Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebola virus outbreak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

O... kay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭SeanW

It very similar to the AIDS epidemic when it took off but in this case the US authorities have been playing around with this disease in West Africa going back three decades. They are hardly going to pull a "rabbit out of the hat" in the next three months are they?.

Under my dead body will I be taking any of their vaccines.

As I said before I would put more trust in the Junkies riding the red line Luas than I would in US Government. The total mess that they have created in the middle east, the total disregard for human life, supplying terrorists and Israel with weapons, GAZA and all that is a testament to them.
    Ah, yes, I think I see your point now. AIDS something, The U.S. has been "playing around with" Ebola for three decades because they're evil/incompetent or something. You won't be taking an Ebola vaccine ... most likely most of us won't need to so, big whoop-de-doo there.

And of course no modern (leftist especially) conspiracy theory would be complete without a reference to horrible evil Jews "Israel" who are no doubt the puppeteers in some plot to use Ebola to microchip us all or take over the world or something.

Though considering that Israel is less than 75% Jewish - and falling - and it hasn't even managed to secure it's miniscule sliver of land - something like 1/2000th of the middle east or less - if I were some evil Zionist puppeteer, I'd be looking for my money back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭Rotunda Shill

SeanW wrote: »
    Though considering that Israel is less than 75% Jewish - and falling - and it hasn't even managed to secure it's miniscule sliver of land - something like 1/2000th of the middle east or less - if I were some evil Zionist puppeteer, I'd be looking for my money back.

Theoretically Israel is a lot bigger than you think when you take into consideration the massive Zionist lobby in the United States and the amount of US senators with dual Israeli citizenship. A bit like the tail wagging the dog the tail being Israel.

Perhaps this was the reason why the US Government cheerleaded the genocide in GAZA and polished it off by replenishing its stocks of Hell-fire missiles that were used to bomb schools and slaughter over 500 children.

Israel has the fourth largest military force in the world in terms of weapons so they are not exactly the innocent "Holy Land" that they like to make themselves out to be. BTW I understand the difference between Judaism and political Zionism. They are two entirely separate identities. Not all Jews support Israel's aggressive imperialistic global agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Theoretically Israel is a lot bigger than you think when you take into consideration the massive Zionist lobby in the United States and the amount of US senators with dual Israeli citizenship.

Perhaps this was the reason why the US Government cheerleaded the genocide in GAZA and polished it off by sending another batch of Hellfire missiles after the truce was made.

Israel has the fourth largest military force in the world in terms of weapons so they are not exactly the innocent "Holy Land" that they like to make themselves out to be. BTW I understand the difference between Judaism and political Zionism. They are two entirely separate identities. Not all Jews support Israel's aggressive imperialistic global agenda.

What does this have to do with ebola? Isn't there a thread on the conspiracy theory forum for all this?

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    What does this have to do with ebola? Isn't there a thread on the conspiracy theory forum for all this?
    Well the thread I answered to brought up the subject of Israel. :rolleyes:

There is a large percentage of US Corporate pharmaceutical industries with Zionist interests.

And yes I would connect Israel with Ebola somewhat whether with the Vaccine or the disease itself

# After their free for all genocide in GAZA they are well capable of doing anything to humanity - and get away with it.

Well the thread I answered to brought up the subject of Israel. :rolleyes:

There is a large percentage of US Corporate pharmaceutical industries with Zionist interests.

And yes I would connect Israel with Ebola somewhat whether with the Vaccine or the disease itself

# After their free for all genocide in GAZA they are well capable of doing anything to humanity - and get away with it.

You brought up Gaza and Israel originally.

Ok so Israel are responsible for ebola now? It's enough to make you want to Run to Da Hills isn't it ;)

Ok so Israel are responsible for ebola now? It's enough to make you want to Run to Da Hills isn't it ;)

I accept Ebola as a population control bio weapon and more so since Obama's newly appointed Zio Ebola Czar Ron Klain Says "Overpopulation" is a top Concern. (This guy has ZERO Medical qualifications)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRdpi0Ww2-8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Don't worry, some people are so consumed with Israel that they see Israelis under their bed at night, laughable really but entertaining at the same time

Does anyone else think that the Ebola virus itself looks like a long dangling flaccid penis?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Does anyone else think that the Ebola virus itself looks like a long dangling flaccid penis?!

Ah, at last, a true AH comment. This thread is far too serious.

And, no, I don't. Far too thin.

Ah, at last, a true AH comment. This thread is far too serious.

And, no, I don't. Far too thin.

Glad I can help.

They must have been taking the p*ss when they came up with the design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

Which of these pose the greatest threat to humanity?

http://s30.postimg.org/s9i07wwnl/addtext_com_MTM1_MTUz_Mzc5_Mj_U.jpg

They must have been taking the p*ss when they came up with the design.

I know, right?

Ebola: Diseases just got sexy.
    (
    with this music in the background)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,121 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Egginacup wrote: »
    More lies from the NYPost.

Spencer didn't go bowling. He checked his temperature on Oct 23, it was slightly elevated at 100.3. He immediately went into isolation. At no time did he go bowling with a temperature of 103 (falsely reported). But sure screw the facts when you want to frighten the bejaysus out of everyone.

And just look at all those fuckin' eejits scrubbing down that bowling alley.

Shower of alarmist and gullible tits.

I think they scrubbed it down so that general public wouldnt avoid the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bloody liars the lot of them.

They said it had been contained.

The contagion is spreading

The conspiracy theories are spreading like a virus from the CT forums!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Rotunda Shill won't be joining us again, so you don't have to bother replying to their drivel.

A doctor working with MSF has spoken out about the severity of the epidemic in Sierra Leone.
    Barcelona (AFP) - Ebola has wiped out whole villages in Sierra Leone and may have caused many more deaths than the nearly 5,000 official global toll, a senior coordinator of the medical aid group MSF said Friday.

Rony Zachariah of Doctors Without Borders, known by its French initials MSF, said after visiting Sierra Leone that the Ebola figures were "under-reported", in an interview with AFP on the sidelines of a medical conference in Barcelona.

"The situation is catastrophic. There are several villages and communities that have been basically wiped out. In one of the villages I went to, there were 40 inhabitants and 39 died," he said.

The World Health Organization (WHO) published revised figures on Friday showing 4,951 people have died of Ebola and there was a total of 13,567 reported cases.

"The WHO says there is a correction factor of 2.5, so maybe it is 2.5 times higher and maybe that is not far from the truth. It could be 10,000, 15,000 or 20,000," said Zachariah.

He stressed that "whole communities have disappeared but many of them are not in the statistics. The situation on the ground is actually much worse."

He added that in some places the local healthcare systems were overwhelmed.

"You have one nurse for 10,000 people and then you lose 10, 11, 12 nurses. How is the health system going to work?"

After isolated cases in Europe, "we might get a vaccine and a treatment... but even now we need to go much faster because the clock is ticking," he said. "We want action now."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ebola Cola wrote: »
    I really can't see this becoming an epidemic.

Said the rat to the flea ...

I think you will find that it is already an "epidemic"

Online dictionary definition
    Epidemic

a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time.

...As of October 29th, 13,567 cases and 4,951 deaths had been reported worldwide, the vast majority of them in these same three countries.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2014/10/ebola-graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ebola Cola wrote: »
    It's not an epidemic then as it isn't widespread.

I think you may be thinking of a "Pandemic"

Online dictionary

Pandemic
    (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

From the CDC ...
    The 2014 Ebola epidemic is the largest in history, affecting multiple countries in West Africa.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/index.html?mobile=nocontent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

At this stage really don't see what all the fuss is with this disease. Especially all the hype and sensationalist tabloid journalism that seems to be aimed at creating panic and fueling the CT nuts.

Although Ebola is without a doubt devastating and a horrible and frightening disease, but it doesn't come near to making it into even the top 100 killers.

Agree with the quote in CEADAOIN's post that the death toll is probably much higher than being reported. But absolute worst case it has not yet killed even half the number that malaria kills in Africa every week (about 3000 every day, mostly kids).

Not to mention the many 1000's of other deaths every week in Africa from treatable diseases. Unfortunately reality is, its Africa, few really care, least of all their own administrations/governments.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

has another person been brought back to one of the european coutries to be treated for the disease, or did i get the news wrong

goat2 wrote: »
    has another person been brought back to one of the european coutries to be treated for the disease, or did i get the news wrong

Yes, a person has been brought back to France from Sierra Leone.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/02/ebola-united-nations-worker-france

323 wrote: »
    At this stage really don't see what all the fuss is with this disease. Especially all the hype and sensationalist tabloid journalism that seems to be aimed at creating panic and fueling the CT nuts.

Although Ebola is without a doubt devastating and a horrible and frightening disease, but it doesn't come near to making it into even the top 100 killers.

Agree with the quote in CEADAOIN's post that the death toll is probably much higher than being reported. But absolute worst case it has not yet killed even half the number that malaria kills in Africa every week (about 3000 every day, mostly kids).

Not to mention the many 1000's of other deaths every week in Africa from treatable diseases. Unfortunately reality is, its Africa, few really care, least of all their own administrations/governments.

Exponential growth is what makes it such a threat in West Africa. The number of cases are doubling every 3 to 4 weeks. At that rate it won't take long to catch up to malaria, which is at least treatable with a lower death rate.

It was predicted that worse case scenario would see 20,000 cases by now. With the official number of 13,000 assumed to be underestimated by 2.5 then this would appear to be correct, if not a little lower than reality. If it becomes endemic then it will kill a lot of people every year in West Africa as well as potentially sparking individual cases and potentially outbreaks in the rest of the world. If it spread to parts of India for example, and wasnt contained, then it could be a disaster.

Here is what 2 experts say about what might happen if it becomes endemic
    If none of those happen, they predict, this is what will happen instead. Ebola will become endemic: a permanent health risk, waxing and waning unpredictably, in an area without the health care personnel to control it or the surveillance to track it. They envision:

dozens of sparks landing in the U.S. and other developed countries, not just from West Africa but from all over the world
    healthcare workers won’t come to work
    cancer patients and HIV-infected persons and children with asthma can’t get their medicines because 40 percent of generic drugs in the U.S. come from India, where production and shipping have halted
    refugees, under pressure from civil unrest, insurrection, famine, and economic collapse, [pour] across every border – some sick, some healthy, some incubating?
    It is not guaranteed, they say, that a successful vaccine against Ebola can be “developed, produced, and distributed” in time, and in large enough amounts, to throw a fence of containment around the disease.

If not, they warn, it is possible that the rest of the world’s reaction could trigger the next global financial crisis.

It really is imperative that it is brought under control in West Africa. There have been some reports that the infection rate might be slowing in Liberia which would be good news.

If anything, the 'fear mongering' in the media is avoiding mentioning just how dire the situation is there and decides to focus on the perceived threat to the US and other developed countries. As usual, people don't really care unless something affects them directly.

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/ebola-endemic/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

This thread has become real quiet the past week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

This thread has become real quiet the past week or so.

Everyone is hiding under their bed in case the Ebola monster gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I think I'd rather have Ebola than endure some of the painful threads this last week on AH.

• Advertisement

Everyone is hiding under their bed in case the Ebola monster gets them.

EBOLA

Coming to a town near you soon !!!!!
    http://news.sky.com/story/1369993/patient-tested-for-ebola-in-northern-ireland

Or maybe not!

Advertisement