Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thing is the original htc one was such a great phone it was always going to be hard to improve on that and I think this is a decent update over it. Pity about the battery though, next phone il be buying will have at least a 3500 mah battery.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

So what colours are available. What ye going for.

Id say gunmetal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

They took out optical image stabilisation for this. DAFUQ. I've found the m7's camera to be average at best, but the ois allowed for decent video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Available for order on Meteor - ordered and my confirmation email says it should be with me in two days.

how did you order one through meteor? I cant see it on their site?

edit//cancel that - it shows up when you search for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will carriers be selling the dot cases as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Telchak wrote: »

There is no IP certification. So I wouldn't put my trust in a heavily cut video.

A product manager for HP is quoted as saying.
    “It’s a beautiful phone, and I think that’s more important than waterproofing.”

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/htc-one-m8-beautiful-design-more-important-than-waterproofing-says-manufacturer#zqI4AWtty1DtLg2L.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

There is no IP certification. So I wouldn't put my trust in a heavily cut video.

A product manager for HP is quoted as saying.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/htc-one-m8-beautiful-design-more-important-than-waterproofing-says-manufacturer#zqI4AWtty1DtLg2L.99

Il take beautiful design over flappy port covers any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I don't understand why they left in the huge HTC bevel at the bottom despite putting the buttons onscreen. There's a double black band going across the bottom of the screen as opposed to it's predecessor. That's my only gripe with it really.

Would love to get it in the blue color that was leaked a few weeks ago, anyone had any luck in finding if that color is actually being released as an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Caliden wrote: »
    I don't understand why they left in the huge HTC bevel at the bottom despite putting the buttons onscreen. There's a double black band going across the bottom of the screen as opposed to it's predecessor. That's my only gripe with it really.

Would love to get it in the blue color that was leaked a few weeks ago, anyone had any luck in finding if that color is actually being released as an option?

Probably couldn't squeeze the internal hardware into a smaller form factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ah balls. I had the HTC One and upgraded to a Nexus 5 about a month and a half ago. I knew this was coming out and the Nexus 5 really is great but now I want one of these!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I'm still undecided. I really like it but I do like the Z2 as well. Do like the idea of the dot case, but I've never been a fan of flip cases. So if I bought the M8 would I but the case. Its £40 on expansys where I'd purchase the phone...

Pre-ordered the M8 and gray case on expansys.
    The case is 20 e on their site!

http://www.expansys.ie/htc-one-m8-dot-flip-case-grey-hc-m100-retail-blister-258361/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

beno619 wrote: »
    Il take beautiful design over flappy port covers any day.

As you're entitled to. I mentioned that I wouldn't go for it because it wasn't waterproof and the camera was mediocre. Someone pointed out that it has been tested under water and I commented on that.

No one brought up what it looks like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I get why a phone being waterproof is a good thing, but for me it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I've never had a waterproof phone, and I've also never dropped it into water so it's never been a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd love one of those dot cases for my regular One. Chances of them being made?

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd love one of those dot cases for my regular One. Chances of them being made?
    Don't think the HTC M7 would work with that type of case. I'm sure there's a magnet system in place to make it activate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Anyone have any idea if / when O2 will be doing the GPE of this handset? I've a platinum upgrade and I'd rather get a true GPE then screw around with my handset for days and the associated hassle I went through converting my M7 to a GPE.

Do O2 ever carry GPE versions of phones? Sorry if that's a ridiculous question, I've only just moved out of the IOS world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just got a Nexus 5 recently but I want this phone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea if / when O2 will be doing the GPE of this handset? I've a platinum upgrade and I'd rather get a true GPE then screw around with my handset for days and the associated hassle I went through converting my M7 to a GPE.

Do O2 ever carry GPE versions of phones? Sorry if that's a ridiculous question, I've only just moved out of the IOS world :)

Networks typically don't carry GPE editions of phones from Samsung or HTC, you'd have to buy it online.

Also, I must confess I've seen the new One in action a few times since last week, and its just beautiful. I have the HTC One myself and I love it, may not be worth going from the One to the New One, but definitely worth buying if you have any other phone.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Networks typically don't carry GPE editions of phones from Samsung or HTC, you'd have to buy it online.

Good to know, thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Sonics2k wrote: »

Also, I must confess I've seen the new One in action a few times since last week, and its just beautiful. I have the HTC One myself and I love it, may not be worth going from the One to the New One, but definitely worth buying if you have any other phone.

Work for one of the networks ?

beno619 wrote: »
    Work for one of the networks ?

I do indeed, but I have a few friends working for various OEMs and I sometimes get sneak peeks at new phones. The HTC wasn't exactly a well kept secret though.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I think the GPE of this phone is already popping up in the US (on the play store)

Does anyone have any idea what the pricing is for upgrades? I have a platinum upgrade and am interested in a 32GB version.

O2's site doesn't support business accounts pre-ordering (why can't they ever get anything right with that website? Nothing but hassle has been my own experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Does anyone have any idea what the pricing is for upgrades? I have a platinum upgrade and am interested in a 32GB version.

O2's site doesn't support business accounts pre-ordering (why can't they ever get anything right with that website? Nothing but hassle has been my own experience).

I believe there is only a 16GB option.:mad: But at least this time round you can throw in your microSD cards up to 128GB:)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Their business site has not been updated since Dec. Its now a joke.

I don't think they've done full pricing for stores yet, probably won't till early April I'd guess.

Best thing would be to check the price of the HTC One on the same upgrade and work from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Their business site has not been updated since Dec. Its now a joke.

Maybe something to do with the pending Three takeover?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Mr Velo wrote: »

I wouldn't think so. As the rest of their personal site is fine.

• Advertisement

Mr Velo wrote: »

Doubt it, O2 have always had an awful website.

Advertisement