Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭amber2

Got XXL Perlinbacher in Lidl Charleville today so if your passing your local Lidl might be worth checking just in case, Charleville had plenty in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

8 cans for a tenner, now until next Wednesday Supervalue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

danjo-xx wrote: »
    8 cans for a tenner, now until next Wednesday Supervalue.

Cans of???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

TheDriver wrote: »
    Cans of???

Heineken I'd say, shoulda gone to specksavers:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is 300ml the new 330ml for bottles? I've stopped trusting bottle multipack deals lately, only go for cans now. The level of shrinkflation with bottles seems to have resulted in bottle crate "deals" sometimes working out more expensive than buying 10 or 15 individual bottles which haven't been reduced in size.

Is this essentially to absorb excise duty increases while hoping people don't notice they're getting less drink than they would have previously?
    Beware 286ml is the new 300ml sometimes :mad:

250ml in a short stubby bottle is fair enough, but 286ml in a long neck is just extracting the urine.

What excise duty increases ?? This stuff is less than a euro a pint , including VAT and excise and packaging and transport
    amber2 wrote: »
    XXL Perlinbacher available in Lidl ... while stocks last €7.29 for 8 bottles!
    And best before date is Feb 2016 if you need an excuse to stock up ;)

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Heineken I'd say, shoulda gone to specksavers:D

On phone so no headers if that's where it was displayed...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

TheDriver wrote: »
    On phone so no headers if that's where it was displayed...
    Yeah, tis in the header - odd the mobile version can't show the headers, as it's not the first time this issue has cropped up with mobile users not seeing info in the header.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

amber2 wrote: »
    Got XXL Perlinbacher in Lidl Charleville today so if your passing your local Lidl might be worth checking just in case, Charleville had plenty in stock.

Lidl Togher (Cork) had nothing left tonight - they said the offer started Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Barr wrote: »
    Lidl Togher (Cork) had nothing left tonight - they said the offer started Monday :(

same in Greystones none left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

casio4 wrote: »

Pallets of it in Celbridge :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you sure? - I was there are 8.45 last night and there was pile of boxes opposite the checkouts, unlikely they sold out in the remaining 15 minutes they were open. There were none in the actual beer aisle though which initially threw me (they have the 6-bottle packs in the beer section).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

loyatemu wrote: »
    you sure? - I was there are 8.45 last night and there was pile of boxes opposite the checkouts, unlikely they sold out in the remaining 15 minutes they were open. There were none in the actual beer aisle though which initially threw me (they have the 6-bottle packs in the beer section).
    feck it anyway I didn't see them and I bought a six pack from the beer aisle:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

feck it anyway I didn't see them and I bought a six pack from the beer aisle:(

Sneaky lidl feckers.

They had them parked off in a separate isle in my local store, I only noticed them when I was about to que.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

6 bottles same price as the xxl 8 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

vicwatson wrote: »
    6 bottles same price as the xxl 8 !!!

That's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Plenty of them still left in Tuam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone know wheres the best for kegs or small kegs?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

nm wrote: »
    Anyone know wheres the best for kegs or small kegs?

There's a pub in Portarlington in Laois that does kegs, 50l for 200. Don't know if that's good or what, just saw it the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

macnug wrote: »
    There's a pub in Portarlington in Laois that does kegs, 50l for 200. Don't know if that's good or what, just saw it the other day.

I doubt that includes VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

omicron wrote: »

That would include VAT.

• Advertisement

Frynge wrote: »
    That would include VAT.

Unless it's a pub with a very high turnover and getting some very good deal on kegs, they'd be making next to nothing selling them at €200. Last time I looked (I don't actually do the ordering) kegs were around €170 ex VAT?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

If you are paying €170 ex VAT for kegs you are being robbed. Everyone in the country that buys kegs from diageo or heineken pays the exact same but depending on the amount you buy depends on how much of a rebate you get.i think we pay €147.75 for guinness from diageo but i will check later and get the exact amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

omicron wrote: »

Yea that includes vat.

macnug wrote: »
    Yea that includes vat.

Seems like very good value so!!! €2.27 a pint!

Except you can get a can for a euro unless you are having a party...

Boxes coors light bottles on offer anywhere better than Tesco - €22 for 20 bottles ???

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

It is a Euro a btl in O'Briens in Citywest.

20 for €20, they were 20 for €18 in Tesco last week so looking for same/better

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

Bulmers on special anywhere does anyone know ?

• Advertisement

conor2ka wrote: »
    Bulmers on special anywhere does anyone know ?

Only thing I've seen is 8 cans for 13e in tesco and supervalu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement