Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone - HaiPai A9592 5" Octa Core/Dual Sim/1GB/8GB storage - €12.21 [Aliexpress]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Just got a message from the seller asking me to cancel the order because it's a misprice. The price is still the same on the website though.

Wonder what happens if we refuse to cancel?

I assume they are doing it this way to avoid negative feedback for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

My order has disappeared from the site.

I'll have to keep an eye on the credit card to see if I still get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

What happens if we don't do as requested

could you please do us a favor?please cancel the order,and the reason write like this"you choose the wrong product" Or"put this product in the wrong shopping cart "please write these reason for us,otherwise our store will be closed by Aliexpress.

Can we mention to Aliexpress in the comment field that the seller made the mistake and not the buyer

Will we still get our money back?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

D1976 wrote: »
    What happens if we don't do as requested

could you please do us a favor?please cancel the order,and the reason write like this"you choose the wrong product" Or"put this product in the wrong shopping cart "please write these reason for us,otherwise our store will be closed by Aliexpress.

Can we mention to Aliexpress in the comment field that the seller made the mistake and not the buyer

Will we still get our money back?

Don't about the money. That is fine. It either won't be taken or if it is taken already you'll get it back. I'm not gonna cancel it and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

My payment was taken straight away.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna do the same, why should we cancel and say that we made a mistake. The phone is still displayed as that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Hope perhaps?

Hope perhaps?

A New Hope, I have Awaiting Shipment on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i thought that there is such a thing with shops and stores,
    the price on display is the price that you pay,
    this kind of thing happened me once in a shop,
    i quoted this and they called manager he had not known this, he went back to office,
    must have looked it up and came back, leaving me have the item which was a memory card for the price displayed,

or

was that ad a ploy to get people to order and hand over card numbers,
    and then inform them that it was a mistake,
    ye are saying they still have the same quotation, which means that if they really made a mistake, why have they not amended it to right price

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

goat2 wrote: »
    i quoted this and they called manager he had not known this, he went back to office,
    must have looked it up and came back, leaving me have the item which was a memory card for the price displayed,

or

ye are saying they still have the same quotation, which means that if they really made a mistake, why have they not amended it to right price

This is not true there is no law about having to sell at the marked price in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

or

No, the law is that if you pay more than the in store advertized price, you're entitled to a refund of the difference. So for example, if a bunch of bananas is marked as 1c on the shelf, I complete the sale, find I'm charged 99c, I'm entitled to a refund. But if the shop catches it before the entire transaction is completed, they're under no bligation to honour that price.
    Some stores may have a different policy, but that'd be entirely voluntary.

Edit: Anyway, on topic. For anyone unfamiliar with Aliexpress, they have a policy of automatically cancelling orders where a seller does not update the status. So, in about a weeks time, unless they decide to dispatch the items (which they won't) the orders will be cancelled without any of our input.

No, the law is that if you pay more than the in store advertized price, you're entitled to a refund of the difference. So for example, if a bunch of bananas is marked as 1c on the shelf, I complete the sale, find I'm charged 99c, I'm entitled to a refund. But if the shop catches it before the entire transaction is completed, they're under no bligation to honour that price.
    Some stores may have a different policy, but that'd be entirely voluntary.

Edit: Anyway, on topic. For anyone unfamiliar with Aliexpress, they have a policy of automatically cancelling orders where a seller does not update the status. So, in about a weeks time, unless they decide to dispatch the items (which they won't) the orders will be cancelled without any of our input.
    thank you for this information, i had thought that was the case,
    i have learned something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Quoting Irish and EU consumer law is irrelevant here as the website and supplier is Chinese. The orders will be cancelled and refunds issued by Aliexpress in a weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I messaged back asking what discount the would give if I took up the offer to re-order. Will see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

D1976 wrote: »
    A New Hope, I have Awaiting Shipment on my account

My order said 'Awaiting shipment' the second after I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I doubt it's gonna happen.. :) but some good info.. :)

A website/Agency named Vidoo or Vasoon :confused: (Lost in bing/google translate).
    Aliexpress is a marketplace (like eBay or The Rakuten Group) known and recognized for its seriousness and reliability, the seller does not touch a penny if the buyer is not satisfied, so whatever happens, nobody will lose its €12.

We have already tried several times to take advantage of a prices on Aliexpress error (now we do more so), every time a command has been canceled within 2 or 3 days that followed, and it was refunded automatically in less than a week (without any approach on anyones part, it didn't even require the need to open a dispute...)

Apparently, the first 20 people to order this, were on an Italian forum, and their orders are being honoured. We don't yet know if any further orders got through. But, it seems it may sometimes pay off to go for these orders, even if (in some cases) they take over 2 months to fulfill. (I'm specifically referring to the €35/€21 tablets around Christmas, or earlier.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Any updates? Haven't been told anything as of yet myself.
    You'd imagine it would've been cancelled by now considering 2 working days have passed.

THFC wrote: »
    Any updates? Haven't been told anything as of yet myself.
    You'd imagine it would've been cancelled by now considering 2 working days have passed.
    There is probably statistics gathered by aliexpress whereby the seller would rather not cancel themselves or allow the order to expire naturally, that's why we got mails asking -us- to cancel.

There is probably statistics gathered by aliexpress whereby the seller would rather not cancel themselves or allow the order to expire naturally, that's why we got mails asking -us- to cancel.

Just got an email from aliexpress telling me how their website works and looking for me to complete a survey

We hope you enjoyed shopping on AliExpress.com! Here are some tips help beginners make the best purchases and ensure
    a trouble-free shopping experience on AliExpress. We hope you find them useful!

(1) After AliExpress has confirmed the receipt of your payment,
    the seller processes your order and ships items within
    a specified processing time.

(2) After the seller ships your order, you will receive
    a tracking number. Please report any invalid tracking codes to
    our Customer Service Center.

(3) Shipping costs vary depending on the shipping time
    (3 to 40 days), destination and the
    type of service chosen.

(1) We have a buyer protection system to ensure safe transactions. How does it work?

(2) We offer solutions for all disputes.
    What solutions are available?

(3) The seller asked me to pay directly to his/her bank account.
    I know that I shouldn’t do this. What should I do next?

(1) How do I complete an order?

(2) After completing an order,
    how do I leave comments and feedback?
    We'd love to hear what you think!

We would like to invite you, our valued customer, to participate in our survey to learn more about your recent experiences on AliExpress so that we can improve.

To take the survey, please click the link below. We greatly appreciate your input.
    Click here to take survey

Got that email too. Probably no hope getting it at this stage, but a man can hope..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

I taught that the money doesn't get taken out of your account until you have received the item. Just checked my bank there and it has been taken out, it's not pending either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I taught that the money doesn't get taken out of your account until you have received the item. Just checked my bank there and it has been taken out, it's not pending either?

No, payment is always taken out, it will be refunded though when the seller cancels the deal

Just contacted the seller and asked for an update. Will post the reply when I get it.

can that site be contacted and let it been known that this is false advertising,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

can that site be contacted and let it been known that this is false advertising,

Ya can't be serious!

You can file a complaint with the People's Party Executive Office for Advertising and Standards in Commercial Interactions With Wide Eye Stupid Gwailo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can file a complaint with the People's Party Executive Office for Advertising and Standards in Commercial Interactions With Wide Eye Stupid Gwailo.

Do you have a phone number for them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

It was a pricing mistake not false advertising.

Got a response:
    You have a new message from AliExpress supplier Annas Liao.
    Annas Liao: hi,friend,that's the wrong price on it,we are so sorry for that.
    Since this link is not as actual products for the mistake. Please change the reason as "buy the wrong item" Or "put this product in the wrong shopping cart" to enter into cancel apply. we will assist to cancel the order in aliexpress and submit refund request to aliexpress as fastest process way.If you use other reasons,our store will be closed by Aliexpress,please cooperate to support us,we really need your help.
    Thanks in advance!
    Annas

As expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭vertico

Has anyone not cancelled the order?

Advertisement