Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on this situation, who's right?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pugsnotdrugs13

I explained myself and said that I couldn't give her the money, apologised, and haven't heard from her since!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

you have to stick to your guns here now, OP, so dont appologise again, she will probably come back guns blazing. Im in agreement with a few here, she renaged on her words unfortunately. I personally wouldnt drive her again either,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I think the clamp thing was 100 percent your fault op, though overall she doesn't sound like that great a friend when it comes to money, she'll take and take but won't give. Probably set some ground rules from now on about lifts and what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

You should've cut the stupid clamp off in the first place, then sent me the €100 for the bizarre time-travelling advice-giving.

Otherwise I think you're in the right and yer one's a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I explained myself and said that I couldn't give her the money, apologised, and haven't heard from her since!

Make sure to give her a wave as you drive past her walking to college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

If you don't have it you can't give it. Perhaps you could give her something, explaining that you are also stuck at the moment? She could be mortified at askig for it back but she really shouldn't at this stage and after assuring you that she did not want you to repay her.
    In future don't be available for her to bring her to college if she never contributes to the fuel costs. It does cost more in fuel if you are carrying the weight of an extra passenger and you are hard up enough at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

It was your responsibility as the driver to decide where to park. However, since she said she'd pay half she can't back track on that now. Stand your ground with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Putting myself in her position, I would never be asking you for this money back. Some people seem to have no self awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

You are 100% responsible for what you do with your car, where you park it and any fines you may incur.

BUT.. they did say they would pay half so I wouldn't give any money back at all.

Advertisement