Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

My local Centra has Bud, Hino Carlsberg and Guinness 12 cans for €15! Not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Dunnes are doing any offers on slabs of Bulmers or Heineken?
    They usually do the promo on slabs at the same time as Tesco.

I wont be doing the shopping until Saturday so I haven't checked yet.

Just back from Dunnes.

24 x 500ml cans Guinness, Carlsberg, Heiniken and Budweiser €30.

Just received my Easter vouchers yesterday which included €10 off €40 for next few weeks and a €25 off €100 valid till 18th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Tesco €28 for 24 today

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Lidl

20 bottles of heineken and coors 15 euro.

looked in 3 Lidl and not found the heineken, its on the leaflet but not arriving to some stores in seems

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sadly can't see there been many discounts on slabs etc esp with all the pubs closed and people willing to buy drink anyway

Pity Heineken got rid of the mini kegs they used to sell. Prob the closet thing to a pub pint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes.

Just received my Easter vouchers yesterday which included €10 off €40 for next few weeks and a €25 off €100 valid till 18th April.

The government, in their infinite wisdom, banned the use of promotional vouchers like the above for being used against alcohol sales from I think January 6th. So your discount vouchers cannot be used against alcohol purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kn wrote: »
    The government, in their infinite wisdom, banned the use of promotional vouchers like the above for being used against alcohol sales from I think January 6th. So your discount vouchers cannot be used against alcohol purchases.

From next year I think this comes in to play, I used vouchers last week €10 off €50 to buy primarily booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

As AD says, the Dunnes vouchers are still in play. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Today is 4 April. April Fools day was a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

funny, I purchased alcohol last week with mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Used a Tesco voucher only yesterday.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The legislation coming into force next January bans the earning & redemption of loyalty points on alcohol (as well as discounts that last for three days or less).

It's not entirely clear to me whether spend & save vouchers come within the scope of the ban but I guess time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sadly can't see there been many discounts on slabs etc esp with all the pubs closed and people willing to buy drink anyway

Pity Heineken got rid of the mini kegs they used to sell. Prob the closet thing to a pub pint

There are great deals on slabs. Tesco 24 cans for 28e. Heineken and coors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

24 guinness for 20 euro in lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Irish Kev wrote: »
    looked in 3 Lidl and not found the heineken, its on the leaflet but not arriving to some stores in seems

Heineken 20pk was 'on offer' for €21 this morning, Coors €22, Miller €18 Molson was the only one at €15. Does the ad say from €15??

Lidl now.
    Slabs of bud / Carls
    €20

rob316 wrote: »

Just returned from Lidl Sligo and alas no Guinness on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Didn't see any in Tralee either, got a case of the red wine though.

Didn't see any in Tralee either, got a case of the red wine though.

My store had none of the wine either.

Not wanting to leave empty handed, I ended up buying food!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ya think.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

prodsc wrote: »
    Heineken 20pk was 'on offer' for €21 this morning, Coors €22, Miller €18 Molson was the only one at €15. Does the ad say from €15??

yes add say from 15. 21 is not really an offer is it

4th store checked and no bottles, plenty of cans

rob316 wrote: »
    strange, plenty of guinness in blanch but not on offer. Only the bud & carslberg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco

Stella Artois/ carlsberg / bud regular / carling / molson
    Special OfferAny 24 For 25.00
    valid from 2/4/2020 until 14/4/2020

I got the stella, I have said before that is 4.8% and quite different from the old 5.3% stuff, it is more generic tasting to me, anybody I know who tried it found it OK.

My tesco closed at 10pm instead of the usual 11pm, people were still pulling in just before 10pm. checking the site it looks like they are all possibly closing an hour earlier these days.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dodzy wrote: »
    strange, plenty of guinness in blanch but not on offer. Only the bud & carslberg

Did you actually bring it to a till to check?

My local Lidl regularly don't put the promotional price signage up for certain offers but the offers still work (case in point, the half-price wine yesterday).

Quackster wrote: »
    Did you actually bring it to a till to check?

My local Lidl regularly don't put the promotional price signage up for certain offers but the offers still work (case in point, the half-price wine yesterday).

no Guinness in my local either only boxes of 8 and not on special, my local Lidl don't put promotional price signage up either but there were no slabs at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

casio4 wrote: »
    no Guinness in my local either only boxes of 8 and not on special, my local Lidl don't put promotional price signage up either but there were no slabs at all

What price are the boxes of 8?

munster87 wrote: »
    What price are the boxes of 8?

€14

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

casio4 wrote: »
    €14

They’ve been €12 in my local O’ Brien’s the past couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Guinness 24 cans for 28 euro in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes.

Jaysus I just got mine. 3 quid in vouchers and that’s it. No 10 off 40 or anything like it.

Wife also got her mailing, much the same as my own.

Why does it be different for different people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement