Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army/Navy Recruitment 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chriskeohan

egan04921 wrote: »
    ye my navy test is in the currgah so i dont know if its for the two of them or just the navy ??

Na it won't be for the two of them, definitely not. They can't do the tests on the same day because it doesn't give a fair chance. Give the army an e-mail and ask what the story is!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 egan04921

just read back through the email. is the re-test realy going to be four hours long 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock ?? the online one only took 30 minutes haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Read the bit about the realistic job preview too.

Read the bit about the realistic job preview too.

what is that ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IRISHAARON

Is anyone in this still left in the competition :) just the medical left to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Yes, hopefully we'll get the medicals done in the next week or two.

I'd love to get started as soon as possible.

Has anybody heard anything about where the platoons are going to be trained?

yeah im the same if i get the Navy i hope i am in the first batch in August!! are you Navy and Army ??

IRISHAARON wrote: »
    Is anyone in this still left in the competition :) just the medical left to go

Yea bud I am. Didn't get call for medical yet tho did u??

I'm going for the army myself, I'm in college at the moment but have always wanted to join so I'd like to know before I have to pay any fees.

Yea bud I am. Didn't get call for medical yet tho did u??

No man no word from them yet... im guessing you were there on Tuesday in the Curragh what group were you in ??

• Advertisement

killer91 wrote: »
    I'm going for the army myself, I'm in college at the moment but have always wanted to join so I'd like to know before I have to pay any fees.

ahhh i see its the perfect time for us to get this as we dont need to start collage or pay the fees ... im similar ive just finished school and got accepted to collages but have to wait and see if i get it first

Ye it would be great to get in early.

They said we should get a date for the medical by next Friday if everything is fine with the tests we did in the Curragh.

killer91 wrote: »
    Ye it would be great to get in early.

They said we should get a date for the medical by next Friday if everything is fine with the tests we did in the Curragh

i hope so anyway... Its awkward if you have applied for both and the Navy comes up that u need to turn the Navy down and take the risk hoping that the Army will offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arhina

some people are getting emails but is this just for the army or has anyone got anything for the navy as my son has done the physometric and pre job intreview in the curragh last week waiting is starting to freak us all out anyone have any news

arhina wrote: »
    some people are getting emails but is this just for the army or has anyone got anything for the navy as my son has done the physometric and pre job intreview in the curragh last week waiting is starting to freak us all out anyone have any news

I had the same in the curragh last week for the army but still didn't hear anything back. We were told wait until Tuesday and if you don't hear anything by then. Drop them an e-mail. Hope this helps

has anyone from last Tuesday got an email since for navy or army ?? thanks

egan04921 wrote: »
    has anyone from last Tuesday got an email since for navy or army ?? thanks

I e-mailed them yesterday and they got back to me today saying we should receive an e-mail either today or tomorrow to let us know

I e-mailed them yesterday and they got back to me today saying we should receive an e-mail either today or tomorrow to let us know

thanks im looking at my email every hour ha

Did anyone hear anything yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pccats

My son has medical Tuesday week in Cork, looks like for the navy, also applied for army. Was told medical will stand for both but received email today to say he's been put on a panel for the army, pending sanction from government to fund more recruits. He really wants the army so thinking of pulling out of the medical...is this wise, did anyone else get panelled, will recruits ever get picked from the panel??

• Advertisement

pccats wrote: »
    My son has medical Tuesday week in Cork, looks like for the navy, also applied for army. Was told medical will stand for both but received email today to say he's been put on a panel for the army, pending sanction from government to fund more recruits. He really wants the army so thinking of pulling out of the medical...is this wise, did anyone else get panelled, will recruits ever get picked from the panel??

I am waiting for a call from the army but heard nothing yet. To my knowledge there is more recruiting for 2015 so he will prob be called then. When did he get the e-mail??

I am waiting for a call from the army but heard nothing yet. To my knowledge there is more recruiting for 2015 so he will prob be called then. When did he get the e-mail??

got it this afternoon, all confused as the navy in Cork said the medical was for both, think though with the email today he's no longer in the running for the army. Pity they don't give more info, if it's likely you'll get called or not next year, specially as these decisions are life changing!

got it this afternoon, all confused as the navy in Cork said the medical was for both, think though with the email today he's no longer in the running for the army. Pity they don't give more info, if it's likely you'll get called or not next year, specially as these decisions are life changing!

I know, my advice would be take the navy if that's what he wants to do. If the army don't call him he will regret not taking it for the rest of his life. Big gamble if he doesn't take it. But the other side of it is what's for you won't pass you! Tough decision but at least he has the decision to make.

I know, my advice would be take the navy if that's what he wants to do. If the army don't call him he will regret not taking it for the rest of his life. Big gamble if he doesn't take it. But the other side of it is what's for you won't pass you! Tough decision but at least he has the decision to make.

has decided not to take navy, really wants the army, hopefully someone else will get the email they're hoping for! going to request info under foi, think candidates are at least entitled

has decided not to take navy, really wants the army, hopefully someone else will get the email they're hoping for! going to request info under foi, think candidates are at least entitled

Yeah I that's really wat he wants then I'd do the same to be honest. Keep me posted if u hear anything from the army. Il do the same. This waiting game driving everyone insane. Best of luck :)

has decided not to take navy, really wants the army, hopefully someone else will get the email they're hoping for! going to request info under foi, think candidates are at least entitled to know place on a panel, be it A or B panel, and then u can make an informed decision as to what direction u want to go with your life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stevenbutcher

Has anybody heard anything ?

Has anybody heard anything ?

Not yet bud hopefully today

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stevenbutcher

Not yet bud hopefully today

This waiting is a killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Gazo66

To the guy who going to take the navy instead of army but really wants the army, how the Panal works is in 2012 when they recruited last time the also had a Panal and the hole Panal was used in 2013 do they didn't need to recruit last year as they were able to use the Panal and the same process this year, I wouldn't rush into accepting navy if he wants army because once you accept your off the list, if you decided he wanted to the army after he joins it could be a lot more difficult to get in, the army has already picked there recruits but all them must pass medical to proceed and anyone who fails the turn to the Panal then to make up the numbers, also balindonel air core use the Panal that the curragh have and to my knollege there taking 40 people from the Panal for there recruitment this year aswel so it's not dead in the water so to speak hope this helps

Advertisement