Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Perth 382Euro Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

You will have to ring expedia.com.br . I was in the same boat and was onto them today. The phone number was on the website cant remember it off hand. When you ring its in Portuguese pick option 1, 5, 5 and I just asked them to speak english and it wasnt a problem there in the middle of fixing my query

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

It seems that actual charge (vs money blocked on card) was higher and it meant that 416 euro was price per passenger in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

cathy01 wrote: »
    SO I have family in Queensland, a neice I never met.
    After lots of promises to myself.Im going to go, but cant work out this site at all.
    Can anyone sort of talk me through it.I just keep coming up with 5,000 plus.
    I can go anytime after june.

Any help???
    Thanks,cathy

Still looking but dont know where to look now.can anyone please please with a cherry on top tell me where to look.dates wise July onwards :/) please .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

It would appear this deal expired last Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Still looking but dont know where to look now.can anyone please please with a cherry on top tell me where to look.dates wise July onwards :/) please .

The deal was expired on Monday when you posted, and someone replied to you saying so, which you thanked. Why would you be asking this again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Gongoozler wrote: »
    The deal was expired on Monday when you posted, and someone replied to you saying so, which you thanked. Why would you be asking this again?
    i guess it's because it's such a good deal that they can't believe they missed it?

i'll be honest, i still can't believe we got it for that price, that's pretty much unheard of. last time i made it to my brother in Oz was 18 years ago and it cost me £900 each way. my wife is 36 and she's been trying to get there since she was 18 too, so it's dream come true for us, particularly as we are thinking of emigrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Because someone put up other links or said try A,B OR C.
    I just got confused and asked for help.I think that's ok. If anyone took offence then ????

Because someone put up other links or said try A,B OR C.
    I just got confused and asked for help.I think that's ok. If anyone took offence then ????
    ah no you're grand, don't think anyone was too upset anyway.

i'm fairly sure you'll find that this was a once in a lifetime deal (or at least no more than once in a year).

sorry that you didn't make it anyway, it was a corker of a deal. :(

just as an FYI for anyone who did manage to get the flights, we have a 12 hour layover in Dubai with ours and Quantas website is giving away a free hotel room for the duration of the layover if you book it with them in advance.

just handy if you have tired young kids or just want a kip before the onward leg of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

vibe666 wrote: »

just as an FYI for anyone who did manage to get the flights, we have a 12 hour layover in Dubai with ours and Quantas website is giving away a free hotel room for the duration of the layover if you book it with them in advance.

On this point, I read that it only applies to tickets that cost €X+

I paid €419 for my flights to Melbourne and have a 9 hour layover in Dubai. I have booked my Dubai Connect for the transfer through the Qantas website. As the price I paid for my ticket is below the required amount will I get a hotel? I think the minimum is around €800-900.

I haven't qualified for Dubai Connect before despite having long layovers but have always gotten a hotel, even for a quick nap and a shower. I don't want to get to Dubai and be told I don't have a hotel.

Does anyone know if this hotel is guaranteed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Where did you read that?

I would have thought the fact that it comes up in manage my booking and it only appears for the specific flight that has the long layover means it is all ok?

Just wondering also, as I have a 10hr layover and it is coming up for me, but there is actually an earlier flight that has less than a 2hr stopover. I thought the dubai connect was only available if the next available flight was in more than 8hrs and in my case that is not the situation, yet it is still coming up in manage my booking for that specific flight.

• Advertisement

Not sure what qualifies you, but we booked 2 adults and 2 small kids for a total just under €1300 with a 12 hour Dubai layover.

Just go to the Qantas website and out in your confirmation no. and last name and if available a button for the free hotel booking option should appear on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

To anyone that bought tickets could you post back here and let us know if everything went o.k with the flights and all.

I have seen two deals from this site this week and sounds to good to be true.

mel.b wrote: »
    Where did you read that?

I would have thought the fact that it comes up in manage my booking and it only appears for the specific flight that has the long layover means it is all ok?

Just wondering also, as I have a 10hr layover and it is coming up for me, but there is actually an earlier flight that has less than a 2hr stopover. I thought the dubai connect was only available if the next available flight was in more than 8hrs and in my case that is not the situation, yet it is still coming up in manage my booking for that specific flight.

Yes I have booked DUB-DXB-SIN-MEL. There is a flight before the one I have booked to MEL and for this reason I technically do not qualify for Dubai Connect, but on the Qantas website I have booked one. However on the Emirates website there is no option to book.

To anyone that bought tickets could you post back here and let us know if everything went o.k with the flights and all.

just seems to good to be true.

Yes it booked and I was issued with the E-tickets. This means that everything is confirmed and was legit.

I am not sure if you intend to book, hard to tell with what you have said, but the prices have gone back up to the 700-800 range again. The cheap flights have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Yes it's totally legit. I live in Australia and have used Expedia.com.br a few times for flights with no problems. It's been a well known 'secret' for a few years now across Aussie forums etc.

I've never got anything as cheap as this deal but they're always way cheaper than other booking sites, I'd save a few hundred normally. It's usually just cheaper for Qantas though, I find them to be much the same price as everyone else for other airlines. When I say Qantas, it's always a Qantas booking ref, but often the flights are operated by Emirates if I'm going long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Sorry for resurrecting an old tread but this might be useful for those of you who got the deal.

For flight changes I had a portuguese friend calling Expedia Brazil and they said this would cost €150 + fare difference.

Ouch, that would hurt:(

My flight is still not for another 3 mths :eek: But it means I will be home in Oz for Christmas and I will meet my two new nieces, one who was born yesterday and the other in March.

Can anyone who has taken the flights, or has them coming up say if they ended up being given the Dubai Connect hotel package. I'm especially interested in those flying from now onwards who have a long layover in Dubai as there are two flights a day now to Dublin. I stupidly have a 9hr layover, when there is another flight that would mean only a 1.5hr layover. I'm going to beg at the check-in desk in MEL to get transferred onto that flight - considering it will be New Years Day I'd say the flight will be quiet so hopefully they will do it. Otherwise that flight with the 1.5hr stop over will have landed in Dublin and I'll STILL be waiting in Dubai :mad:

Have a flight coming up soon with this deal, not a long stopover though. Can't see any problems with it. Looking forward to it. Well not so much the length of the flight but yeah all is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Ouch, that would hurt:(

My flight is still not for another 3 mths :eek: But it means I will be home in Oz for Christmas and I will meet my two new nieces, one who was born yesterday and the other in March.

Can anyone who has taken the flights, or has them coming up say if they ended up being given the Dubai Connect hotel package. I'm especially interested in those flying from now onwards who have a long layover in Dubai as there are two flights a day now to Dublin. I stupidly have a 9hr layover, when there is another flight that would mean only a 1.5hr layover. I'm going to beg at the check-in desk in MEL to get transferred onto that flight - considering it will be New Years Day I'd say the flight will be quiet so hopefully they will do it. Otherwise that flight with the 1.5hr stop over will have landed in Dublin and I'll STILL be waiting in Dubai :mad:

I did it in April with the Dubai Connect hotel package, I had no problem getting it.

I have mine in a few weeks and I called to ask Emirates directly. They said it was all booked and set to go. Just need to go to the ticketing office in Dublin Airport to pick up my voucher and then its all set from there.

Dubai Connect wasn't bookable on the Emirates website but it was bookable on the Qantas website.

• Advertisement

can't wait, we'll be off in 5 weeks.! :D

Did you book seats/special meals on Emirates website or on Qantas website?

September1 wrote: »
    Did you book seats/special meals on Emirates website or on Qantas website?

Special meals?

We picked our seats through Emirates.

We're trying to sort out seats as we have a 9 month old baby (and a 3yr old) and we're trying to get the row with the bassinet for the baby, but we can only get it on one part of the journey each way, so we're fooked if we can't get it for all of them. :(

Special meals?

We picked our seats through Emirates.

Like gluten-free or vegetarian or even sea food:
    http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/dietary_requirements.aspx

I also booked using Emirates website, but I noticed when viewing reservation on Qantas that neither seats or meals are booked.

September1 wrote: »
    Like gluten-free or vegetarian or even sea food:
    http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/dietary_requirements.aspx

I also booked using Emirates website, but I noticed when viewing reservation on Qantas that neither seats or meals are booked.

I can see my seat reservations on the Qantas website. But I think I booked them there first. I can also see them on Emirates website.

vibe666 wrote: »
    We're trying to sort out seats as we have a 9 month old baby (and a 3yr old) and we're trying to get the row with the bassinet for the baby, but we can only get it on one part of the journey each way, so we're fooked if we can't get it for all of them. :(

If the other people who are booked in the bassinet rows don't have babies, I think they try to move them. However if they do, then yep, someone is going to miss out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

How do you pick seats through Emirates if flight is weeks away?

Just enter your booking number and name through the manage my booking section and it should take you through to the page where you can select your seats, order special meals etc. I booked in March for flights in Dec and booked my seats in March also

• Advertisement

Anyone know if your food is included? I've seen the menus and theres no prices, but it only days drinks are complimentary. Someone said the food is included, which seemed a little odd to me. But then for what you'd usually pay for the flight it wouldn't be that crazy.

Advertisement