Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Perth 382Euro Return

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

lavine7 wrote: »
    Do these have to be booked by midnight to avail of offer?

According to the rules posted earlier, it's on or before March 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Dublin -> Auckland = €900+ normally

However if I change 'Sales city' to Rio De Janeiro its €500!

Incredible.

Can I book that with an Irish credit card/address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

I booked Melbourne return for november.....€408....... @ that price could not say no...... now what to do in Melbourne?????

Best Bargain Alert ever...... thanks OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Deal ended at 3am Irish time or exactly midnight in Brazil, ended on Mar 17th as it said. Nice find op and hopefully the will honour the flights for those who nabbed them when they were available.

This is has to be the Bargain Alert of 2014 so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

islanderre wrote: »
    I booked Melbourne return for november.....€408....... @ that price could not say no...... now what to do in Melbourne?????

Best Bargain Alert ever...... thanks OP

How long are you going for? Include a trip to Phillip Island to watch the penuin parade innthe evening and if you can stretch it to go to Wilson's Prom, one of the most beautiful national parks with fantastic beaches.

In the other direction you have the great ocean road.

You could also go to Healsville sanctuary if you want to get up close and personal with some australian animals.

I wish i was going somewhere for a proper holiday & not to just visit my family (musn't let my family know i said that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Melissa30

Seen this thread the last few days and only after reading it now and seeing it applies to Thailand too which I need to book but I missed it by a few hours. Its showing Duhlin-Bangkok now is over €800. So annoyed.

Edit: where do I change sales city?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Melissa30 wrote: »
    Seen this thread the last few days and only after reading it now and seeing it applies to Thailand too which I need to book but I missed it by a few hours. Its showing Duhlin-Bangkok now is over €800. So annoyed.

Edit: where do I change sales city?

You can use http://www.skyscanner.ie/

At the top you can select, English, Country Brazil and leave currency in Euro.

Davy wrote: »
    You can use http://www.skyscanner.ie/

At the top you can select, English, Country Brazil and leave currency in Euro.

Tried that but its still showing the normal price

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Melissa30 wrote: »
    Tried that but its still showing the normal price

Just checked it there, and its does come up €379 but has gone up to €739 when you try to select the flight, sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Just wanted to say a VERY big thanks to the OP.

Booked our family of 4 (a toddler and a baby) about 11:30pm after procrastinating over it must the evening, to go to Perth for 3 weeks to see my brother and his family for €1300.

We really can't afford to go, but for that price really can't NOT go!

They were in the UK for a few days last year and we were due to meet up, but my son was sick in hospital, so we missed seeing them for the first time in over 10 years. :(

My wife just checked again this morning and the same flights for the 4 of us are now €2000 more expensive (which we definitely couldn't afford!).

Definitely the BA alert of the year and I'm really feeling like I got the payback (and then some) for my BA alert a couple of years ago for a full board week in the Maldives for £599. :)

Davy wrote: »
    Just checked it there, and its does come up €379 but has gone up to €739 when you try to select the flight, sorry

Thanks anyway Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

mel.b wrote: »
    Lol, just had a phone call fro Permanent TSB card security deot checking if the transacatin was legit. That's what i call efficent mointoring of accounts (and the first good thing i have had to say about them since switching in Jan)

Bad ptsb experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

All gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Did this work for America flights seeing as it was to do with the fuel surcharge ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did this work for America flights seeing as it was to do with the fuel surcharge ??
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

SO I have family in Queensland, a neice I never met.
    After lots of promises to myself.Im going to go, but cant work out this site at all.
    Can anyone sort of talk me through it.I just keep coming up with 5,000 plus.
    I can go anytime after june.

Any help???
    Thanks,cathy

cathy01 wrote: »
    SO I have family in Queensland, a neice I never met.
    After lots of promises to myself.Im going to go, but cant work out this site at all.
    Can anyone sort of talk me through it.I just keep coming up with 5,000 plus.
    I can go anytime after june.

Any help???
    Thanks,cathy

It's all gone I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the offer expired at 3am this morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ariya

Raging i missed this. Hubby and i are planning on going to singapore in november and this deal would have been perfect. Grrrrrrrr

• Advertisement

ariya wrote: »
    Raging i missed this. Hubby and i are planning on going to singapore in november and this deal would have been perfect. Grrrrrrrr

Still quite cheap from London. Around £350. You have to book today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

mel.b wrote: »
    How long are you going for? Include a trip to Phillip Island to watch the penuin parade innthe evening and if you can stretch it to go to Wilson's Prom, one of the most beautiful national parks with fantastic beaches.

In the other direction you have the great ocean road.

You could also go to Healsville sanctuary if you want to get up close and personal with some australian animals.

I wish i was going somewhere for a proper holiday & not to just visit my family (musn't let my family know i said that!)

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Can you show a link from the London page? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Was wondering where you found this?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

just tried london to sydney in may,it comes to 591 euro on expedia brazil,the same dates/flights on expedia.ie come to 976 euro

spongbob wrote: »
    Can you show a link from the London page? Cheers
    Was wondering where you found this?

For example:
    http://www.skyscanner.com.br/transport/flights/lond/sin/141108/141115/airfares-from-london-to-singapore-changi-in-november-2014.html?rtn=1

Currently showing as £356 booking with eDestinos. However, take my advice and follow the Expedia.com.br link, which shows as £363.88. Two reasons, one, this flight starts and ends in LGW (as opposed to out LGW, in LHR, which is a bit of a pain), and secondly, when booking on Expedia.com.br and paying with my Tesco UK Mastercard, it removed the R$123.00 "Expedia Taxa de reserva" (booking fee), making the revised total R$1301.36 = £333.25.

I just booked last night for LGW-SIN return, 12/01/15 - 24/01/15, on A380s on both Singapore legs, 2 adults 2 children, R$4549.80 grand total = £1165.54 or an average of £291.39 per human, which is insanely cheap.

You have to be fast though. These fares are published to end on 18/03/14. On the flights out of DUB (as per the OP of this thread), they were published to end on 17/03 and did so at midnight Brazil time, so 03:00 on 17/03 over here. Not sure why the flights departing LON are still available but I've just checked and they are currently are. So if you're booking do it now because they're likely to be pulled any minute.

Skyscanner linkage here.

Slightly cheaper dates here.

These are all for LON-SIN by the way. LON-BKK and LON-KUL also available.

Maybe its my dates that are the problem so because I cannot find cheap flights to Bangkok in August/September. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭amber2

http://www.holidaypirates.com

London Oz offer & lots of others which may be of interest to
    Someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

need some help lads
    booked my flights to perth in nov, but i need to change the name on one of the passagers. i rang qantas this morning but they said i would have to change it with expedia.
    i have been on the expedia.br but i cant seem to find how i can change the name. anyone have any idea??

Advertisement