Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Perth 382Euro Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Holidaypirates comment:
    LOL. This has been available for over a year.....and NOW gets posted? I assume because it showed up on a Polish blog earlier today.

Seems to be correct, there are plenty of forum posts and articles from 2013 about this BA.

And here is a good explanation for the low prices:
    Why are they so cheap, well the Brazilian government doesn't allow airlines to charge people the fuel surcharge. There are various reports on whirlpool forums and ozbargain.com.au from people that have booked flights via Expedia Brazil and travelled on these tickets with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You must be fast to get this one

Sales restrictions

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 28FEB 14 AND ON/BEFORE
    17MAR 14.

Also there are only certain dates available
    Seasonal restrictions

PERMITTED 06MAR 14 THROUGH 03APR 14 OR 23APR 14 THROUGH
    30JUN 14 OR 01SEP 14 THROUGH 10DEC 14 ON THE FIRST
    INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

And it must be booked 14 days in advance
    Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 14 DAYS
    BEFORE DEPARTURE.

Funny enough you can get this price on several websites (not just Brazil) but not on any Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Berberis wrote: »
    never been to Australia, although have always planned on going sometime. Had a look at Perth on the internet. Jaysus its miles from every where, (and yes I know Australia is big) seemly its the most isolated city in the world. That apart if someone was going to Australia for the first time is the Perth the place to go?

I have tried similar dates to Melbourne with the same website and flights are much the same price.

Example : Dublin --> Melbourne (return) 6th Nov -> 15 Nov is 1346 BRL which is €411

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I booked to Syndey in October for autumn school break - it worked out to ~408 per person according to credit card.

I also was able to verify that reservations on Emirates and Qantas websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Also saw these great rates for sept. Thinking of a few weeks in Northern Territory!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Alias G

unklerosco wrote: »
    What dates did you get that fare for?

Flying out on 3rd Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Seriously considering to stop following this forum! Just bought tickets to Sydney, great BA!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

Blingy wrote: »
    Also saw these great rates for sept. Thinking of a few weeks in Northern Territory!!!

What dates did you get that fare for? Is that Dublin to Darwin? Planning to visit my brother and his family in Darwin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Just checked DUB-SYD and got it for €430

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Im terrified of this, do you think its legit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Just booked Dublin to Perth 3th nov

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

How do I see what actual price I'm being quoted?

I'm getting

R $1430.37 for a return trip to Sydney.

Then later in the booking is it telling me that the price quoted is in British Pounds??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

connundrum wrote: »

I'm getting

Then later in the booking is it telling me that the price quoted is in British Pounds??

https://www.google.ie/search?q=R1430.37+in+euro&oq=R1430.37+in+euro&aqs=chrome..69i57.5242j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=1%2C430.37+brazillian+real+in+euro&safe=off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

connundrum wrote: »

I'm getting

I saw that myself last night, but if you look at the Portuguese its actually saying Brazil Reals, so that's a mess up on Google translate side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

All booked - all of us going to Australia (Sydney) over the mid term break in Oct. Booked flights for 15 days for €1803.

All checks out. Got booking reference and checked ok on Qantas and Emirates. AIB card centre called me and the transaction amount is correct.

We see this as a great cultural experience for our kids with memories for life.

Thanks OP, great post and candidate for BA of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Bored.1e wrote: »
    What dates did you get that fare for? Is that Dublin to Darwin? Planning to visit my brother and his family in Darwin.

End of sept to Perth return for about 3 weeks. Haven't booked. Still thinking it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

just out of curiosity, how many of you are going at that price, we have 2 adults + 4 kids.
    dfbemt wrote: »
    All booked - all of us going to Australia (Sydney) over the mid term break in Oct. Booked flights for 15 days for €1803.

All checks out. Got booking reference and checked ok on Qantas and Emirates. AIB card centre called me and the transaction amount is correct.

We see this as a great cultural experience for our kids with memories for life.

Thanks OP, great post and candidate for BA of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

spongbob wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, how many of you are going at that price, we have 2 adults + 4 kids.

2+3. All 3 are under 12 and looks like the kids fare is approx 75 - 80% of adult (too lazy to work it out)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dfbemt wrote: »
    2+3. All 3 are under 12 and looks like the kids fare is approx 75 - 80% of adult (too lazy to work it out)
    And how many frequent flyer points is that? :cool:

You must be fast to get this one

Sales restrictions

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/AFTER 28FEB 14 AND ON/BEFORE
    17MAR 14.

Also there are only certain dates available
    Seasonal restrictions

PERMITTED 06MAR 14 THROUGH 03APR 14 OR 23APR 14 THROUGH
    30JUN 14 OR 01SEP 14 THROUGH 10DEC 14 ON THE FIRST
    INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

And it must be booked 14 days in advance
    Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 14 DAYS
    BEFORE DEPARTURE.

Funny enough you can get this price on several websites (not just Brazil) but not on any Irish site.

Where did you see this information on restrictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

you can get it an ITA Matrix, but you may need to enter a city in Brazil as the sales city for the fare to come up.

mel.b wrote: »
    you can get it an ITA Matrix, but you may need to enter a city in Brazil as the sales city for the fare to come up.

Yes you need to make sure to choose a city in Brazil to have these fare come up which has to do as above mentioned with no full surcharge on tickets issues in Brazil.

'Choose a city in Brazil' for what though? Obviously I'm putting in Dublin to Perth, where would I be putting in a Brazillian city??

Gongoozler wrote: »
    'Choose a city in Brazil' for what though? Obviously I'm putting in Dublin to Perth, where would I be putting in a Brazillian city??

what mel.b and me are referring to is http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ which you can use to find the best price for flights, you can not book there but it's a good tool to see what the prices are and what the conditions are.

If you use this to find the best price you need to make sure that you choose a city in Brazil in the Sales City so that it is finding the right price.

You can't book at ita (owned by google) but you can try to use it to find availability for the cheap price and than go and book it on any of the Brazilian sites mentioned above.

And that's where the restrictions information came from for those fares..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

The restrictions are the fare rules. ITA is just an easy way to see them.

Once you have have got the flights up on ITA, you will need to select your flights before you will be able to see the rules. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and it will list the sectors, their prices and the rules for each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Also Bangkok for 367. Singapore slightly more.

Booked Perth for September, got them for 382. :D:D:D picked our seats and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Do these have to be booked by midnight to avail of offer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Also Bangkok for 367. Singapore slightly more.

What dates did you put in for that price?

Advertisement