Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebola virus outbreak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The WHO have reported that the official number of cases in west Africa is up to 13,703 now.

The Who are doing press conferences for Ebola now, looking forward to their gig in 26th November at the O2. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The Who are doing press conferences for Ebola now, looking forward to their gig in 26th November at the O2. :pac:

I'm sure Bono and Sir Bob will have to get a word in as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Sorry if off thread.
    Was disappointed would not be able to make that concert, as even with all the fuss about Ebola I'm traveling to Africa today and will not be home until a couple of days after the concert dates.
    Heard on the radio yesterday the WHO concerts, Dublin & Belfast have been rescheduled to next summer, might make it next year.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

So when do we think this ebola stuff will be under control?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Looks like the quantantine issue is not over yet.

http://m.rte.ie/news/2014/1030/655744-ebola/

What is of interest at the moment is the different treatment of military and non military personnel working in ebola effected areas. The US also appears to be using bases in other countries eg Italy for their quarantine purposes.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6054708

http://fox6now.com/2014/10/29/approved-21-day-quarantine-for-all-military-personnel-serving-in-ebola-stricken-areas-of-west-africa/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

So CDC's "admits" something but the article doesn't even have a direct source or comment from them. Porkies!

Let's contrast things for a moment. If this was a polio outbreak. Everyone in Thomas Duncan's family would have contracted the virus. Same too for the other affected ebola patients in the US. That is an clear example of now crappy ebola is at infecting people. That doesn't mean ebola won't infect people.

The scaremongering in the US media is pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭Rotunda Shill

Sclosages wrote: »

Ebola goes airborne IN COLD WEATHER – and the US Government has known this fact since 1995...

QUOTE:

After successfully exposing monkeys to airborne Ebola, which “caused a rapidly fatal disease in 4-5 days,” scientists with the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) concluded Ebola can spread through air but likely hasn’t in Equatorial Africa because the region is too warm, with temperatures rarely dropping below 65°F.

“We… demonstrated aerosol transmission of Ebola virus at lower temperature and humidity than that normally present in sub-Saharan Africa,” the 1995 study entitled Lethal Experimental Infections of Rhesus Monkeys by Aerosolized Ebola Virus reported. “Ebola virus sensitivity to the high temperatures and humidity in the thatched, mud, and wattle huts shared by infected family members in southern Sudan and northern Zaire may have been a factor limiting aerosol transmission of Ebola virus in the African epidemics.”

“Both elevated temperature and relative humidity have been shown to reduce the aerosol stability of viruses.”

http://www.mdpi.com/1999-4915/4/10/2115/pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Turtwig wrote: »
    So CDC's "admits" something but the article doesn't even have a direct source or comment from them. Porkies!

Let's contrast things for a moment. If this was a polio outbreak. Everyone in Thomas Duncan's family would have contracted the virus. Same too for the other affected ebola patients in the US. That is an clear example of now crappy ebola is at infecting people. That doesn't mean ebola won't infect people.

The scaremongering in the US media is pathetic.

I posted a link the other day to a new CDC leaflet detailing that ebola is spread through droplets, including sneezes. That document has now been taken down from their website for 'updating' apparently

Not sure if this has been posted.

This is frightening information taken directly from the US Governments very own guidelines. Ebola is a BSL-4 Virus.

Go to this link and click on TAB 10 to read the description of what a biohazard saftey level 4 lab is defined as. Link to CDC website: -

http://www.cdc.gov/training/quicklearns/biosafety/

Or just read this:

"BSL-4 builds upon the containment requirements of BSL-3 and is the highest level of biological safety. There are a small number of BSL-4 labs in the United States and around the world. The microbes in a BSL-4 lab are dangerous and exotic, posing a high risk of aerosol-transmitted infections. Infections caused by these microbes are frequently fatal and without treatment or vaccines. Two examples of microbes worked with in a BSL-4 laboratory include Ebola and Marburg viruses."

Two take away points:
    1 - aerosol-transmitted infections
    2 - Ebola and Marburg viruses.

There are only 4 BSC -4 labs in the United States that sre capable of managing Ebola it is that dangerous, I have circled them in red, compared to the amount of other labs. Total number of BSC -4 labs in the United States

So Ebola is spread through cold air. The CDC talking heads and all mainstream newscasters are not disclosing the truth.

US President: "Ebola is not spread through the air like the flu".
    US President: "You cannot get it from casual contact like sitting next to someone on a bus"

I would put more trust in the junkies that ride the red line Luas than I would put in the US Government its puppet Mainstream media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Not sure if this has been posted.

This is frightening information taken directly from the US Governments very own guidelines. Ebola is a BSL-4 Virus.

Go to this link and click on TAB 10 to read the description of what a biohazard saftey level 4 lab is defined as. Link to CDC website: -

http://www.cdc.gov/training/quicklearns/biosafety/

Or just read this:

"BSL-4 builds upon the containment requirements of BSL-3 and is the highest level of biological safety. There are a small number of BSL-4 labs in the United States and around the world. The microbes in a BSL-4 lab are dangerous and exotic, posing a high risk of aerosol-transmitted infections. Infections caused by these microbes are frequently fatal and without treatment or vaccines. Two examples of microbes worked with in a BSL-4 laboratory include Ebola and Marburg viruses."

Two take away points:
    1 - aerosol-transmitted infections
    2 - Ebola and Marburg viruses.

There are only 4 BSC -4 labs in the United States that sre capable of managing Ebola it is that dangerous, I have circled them in red, compared to the amount of other labs. Total number of BSC -4 labs in the United States

So Ebola is spread through cold air. The CDC talking heads and all mainstream newscasters are not disclosing the truth.

US President: "Ebola is not spread through the air like the flu".
    US President: "You cannot get it from casual contact like sitting next to someone on a bus"

I would put more trust in the junkies that ride the red line Luas than I would put in the US Government its puppet Mainstream media.

Feck off back to the conspiracy theory forum please.

If the CDC knew that ebola was 'airborn' they would come out and say it. They wouldn't bury that information but leave clues in obscure sections of obscure reports for feck sake.

Conspiracy theorists know what the picture they want is before they start 'joining the dots', and you can always find anomalies that you can 'question' if you look hard enough and are prepared to stretch the meaning of phrases and words far enough.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Feck off back to the conspiracy theory forum please.

If the CDC knew that ebola was 'airborn' they would come out and say it. They wouldn't bury that information but leave clues in obscure sections of obscure reports for feck sake.

Conspiracy theorists know what the picture they want is before they start 'joining the dots', and you can always find anomalies that you can 'question' if you look hard enough and are prepared to stretch the meaning of phrases and words far enough.

There is no conspiracy in this just blatant dirty lies and disinformation from the US Government. What have you got to say about Obama's speech? The CDC have already admitted that it can be airborne which contradicts earlier official guidelines.

In other news: The plot thickens.

Anti-quarantine nurse Hickox was trained as an intelligence officer by the CDC and her defense lawyer is known to the Whitehouse.

There was always something very odd about this woman from the beginning. She was interviewed by a MSM press team at her house yesterday, a press microphone held right up to her face. If this was reality Press would have kept a mile away from her. No doubt she is 100% free of Ebola and is professionally trained but acting like a spoiled child to add a new "twist" for this whole Ebola saga.

Apparently her social media site was recently doctored to hide her true identity and her LinkedIn URL scrubbed.

This is all a part of another US Government Psych Opps to condition the public into the demand for the acceptance of mandatory quarantine / FEMA / Isolation / death camps.

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/2014/10/quarantined-nurse-kaci-hickox-misled-public-works-cdc-attorney-white-house-visitor-tied-al-Sharpton/

http://www.uta.edu/utamagazine/archive-issues/2010-13/2012/07/passion-practicality-drive-nursing-graduate/

There is no conspiracy in this just blatant dirty lies and disinformation from the US Government. What have you got to say about Obama's speech?

In other news: The plot thickens.

Anti-quarantine nurse Hickox was trained as an intelligence officer by the CDC and her defense lawyer is known to the Whitehouse.

There was something suspicious of this woman from the beginning. She was interviewed by a MSM press team at her house yesterday, microphone held right up to her face. If this was reality Press would have kept away from her. No doubt she is 100% free of Ebola and is professionally trained but acting like a spoiled child to add a new "twist" for the MSM in this whole Ebola saga.

Apparently her social media site was recently doctored to hide her true identity and her LinkedIn URL scrubbed.

This is all a part of another US Government Psych Opps to condition the public into the demand for the acceptance of mandatory quarantine / FEMA / Isolation / death camps.

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/2014/10/quarantined-nurse-kaci-hickox-misled-public-works-cdc-attorney-white-house-visitor-tied-al-Sharpton/

http://www.uta.edu/utamagazine/archive-issues/2010-13/2012/07/passion-practicality-drive-nursing-graduate/
    'there's no conspiracy here' followed by a whole load of CT BS

FEMA Death camps??? Again, please feck off back to the CT forums where you can re-inforce each other's mental beliefs without bothering the rest of us

'there's no conspiracy here' followed by a whole load of CT BS

FEMA Death camps??? Again, please feck off back to the CT forums where you can re-inforce each other's mental beliefs without bothering the rest of us
    Its no longer conspiracy and has been well documented by several posters.

So you believe and trust every thing the US Government tells you?

The same Government that has spent the last five years arming Jihad terrorists to the teeth right across the middle east ?

The same Government that then creates the police state at home to protect the country from the very terrorists that they have created?

The same Government that has been blatantly sloppy at allowing Ebola to take off across the united states with haphazard protocols, allowing every Tom Dick and Harry to return from contaminated hot spots.

Its no longer conspiracy and has been well documented by several posters.

So you believe and trust every thing the US Government tells you?

The same Government that has spent the last five years arming Jihad terrorists to the teeth right across the middle east ?

The same Government that then creates the police state at home to protect the country from the very terrorists that they have created?

The same Government that has been blatantly sloppy at allowing Ebola to take off across the united states with haphazard protocols, allowing every Tom Dick and Harry to return from contaminated hot spots.

CT forum ==> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

This thread really transformed from pure hype and panic into considered and informational discussion but I see it seems to have gone off the rails again.

This thread really transformed from pure hype and panic into considered and informational discussion but I see it seems to have gone off the rails again.

It has its fair share of trolls and shills that are only interested in railroading the topic rather than discussing it.

Anything that is not officially mentioned by the US Government itself or that is not published in the mainstream media is considered a conspiracy.

No, anyone who thinks that the centers for disease control are involved in a plot to set up death camps is a CT nutter. The CDC are staffed by well meaning people who are focused entirely on preventing the spread of contageous disease.

There is no (non nutter) reason why the CDC would bury information about the transmission methods of Ebola. If Ebola actually was airborn, and the CDC was covering this up, (lets pretend that this is even possible) it would be one way to guarantee that the current crisis becomes a global pandemic, and only conspiracy theory saddos think that there is an agenda to infect the planet with this disease.

Get a life please or stick to the CT forum which is the designated boards.ie isolation/death camp for your nonsense ideas.

Also, I've reported your post for that link which is blatantly anti-semitic

No, anyone who thinks that the centers for disease control are involved in a plot to set up death camps is a CT nutter. The CDC are staffed by well meaning people who are focused entirely on preventing the spread of contageous disease.
    You omitted the word Indirectly

FOX NEWS: “I think they should set up special centers for just Ebola in each state,” Dash said. “They shouldn’t be letting people go into regular hospitals, where it could be spread.”

http://youtu.be/gOXZMwdQSWI

Where would a person most likely pick up an infectious disease?

These infectious disease quarantine camps will eventually be cesspits for contacting Ebola.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

You omitted the word Indirectly

FOX NEWS: “I think they should set up special centers for just Ebola in each state,” Dash said. “They shouldn’t be letting people go into regular hospitals, where it could be spread.”

These infectious disease quarantine camps will eventually be cesspits for contacting Ebola.

Yes. We should all start eating colloidal silver and smearing ourselves with essential oils to treat ebola. Ffs do you really believe this sh1t?

And Fox News is only marginally better (along with the recently oft quoted NY Post which is the US equivalent of the Daily Mail)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Despite all the best efforts of the world’s nations, nothing has been able to halt the spread of Ebola, and the monopolistic practices of the pharmaceutical industry are making sure no one has access to natural cures that might prove to be lifesaving remedies: colloidal silver, Chinese medicine herbs, essential oils, herbal extracts and nutrient therapies.

Pure, unadulterated bullshìt

Yes. We should all start eating colloidal silver and smearing ourselves with essential oils to treat ebola. Ffs do you really believe this sh1t?

And Fox News is only marginally better (along with the recently oft quoted NY Post which is the US equivalent of the Daily Mail)
    Unfortunately American society buy into the likes of FOX, CNN and all these other garbage mainstream media channels. Even the New York Times once a dignified broadsheet has now become material only good for wiping your arse.

I would agree with you on preparation to build up your immune system.

You won't get see mainstream media advising people to start living healthy, avoiding junk food, drink and other toxic chemicals that destroy your immune system.

The 'mainstream media' are constantly telling us that good diet and exercise are beneficial to us. Just because people choose to eat 3000 calorie meals at mcdonalds doesn't make it a conspiracy. Btw I think the irony in my last post may have been lost on you. I'll put my faith on mainstream medicine over quack 'cures'.

The 'mainstream media' are constantly telling us that good diet and exercise are beneficial to us. Just because people choose to eat 3000 calorie meals at mcdonalds doesn't make it a conspiracy. Btw I think the irony in my last post may have been lost on you. I'll put my faith on mainstream medicine over quack 'cures'.

Until you get cancer and discover that the average lifespan from someone on chemotherapy is 15 years.

I would prefer to take my Nigalla Satvia and be done with it all cleared out of my system in a matter of months.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/black-seed-oil-cures-many-cancers-according-to-numerous-studies/

Until you get cancer and discover that the average lifespan from someone on chemotherapy is 15 years.

I would prefer to take my Nigalla Satvia and be done with it all cleared out of my system in a matter of months.

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/black-seed-oil-cures-many-cancers-according-to-numerous-studies/

Good for you.

I think that just about sums it up. Any further comment on the topic would clearly be a waste of my time and yours.

Good for you.

I think that just about sums it up. Any further comment on the topic would clearly be a waste of my time and yours.

I am sure big pharma are working overtime "inventing" the vaccine for Ebola.

I see the drug cartels are seeking to indemnify against any liability.

They must be worried that the vaccine itself could be more deadly than the disease.

# Trojan Horse - Chip Implants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jesus christ hahaha! Take it to the CT forum, or a therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭SeanW

They must be worried that the vaccine itself could be more deadly than the disease.

Conspiracy Theories is thataway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah they probably are worried about that. It would be a rather worrying outcome, don't you think?

They can't win. If they follow established procedure for drug trials and take 10 years they'll get "America are sitting on a vaccine while Africans die! You can bet there'd be a vaccine if their citizens were dying!"

If they rush it through trials and it has damaging side effects they'll get "They used Africans as test subjects! This would never have been used on American citizens!" or worse "This is a plot to kill off the Africans and give everyone autism!"

There's really nothing odd about being asked to rush a new drug through trials and responding with "Sure, if you want. But if it goes tits up that's not on us".

You'd need to be able to think rationally to agree with that though, I suppose.

• Advertisement

Yeah they probably are worried about that. It would be a rather worrying outcome, don't you think?

They can't win. If they follow established procedure for drug trials and take 10 years they'll get "America are sitting on a vaccine while Africans die! You can bet there'd be a vaccine if their citizens were dying!"

If they rush it through trials and it has damaging side effects they'll get "They used Africans as test subjects! This would never have been used on American citizens!" or worse "This is a plot to kill off the Africans and give everyone autism!"

There's really nothing odd about being asked to rush a new drug through trials and responding with "Sure, if you want. But if it goes tits up that's not on us".

You'd need to be able to think rationally to agree with that though, I suppose.
    It very similar to the AIDS epidemic when it took off but in this case the US authorities have been playing around with this disease in West Africa going back three decades. They are hardly going to pull a "rabbit out of the hat" in the next three months are they?.

Under my dead body will I be taking any of their vaccines.

As I said before I would put more trust in the Junkies riding the red line Luas than I would in US Government. The total mess that they have created in the middle east, the total disregard for human life, supplying terrorists and Israel with weapons, GAZA and all that is a testament to them.

Advertisement