Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Doubt any rush this Friday people are drinking alot motmre with the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

20 Carlsberg bottles (300ml) - 18 euro in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

flanzer wrote: »
    I see Lidl have Guinness on special from tomorrow, according to the online Easter special leaflet. Should we expect 24 for €20??

Doesn't seem like it's on special.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone doing speical on slabs of cans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like it's on special.

Did you go in? What was the price for a slab?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

flanzer wrote: »
    Did you go in? What was the price for a slab?

Just back from my local Lidl and the only slabs available are Canadian and Budweiser for €20 each...No Guinness or Carlsberg slabs in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You probably need a cover load now if you are buying a few crates, getting stopped at a checkpoint and them seeing only a few crates in the back won't be classed as an essential travel trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

You probably need a cover load now if you are buying a few crates, getting stopped at a checkpoint and them seeing only a few crates in the back won't be classed as an essential travel trip.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Just back from my local Lidl and the only slabs available are Canadian and Budweiser for €20 each...No Guinness or Carlsberg slabs in stock.

Back from Aldi got 2 slabs of carlsberg,the have Guinness to but it's 28 a slab.
    The bud slabs are 20

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yeah, better get some whiskey too and says its medicinal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Coars anywhere on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

a carton of milk and a batch loaf should have you covered so :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rules state food and beverages are essential retail / essential purchases, without expanding on beverages. That's why off-licences are still open.

I'd still recommend looking at contactless delivery or getting them with your food shopping, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I know it's not everyone's cup of Barry's but Molson is 25 euro a slab in Aldi.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I know it's not everyone's cup of Barry's Lyons Gold Blend but Molson is 25 euro a slab in Aldi.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

keano25 wrote: »
    Coars anywhere on offer?

tesco have 24 cans for €28, also have Heineken/Guniess too

Boxes of bottles on offer too but tbh more value in the cans i find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

12 Guinness for €15 in aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

ablelocks wrote: »
    12 Guinness for €15 in aldi.

Seen 24 slab of Guinness in Aldi earlier for 28 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

bassy wrote: »
    Seen 24 slab of Guinness in Aldi earlier for 28 euros

not in my local store, only bud. But in fairness to them, they had guinness slabs at 20 for a few weeks when supervalu and tesco had none at all.

Seve OB wrote: »
    FYP

You tried, but you made a balls of it.

McGraths FTW.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I know it's not everyone's cup of Barry's but Molson is 25 euro a slab in Aldi.
    Seve OB wrote: »
    FYP
    You tried, but you made a balls of it.

McGraths FTW.

Standards please. English Breakfast is the default.

elperello wrote: »
    Standards please. English Breakfast is the default.

How dare you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

How dare you!

Anyone for a spot of tetleys???

I’ll get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Charlie wrote: »
    Anywhere doing slabs of Bulmers on offer?

Found Dunnes doing slabs of 24 Bulmers for €30. Good value when you pair them up with the shop and save voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Charlie wrote: »
    Found Dunnes doing slabs of 24 Bulmers for €30. Good value when you pair them up with the shop and save voucher.

The cans in that slab are 440ml

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The cans in that slab are 440ml

Fun size cans :D

Fun size cans :D

Go on home ye Black & Cans

I got stung with 440ml heinekens in tesco last year.

Ah Jasus lads would ye not notice the difference when ye pick them up?

Ah Jasus lads would ye not notice the difference when ye pick them up?

when they were in the case it was not obvious, its only 12% smaller, also the fact that I never in my life had seen 440ml heinekens before so was not on the lookout. Its actually my preferred can size, as long as the price was the same per litre I would happily take 440 over 500ml cans.

• Advertisement

They should all be 568ml. No more discussion needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement