Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tesco had loads of 8 packs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

OldRio wrote: »
    Go to Aldi, I kid you not. Glen Marnoch Whisky. It comes in a box. An Islay Blended Whisky. Lovely peaty taste. Very smooth. All for the price of 25euro.

Is officially a Christmas 14 special but it's still widely in stock. Have a peat fan friend who swears by it

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

Probably mentioned already but Tesco and dunnes have slab of Budweiser for 24 euros Tesco might have Guinness slab at the same price as dunnes do to 24 for 24 euros

Happy weekend

Tesco have 8 packs for 8 euro so 3 of those is like buying a slab for 24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I can see plenty of booze/food deals surfacing after minimum pricing,

For example the minimum price for a 12 pack of 2 unit beer would be €22 as opposed to maybe the €12 it is now but they could sell all the ingredients to a good night in (pizza, frozen chips, ice cream, a dvd and the 12 pack of beer) for €25 and still be well within the law!

An even sneakier way around it would be giving 50% back in clubcard (or other grocery) vouchers from tesco/dunnes

Sorry Leo, cheap beer is here to stay!

On a more important note Aldi are currently doing

24 cans of Guinness for €24
    12 cans of Galahad for €9.47 (Normally €10)
    O'Sheas Stout/Ale for €1.89 (Normally €1.99)

Dunnes have slabs of Guinness for 24 however dates are July (Christmas stock) whereas Tesco was Dec. Also blacks of kinsale is 4 for 10 (was 4 for 9 at Christmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can see plenty of booze/food deals surfacing after minimum pricing,

For example the minimum price for a 12 pack of 2 unit beer would be €22 as opposed to maybe the €12 it is now but they could sell all the ingredients to a good night in (pizza, frozen chips, ice cream, a dvd and the 12 pack of beer) for €25 and still be well within the law!

An even sneakier way around it would be giving 50% back in clubcard (or other grocery) vouchers from tesco/dunnes

Sorry Leo, cheap beer is here to stay!

On a more important note Aldi are currently doing

24 cans of Guinness for €24
    12 cans of Galahad for €9.47 (Normally €10)
    O'Sheas Stout/Ale for €1.89 (Normally €1.99)

This minimum pricing lark still has a few obstacles to overcome, notwithstanding those crafty ideas you mentioned there.
    I can't see the gov't in Northern Ireland agreeing to having the same pricing structure for alcohol that we have in this rip off republic, and Diageo and others will pursue this all the way to the highest court in Europe because it's effectively an obvious case of price fixing - though the EU has now become such a fascistic set-up, they seem to ignore their own laws when it suits them.
    Never thought I'd ever be on the same side of Diageo, but I'm with them all the way on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have a feeling the prices in dunnes,especially the guinness will go back up in price on Wednesday hence the reason the €10 off vouchers can't be used until then. Just me thinking out loud but why else would they give out vouchers since Saturday that can not be used until the 18th?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I noticed in Aldi today that 8-pack cans of Carlsberg were reduced from €11 to €9.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Tesco spirits have dropped €1 back to last year's prices. White rum €11.69, vodka €12.99, etc.

The vodka is appalling but personally I find the rum perfectly drinkable.

EDIT: Anyone ever drink Coomara potin? Its original and berry flavours are €15 / 70cl at the moment.
    Old Samuel bourbon 70cl €15.99.
    Both tesco offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

6 cans of Murphys (500ml) for €10 in Tesco. Really good offer. Ends tomorrow though, 17th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

EDIT: Anyone ever drink Coomara potin? Its original and berry flavours are €15 / 70cl at the moment.

VERY rough. They suggest you can sub the plain flavour for vodka in cocktails etc, but you can't, you'll notice it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Particularly good deals on litre bottles of spirits in SuperValu...

SuperValu
    Bulmers 20x300ml, Heineken 20x330ml €18
    Bacardi, Captain Morgan, Gordans Gin, Paddy Whiskey, Smirnoff 1 litre €25

Tesco
    Budweiser, Carlsberg 24x500ml cans (mix and match possible) €24
    Absolut, Finlandia, Russian Standard, Smirnoff 700ml €20

Dunnes
    Heineken 12x500ml cans €15
    Cork Dry Gin, Teachers Whisky 700ml €20

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but Tesco are doing a great wine deal on Wolf Blass and Sangre Torres wines. Buy six for €40.00. Along with the 5% discount for six bottles that is €6.33 a bottle. They were selling the same Wolf Blass cabernet/sauvignon mix last week for €13.50 a bottle. I seen this in their Galway store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

TingTong wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before but Tesco are doing a great wine deal on Wolf Blass and Sangre Torres wines. Buy six for €40.00. Along with the 5% discount for six bottles that is €6.33 a bottle. They were selling the same Wolf Blass cabernet/sauvignon mix last week for €13.50 a bottle. I seen this in their Galway store.

While stocks last might I add and as I found out today there aint much stock:(....That is a fantastic deal on the Wolf Blass though if you can get your hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

TingTong wrote:

This offer appears to be over (on-line anyway)..... New offer 6 for €50 and no Wolfblass !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

cathalj wrote: »
    This offer appears to be over (on-line anyway)..... New offer 6 for €50 and no Wolfblass !!!

I'm sure I seen it in naas this morning for 40 and they had a shelf full of wolfblass with a red label (I'm off the drink and didn't want to torture meself giving it too much attention)

Gonna go and have a look now. I'll post back here with the result !

Still in stock in Naas, Wolfblass red & white , maybe 6/8 cases of each out, not sure if they have more in storeroom.

cathalj wrote: »

The last day of that offer is tomorrow the 22nd, so I would get there early tomorrow if you want to avail. Don't forget you wont be able to purchase until 12:30pm, sunday opening hours and the hold that the RC church has on this country:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

The last day of that offer is tomorrow the 22nd, so I would get there early tomorrow if you want to avail. Don't forget you wont be able to purchase until 12:30pm, sunday opening hours and the hold that the RC church has on this country:D

It says on their website the offer is valid until the 24th

Still in stock in Naas, Wolfblass red & white , maybe 6/8 cases of each out, not sure if they have more in storeroom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

For an extra discount of €7.10 when you spend €50, Tesco accept these http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057399941

It says on their website the offer is valid until the 24th

It says on their TV adverts the 22nd or yesterday.Will go down later on today and check to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

It says on their TV adverts the 22nd or yesterday.Will go down later on today and check to see.

On Saturday their website said the 24th but that had diasppeared off their website yesterday. I was in store yesterday and the Wolfblass wasn't on that 6 for €40 offer anymore...they had cases on the floor with a €10 sale sign!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Just spotted this in my local Tesco this evening

Deal on spirits (cant find a pic to link to..), buy 3 bottles of a 700ml and get 25% off. Brands I saw on it were
    • Jameson
    • Absolut
    • Hennessy
    • Paddy
    • Cork Dry Gin
    • Bacardi
    • Jack Daniels

Can do a mix and match.

Got 3 Jameson, theyre €27 each at the moment, so with the 25% off came to €60.75, which works out at €20.25 per bottle, which is pretty excellent. Ends on Saturday though, so only on for 3 days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just to confirm- can we still use Supervalu vouchers? Got a nice envelope of them in the door again yesterday- if I could knock 18 off a 90 spend- that would be even better.........

Ps- that Jameson offer sounds as good as its going to get.

Yes signs still up on wed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

€5.83 per bottle usually but there is 10% deal on groupon today only so only
    €5.25

http://www.grabonestore.ie/12-bottles-rioja-blanco-wines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

supervalu - buy 6 bottles of wine get €10 off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement