Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on this situation, who's right?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pugsnotdrugs13

Why are people telling me I owe her. I clearly don't as she said don't worry about it it's her fault too. If you think I should give her the money back that's fine. Just don't tell me I owe her because I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

I did when I brought 2 other girls last year also, the 2 girls always threw me some cash on a Friday and guess who didn't

Well you have had your lesson now, so its time to make some ground rules.
    For example i was talking with the girls im going to college with (and they are very young so its not the age!) beforehand and we made a deal how much they would pay for 1 trip. Sometimes they miss college, so they dont pay then. But if they take the trip with me tgey always pay. Never had a problem with them and we get on great. No fights because of money :-)

maria34 wrote: »
    Well you have had your lesson now, so its time to make some ground rules.
    For example i was talking with the girls im going to college with (and they are very young so its not the age!) beforehand and we made a deal how much they would pay for 1 trip. Sometimes they miss college, so they dont pay then. But if they take the trip with me tgey always pay. Never had a problem with them and we get on great. No fights because of money :-)

I'm glad it worked out for you and I hope it continues to run smoothly :) This has only ever been a problem with this particular girl, if it's added up, I've spent wayyyy more €€€ worth of fuel going to college than that €50! You know yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I think you're missing the point here.. I held her to the conversation. An example of holding someone to a conversation:

If you and I went for lunch and I said hey I'm getting a beer do you want one? You say yes and hand me a fiver and I say ah you're grand.

I'm not missing the point. I said neither of you should've said it if you didn't mean it.

Doesn't matter who said it when, if you didn't mean it don't say it because people do hold you to it.

I understand you're saying that she ended the conversation with no you don't have to and that should be the end of it but tough luck really because you said you'd pay her back, she isn't seeing that as an offer with a time limit or that no longer applies if she refuses at the time (which should be the case but that's why I said she was wrong to say it if she didn't mean it).

Also, people are telling you that you owe her because that's their opinion on the issue, which is what you asked people for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

Why are people telling me I owe her. I clearly don't as she said don't worry about it it's her fault too. If you think I should give her the money back that's fine. Just don't tell me I owe her because I don't.

You Do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Me?

This OP should result in a license revoke. People who cannot handle situations like this without asking advise from the internet should not be allowed operate heavy machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Me? wrote: »
    This OP should result in a license revoke. People who cannot handle situations like this should not be allowed operate heavy machinery.

Be fair. OP is only 13. She's only acting like a stroppy, bad-mannered teen because she is.

Me? wrote: »
    This OP should result in a license revoke. People who cannot handle situations like this should not be allowed operate heavy machinery.

As I believe a mod once said: "abuse the question not the poster", so can you kindly back the **** up and don't contribute unless you have a genuine opinion on my post please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

As I believe a mod once said: "abuse the question not the poster", so can you kindly back the **** up and don't contribute unless you have a genuine opinion on my post please

Time of the month?

mod: banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is it not "attack the post , not the poster " ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Give her an invoice for the fuel used transporting her college less the €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sounds to me your friend is an arsehole.
    You alone are responsible for your car and what you do with it. Welcome to adulthood.
    Adults also read the full post before posting a comment

Yes please continue to talk down and bully me in an online forum, you intelligent humans.

She literally just text me "any story with money i need it to book flights lol"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Simple as this OP.

You got clamped but for some reason involved 2 other people.The bf and friend. YOU PAY YOUR FINES YOURSELF. Got that? Simple isn't it.

Also to simplify everything else for you. YOU give your friend a lift to college for free. If you want her to contribute for petrol YOU should ask.

Or you could just ask a bunch of strangers on AH about an extremely trivial thing :rolleyes:

Also don't give her any money back. She gave it to you. Tough sh*t.

I'll give this thread ten minutes before a total OP meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

She literally just text me "any story with money i need it to book flights lol"

Pay your debt, you owe the money, stop whining and pay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Why are people pretending the friend didn't agree, of her own volition, to pay €50 towards the release fee?

Yes please continue to talk down and bully me in an online forum, you intelligent humans.

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth.

Why are people pretending the friend didn't agree, of her own volition, to pay €50 towards the release fee?

Nobody is pretending that. The op agreed of her own volition to pay it back when she came into more money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭geckovision

She changed the rules on you, OP when it suited her.

I'd say your within your rights to follow these new rules and ask for diesel for future lifts. 50e should do it for a few weeks.

Thank you to all the people who gave genuine opinions whether I agreed or not, your help was appreciated.

To those of you who took the time out of your long busy day to be an even busier keyboard warrior, you're just dicks!

Mods can close this or whatever they usually do with threads. (Sorry, newbie)

P.s.
    Simple as this OP.

You got clamped but for some reason involved 2 other people.The bf and friend. YOU PAY YOUR FINES YOURSELF. Got that? Simple isn't it.

Also to simplify everything else for you. YOU give your friend a lift to college for free. If you want her to contribute for petrol YOU should ask.

Or you could just ask a bunch of strangers on AH about an extremely trivial thing
    I payed my boyfriend back the next day as it happened to be a payday. As for the free lifts this year, I didn't really mind as I thought the friendship was equal after she payed half the fine. That opinion has been revoked! I've learned from my mistakes! She's not getting a refund, and she will be getting a bus timetable as recommended! Thanks :*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Whose car was it?. Who was driving? Your responsibility. Give the girl her money back and grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Exactly, it suited her at the time to pay but now she decides she can get extra cash for her holidays off the OP.

This is no "friend" OP, but she's only asking you for the €50 back because she thinks she can get away from it and you'll pay up, which you've admitted you almost have. She's been walking all over you with the carpooling and now she thinks that she can do the same here.

I like the idea of the invoice for petrol minus the €50 that means to much to her :P

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

OP dont let these little bullies to wind you up :-) they have long wknd ahead and problably so bored.

You do your own thing and dont think she is your friend because she is not.

No wonder she can afford to book flights if her ride is free ( to college ofcourse)

To those of you who took the time out of your long busy day to be an even busier keyboard warrior, you're just dicks!

Your welcome, and welcome to AH on a Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Mods can close this or whatever they usually do with threads. (Sorry, newbie)

uh oh, it'll probably stay open until someone throws a chair ;)

Exactly, it suited her at the time to pay but now she decides she can get extra cash for her holidays off the OP.

This is no "friend" OP, but she's only asking you for the €50 back because she thinks she can get away from it and you'll pay up, which you've admitted you almost have. She's been walking all over you with the carpooling and now she thinks that she can do the same here.

I like the idea of the invoice for petrol minus the €50 that means to much to her :P

Tbh I'd say the exact same for the op.

It suited her at the time to offer lifts and not request money for fuel but now that op is being asked for money she feels that the girl should pay up for lifts that have nothing to do with the clamping situation.

If the fuel money was an issue before then op should have dealt with it then, not use it as a petty stick to beat the girl with. Bringing it up now just because the girl wants her money back is just spiteful IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Tis far from swanning around in cars of our own when in college some of us were reared. We took public transport, rode our bicycles and walked. What's the country coming to?

• Advertisement

Tbh I'd say the exact same for the op.

It suited her at the time to offer lifts and not request money for fuel but now that op is being asked for money she feels that the girl should pay up for lifts that have nothing to do with the clamping situation.

If the fuel money was an issue before then op should have dealt with it then, not use it as a petty stick to beat the girl with. Bringing it up now just because the girl wants her money back is just spiteful IMO.

I understand what you're saying here, and I suppose I don't disagree. But I've been driving this girl to college for 3 semesters (A year an a half), soooo she kind of owes me (if thats how we're playing it) a bit more than that €50

Advertisement