good. Way smoother. If you're having issues with random dashboarding or connectivity i would recommend it
    Does a factory restore wipe the hard driver of games and apps?

Does a factory restore wipe the hard driver of games and apps?

Ya everythings gone when you do it. Have to re download everything

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Here's the notes from the patch, it looks pretty good. Microsoft seem to be getting it to the stage that it should have been at when it was first released.
    NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE

Update to help address controller disconnect issues.
    Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.
    Fix for LiveTV audio outputting in stereo instead of surround sound.
    Update for the Blu-ray player to fix an issue where it can freeze if left idle or paused for an extended period of time.
    Update to fix an issue where fast forwarding or rewinding an external video source results in screen freezing when surround sound is enabled.
    Fix for video playback stuttering while audio plays back normally in several apps (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc.)

Features Enabled

Game save progress bar will now display when syncing cloud game saves.
    50Hz Blu-ray player support for content recorded at 50Hz.
    Improved GameDVR video quality.
    Online friends notification, including the ability to filter notifications to all friends, favorites only, or disable friends online notifications altogether.

NEW FEATURE Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.” Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.

NEW FEATURE A new ability to automatically redeem a license code from console messages. For future console messages that include a 5x5 license code, a new option will appear to allow you to automatically redeem the license, versus having to copy and paste the license code.

Known Issues Some preview participants may encounter an issue where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time. The disc will need to be removed and re-inserted for the disc to be ingested. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.

Some preview participants may encounter an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the Blu-ray disc drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.

Also, Plex is coming to the Xbox One as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

Has any one had any issues when renting a movie with xbox video? I rented a movie and the Spanish language version played. I was given a refund but no explanation for this to happen. My region is set to Ireland, dns is unchanged.
    I also found the xbox logo which appears in the upper right on the home screen stayed on while the movie played.
    This normally disappears once an app or game starts, would be very annoying on a entire movie, plus my plasma would not appreciate the white logo for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

caution wrote: »
    Has any one had any issues when renting a movie with xbox video? I rented a movie and the Spanish language version played. I was given a refund but no explanation for this to happen. My region is set to Ireland, dns is unchanged.
    I also found the xbox logo which appears in the upper right on the home screen stayed on while the movie played.
    This normally disappears once an app or game starts, would be very annoying on a entire movie, plus my plasma would not appreciate the white logo for 2 hours.
    Yeah, the xbox logo stays up for the whole movie. It's moderately annoying, but not too distracting (unlike the massive RTÉ logos on TV)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

Yeah, the xbox logo stays up for the whole movie. It's moderately annoying, but not too distracting (unlike the massive RTÉ logos on TV)

Is there any way of switching this off? I couldn't find any info on this anywhere else. I don't think i will be using it if you cant remove it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement