Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I come too

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Block 6 w3d2 27 05

Deadlift 1x1 9 rpe
    144 or 146 I guess
    110 124 132 140 then ??. Um everything is hard anyway YOLO 146 : yeah went up ok
    I guess it was rpe 9.not a fight. Duno

4x2 7 rpe 126 : did 1 rep and had to drop back to 110,nothing left in me today
    3x2 110kg: xxx
    Ded

Tempo bench
    6x2 8 rpe
    54 I think : xxx

Tris & lats: no

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Are you pulling conventional or sumo?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Conventional, always my main one
    I think my sumo is up there as well though

Block 6 w4 d1 1 06

Squat rpe 9
    Under weather so we'll see
    84 94 104 112 120?

120 was fine? Jesus
    124kg; crumpled a bit but okay
    Guess thats a PR
    Reckon there's more. Deload and test maybe.

100kg 4x2
    Actually 90kg bc i misloaded and my leggys are dead anyway xxxx

Bench 64kg single

Took off for walkies then

Well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

141 pages of logging lifting and your still hitting PR's that's dedication , well done .

Thanks, forever working toward the big girl numbers

Theres plenty of men that be happy with them numbers . I know a guy who can't lift 100kg we won't talk about him :D
    Great lifting .

No doubting the depth anyway, Clarence

Yesterday

Block 6 w4d3 swap d2 03 06

Hb squat 84 5x4 xxx
    3 sets is enough

Db fly 3 x 3/fail : 7.5kg x 10, 10
    DB bench or push ups:
    Db bench 17.5kg x 10, 8

Rows :
    bar x 10, 10

I was ded after that.
    Nasty shin splints on walkies today obliged me to take out the foam roller. Say no to foam rollers

• Advertisement

Block 6 w4d4

Tempo RDL @310 4x5
    50kg xxxx
    Ss
    Skulls 3x10 xxx

Bench 3x10 40kg xxx
    Quad leanbacks +10kg x 6, 6, 6

Then bike
    Then my quads fell off

Pre test 10 06

Squat
    100kg 3x1 xxx
    Grand. Keep trying to tweak form

Bench
    54kg x1 x
    50kg 3x1 xxx
    Boring

Deadlift
    102kg 3x1
    Xxx
    Didn't bother w belt or chalk
    Trying to work on setup as ever

Hopefully testing at home tomorrow. No idea what to expect. More than 124 I should hope for the squat. Don't care as much about the others

Coach suggested I could split the lifts into different days. We're so far away from comp season no need to replicate.

Today was a total ****ing disaster for the squats so that's what I'll do for the other two

128.5kg (New 1.25 plates arrived)
    With my forward lean and "might get decapitated" look as bad as it ever has been. Frustrated after all the work I've put into it
    :mad:

Coach suggested I could split the lifts into different days. We're so far away from comp season no need to replicate.

Today was a total ****ing disaster for the squats so that's what I'll do for the other two

128.5kg (New 1.25 plates arrived)
    With my forward lean and "might get decapitated" look as bad as it ever has been. Frustrated after all the work I've put into it
    :mad:

Did you test today?

Yes that was the test

Yes that was the test

Ah gotcha. What was your old 1rm

115 from 2 years ago then 124 2 weeks ago :pac:

115 from 2 years ago then 124 2 weeks ago :pac:

Congrats so :)

Did you make 128.5? Well done if so .
    Welcome to the forward lean club ! At least your leaning forward with a respectable weight on your back :)

Yeah sorry I was annoyed posting so it wasn't very clear. I did make it, depth was just on parallel.
    Failure not an option at home!

I'll have to do more upper back and core work or something

Thanks guys

• Advertisement

Anyday you set a new record is a good day , someone told me this after a race before I was over analysing my performance and he said " you've just gone faster than you ever did before , why be unhappy , it's rarely going to be pretty setting a pb and if your disappointed it means you've loads more to improve , he was right " enjoy your PB it was a Great Day .

Yeah sorry I was annoyed posting so it wasn't very clear. I did make it, depth was just on parallel.

I'll have to do more upper back and core work or something

Thanks guys

I’m only new to it but I’d imagine using a SSB would benefit you

I hear ya

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You know yourself that it was just one squat. The work has still been done and you made it even with making it harder for yourself.

The technique will come through too.

S'all good and well done on the heaviest squat you've ever done.

Yer hips shooting back a bit early is putting levering the weight onto your upper back, hence the potential decapitation. Is anyone else thinking that?

Got a talk and serious perspective from coach who pointed out the breakdown most certainly is not as bad as its ever been as evidenced by an older video he sent on.
    I've just made so much improvements lately that it looks terrible by comparison but for a max form breakdown it's actually OK for me. I looked like i was actually trying to lift the bar with my neck in an older video which was over 20kg lighter. I guess it's like my bench, all good until suddenly its not.
    Time to calm down buck up and keep working!

Deadlift up to 140kg
    Easy nuff
    Fingers crossed for next week. I think coach said if I was testing next week I should be going light today. Sure look

Test day part 2 15 06

Bench 66kg +1kg PR fkin lol
    Bar all over the place
    Untracked 68.5kg and said NOPE

Deadlift
    I completely added the plates wrong (using 25kg plates always throws me off instead of 20kg ones) and thought I was loading for 160 when I loaded for 150
    Devastated

Bar definitely loaded for 150 now
    Didn't do full lockout at top (I don't know why? I think i went "this is hard" and gave up??) but I lifted it so I'm counting it; +5kg

154.5 xf

Disaster of a testing whatever it was but sure look :D
    I'll go again after another couple training cycles and be better

Just rewatched and my foot went up at the top of the 150. What. Single leg deadlifts r us

Post test do whatever have fun time
    17 06

Bit of sumo to 90kg its so weird
    Ohp 36kg, 40kg
    Yay
    30kg 3x3

Also tried some pistol squat progressions
    Fell over on the last one
    The best I did with standing on a plate and holding a dumbbell counterweight was above parallel lollll
    I'll have to get back to the ankle mob

Xtrainer 23min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

40kg OHP dude :eek: Shtrong.

Advertisement