Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Jenniflower87

Lol having wedding terrors too! In the dream, saying the girls don't have anything to wear and we have no rings lol! Then waking up in a sweat! The stresses that come with it! And then you wouldn't change it for the world! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Also having wedding nightmares. Usually I'm late and realise I have no dress. They are the worst!

Got engaged last August, getting married April 2015 and have ceremony venue, celebrant, reception venue, photographer, videographer and band sorted. Going to look at bridesmaid dresses tomorrow but only cos I happened to see nice ones on sale!

Don't think I want a cake and no idea what to do with flowers or hair and make up. Or my dress.... So lots to do!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Six weeks into the engagement and I'm already mentally crossing my mum off the guestlist... :pac:

Does anyone else find they can't turn off wedding thoughts? I feel like I'm thinking about it nonstop! I'd love to put it all to the back of my mind, but because we're emigrating in August/September, we need to get nearly everything organised now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Is mum not being to helpful then? I defo have wedding brian as I like to call him. Me thinks it has a lot to do with the fact im bored already and this is as such something to plan.. So im concentrating just on this. On that note if anyone needs any help that is not costing anything, please ask I have two days a week free, works isn't exactly mind boggling stuff so I am extremely bored with things lately, if I can be of use to anyone let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bubbles1987

Hey 2015 brides,

Got engaged in December and getting married on the 12th Sept 15. So far I have the church and hotel booked, im super excited as now that I have my date, I can book everything. A really good band is the next thing on the list I would like to book.... but looking up bands are stressing me already?? Can anyone recommend a really good lively band/dj for the night.
    Thanks xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 AMGC

Hey 2015 brides,

Got engaged in December and getting married on the 12th Sept 15. So far I have the church and hotel booked, im super excited as now that I have my date, I can book everything. A really good band is the next thing on the list I would like to book.... but looking up bands are stressing me already?? Can anyone recommend a really good lively band/dj for the night.
    Thanks xx

We have booked the Ratzingers they are exactly what we were looking for and are brilliant live, they really get the crowd going, but all depends what you're looking for!?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

I'm a 2015 bride too!! June 25th 2015. And I'm soooooooo excited. It seems like ages away though. We've been engaged since December and have venue, humanist celebrant, band, drinks reception and ceromony music and photographer sorted. There's not much else apart from the 'making yourself look pretty' stuff is there really? Considering doing the flowers myself and plan to do loads if DIY, mostly to make the wedding my own and to keep me occupied between now and then. It's really hard to do anything 'different' while making sure everyone is happy enough isn't it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I just bought my Bridesmaids dresses.. chuffed to bits with myself..

I had planned on buying them from China because I couldn't find anything that I liked here... everything I saw seemed to have sequins or some detailing that I didn't like.. but today I spotted my ideal dresses in Pamela Scott..

So that's that done.. I'm sure I will need to have at least one of them taken up a little bit as they are floor length but I don't mind that.. plenty of time :D

Yay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bubbles1987

AMGC wrote: »
    We have booked the Ratzingers they are exactly what we were looking for and are brilliant live, they really get the crowd going, but all depends what you're looking for!?

Thanks for that, im after booking the Elastic band, there based in Galway,there really good and also I heard alot of great reviews about them. delighted now because its another thing of the list. This wedding planning is great fun. Cant wait to go shopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

Would you mind me asking how much they quoted you? I'm SO lost when it comes to booking a band!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This wedding planning is great fun
    You're on your own with that one :pac:

Still trying to sort out a weekend to go back to Ireland to look at venues. Just never seems to be a good time...

We looked at the Ratzingers but they're not available on our date :(.

We've booked the venue and the 'church', now we just have to confirm our celebrant and that's the hardest bit out of the way. We've photographers picked, but no deposit paid, and we haven't been able to get to any band showcases yet.

mslady wrote: »
    Would you mind me asking how much they quoted you? I'm SO lost when it comes to booking a band!!

Well we went for the 6 piece band and dj as well as a jazz duo for the drinks reception nd it is €2800 but there are a few options around how many ppl/instruments ya want etc most band now generally quote for band and dj as a package, wen we were pricing bands they wer ranging between €1500-3750 so ya could more or less pay anything ya want jus depends what you're looking for!

Thanks a million AMGC - now all I have to do is figure out what I'm looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

Getting married June 25th 2015 :). Have venue, which is civil ceremony so we won't be assigned our celebrant until May, DJ, cake, photographer, so I'm feeling quite on top of everything! I know what style dress I want, but it's just affording it, that's gonna be fun :P

Phew that is a lot done!! congrats again to all the newly engaged.

I was pondering with the civil servant. we are the same and I thought gave us an appointment very fast, reading through the details then if said to pick your civil servant but sure you don't know anything about then I just thought they would assign you one.. Which I take is the case! I hope they are all nice..

Went in to see a few dresses in Holland recently just to look not try god they are huge, so much material they must weigh a ton

Faith wrote: »
    We looked at the Ratzingers but they're not available on our date :(.

We've booked the venue and the 'church', now we just have to confirm our celebrant and that's the hardest bit out of the way. We've photographers picked, but no deposit paid, and we haven't been able to get to any band showcases yet.

What date are you faith maybe we're the same!?

What venue did ya end up going with? We found booking the band quite hard there's so many out there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Got my dress yesterday :D

It was surreal trying them on and so much fun. It was a good thing I had an idea of what I wanted before I went as there are so many styles to choose from.

I knew I wanted something tea length but I tried on a few floor lengths for fun. Picked out this one with a big slit up the front, obviously made for someone with super long legs because the slit came up to my fanny :pac:
    Had a great laugh over that one with the gang I brought with me!

The last one I tried was the one I picked, it's so funny, you really know straight away when it's 'The One'. The reaction from my family sealed the deal.
    Have to go on the hunt for gorgeous shoes and a nice headpiece now :)

Wow!! Well done to you... Do you have to get anything done with the dress or does it fit perfectly.. I called into one shop in Holland recently and was really taken back by all different styles.. Just looking no trying but cant wait..

haha maybe that dress would be could for the honeymoon!! I can imagine..Do they shops mind you bringing in a few people with you then?

I went to a sample sale in The White Room but the dress I picked didn't fit me so I ordered one in my size!

I went to 2 shops and brought 4 people with me, both places didn't have a problem with that, plenty of room for everybody!

I was a bit scared that I found the right one so quickly I was worried that I should have gone to other places. But my mum said that if you're in love with a dress then go for it! You'll just make your mind boggle by going to loads of places.

Have you started looking for your dress yet?

• Advertisement

What date are you faith maybe we're the same!?

What venue did ya end up going with? We found booking the band quite hard there's so many out there!!!

I'm 08/08/15 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Hi everyone! :)

I've just gotten engaged a few weeks back! And we will be having our wedding next year. Uber excited. He proposed recently and on Friday we went to look at rings. I really wasn't planning on picking one, just having a look but the third jewellers I went into, I just fell in love. It's SOOO unusual!

It's off getting resized and I'll have it within a week or two! None of our families know yet, we are keeping it to ourselves til I can show them a ring and be like "ta-daaaah!!!" :D:D

So... I have like a year and I was reading on the internet that you should order your dress like 8 months in advance! Did you guys do that? I haven't a notion!

PS: I'm so excited and I can't tell anyone yet so I will be posting here in the interim about how excited I am! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tbeans

Hello!

I'm August 2015 and so far - Church, Venue, Photographer, Band, DJ and Church Music....

I'm not sure what to do next? Should I wait until 12 months before to kick off the next big of organising?

Ahh just booked my first dress appointment in Mullingar for early may so exited and nervous! anybody have any tips?

Ahh just booked my first dress appointment in Mullingar for early may so exited and nervous! anybody have any tips?

Are you going to the White Room?
    If so you'll be delighted, the staff are so nice and the dressing areas are lovely.

Best tip I can give you is to have a few styles in mind so you can tell them when you get there and they can help you pick out a few to try!

Oh and wear a strapless bra so if you try on strapless dresses you can get full effect!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Best thing to do is wear a multiway bra.. so you can switch the straps around to suit the styles ;)

Are you going to the White Room?
    If so you'll be delighted, the staff are so nice and the dressing areas are lovely.

Best tip I can give you is to have a few styles in mind so you can tell them when you get there and they can help you pick out a few to try!

Oh and wear a strapless bra so if you try on strapless dresses you can get full effect!

I am :-). That's great to know!

The reason I'm going to them is that I had a very particular dress in mind, which the don't stock, but have so many similar ones I can't wait to try on! Do you know what their prices range from (the lady gave me a general idea for two collections!) and also what their deposit policy is?

I'm far too busty for a strapless dress :-(

I was at their sample sale so prices were a bit cheaper but from looking at the before prices I saw some for €1000, €1200, €2500 and up. Depends on the style and how elaborate the dress is.

From what they told me, you can pay a €100 deposit but in order for them to order the dress from the supplier you need to pay 50%

I was at their sample sale so prices were a bit cheaper but from looking at the before prices I saw some for €1000, €1200, €2500 and up. Depends on the style and how elaborate the dress is.

From what they told me, you can pay a €100 deposit but in order for them to order the dress from the supplier you need to pay 50%

Yeah they were around the prices she quoted me, they're right at the top of my budget (around 1,300). My budget was originally a lot smaller but his family have offered to help :-). Thats actually quite good for deposits.

A lovely girl from smart brides has just come back to me too, their prices seem a little more my budget, they have availability on the morning of the 3rd at 11am (my other appointment is at 3:15), would the two appointments be doable in the one day (smart brides is in portlaoise) or would it be best to take the appointment on the 17th at 2pm.

• Advertisement

I have a full day (10am - 6pm!!) of dress appts booked in town (Dublin) this Saturday....can't decide if I'm nervous or excited! I'd say I'll be collapsing in a heap by the end of it!

Advertisement