Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hunzo

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    A mature got 232 so 212 is certainly not the highest this year

Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

hunzo wrote: »
    Damn

I know, fcuking phenomenal score.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    A mature got 232 so 212 is certainly not the highest this year

It would appear from ACER website graph that highest points in 2015 is no more than 215 points. Unless matures are not included in this graph. Was it a HPAT mature candidate poster on here who said they got 232 ?

It would appear from ACER website graph that highest points in 2015 is no more than 215 points. Unless matures are not included in this graph. Was it a HPAT mature candidate poster on here who said they got 232 ?

The graph doesn't 'always' show the top score iirc. Yeah it was a mature

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Queeferz

The graph doesn't necessarily go up in 10's which is where you have got 215 from. If you look at the left tail of the curve, 60-90 is the same length across the x-axis as 90-100, so you can't actually tell from that last part of the right tail what the higest scores were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

Queeferz wrote: »
    The graph doesn't necessarily go up in 10's which is where you have got 215 from. If you look at the left tail of the curve, 60-90 is the same length across the x-axis as 90-100, so you can't actually tell from that last part of the right tail what the higest scores were.

I was looking at the candidate performance bar chart which appeared to indicate that top score was about 215 but as Gallagher1 said scale prob not linear. (Too much like a section 1 question :()

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

for any given percentile are the scores this year higher or lower than last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

Hi I got 98th percentile this year and got 197, you'd need roughly 525 to get a med course if the points remain unchanged from last year (nuig; 720)

I got 98th too but 194 why are they different would you think? Would it just be because of individual scores for each?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy3

Hey guys ☺️ So I took the year out and repeated the HPAT! I got 174 - 84th percentile, really chuffed 😠dream come true! 724 combined points- should that be enough for Galway? Appreciate the feedback 👌ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 35 otoolej2

This is weird, but im freaking out. I got a overall score of 178 with a percintle or 89.
    But my section 1 score was 58 section, 2 score was 58 and my section 3 score was 66. i just wondering if acer made a clerical mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dawn96

otoolej2 wrote: »
    This is weird, but im freaking out. I got a overall score of 178 with a percintle or 89.
    But my section 1 score was 58 section, 2 score was 58 and my section 3 score was 66. i just wondering if acer made a clerical mistake
    The scores they give you for each section aren't always your exact score - they're rounded off and other things, so you cant rely on them completely for your overall score

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anonnny

A score of 158, 62nd percentile...worth giving up yes? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

83rd percentile.. Score of 729. What are the chances of RCSI? Does anyone know if percentiles have stayed the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 briosca

Does anyone know what the HEAR/DARE points reductions are like for medicine?
    Basically, with a score of 158, and hopefully at least 550 in the leaving, am I holding onto false hope?

Congrats to everyone, well done all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 vladd25

Does anyone know what 65th percentile was last year? What do you think will be the change in points this year? Do you think is there a reasonable chance to get into NUIG with a total of approximately 722?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

Score of 188 95th%

I am really happy! I have a really good shot at getting my top choice as long as the leaving cert went well! 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

First time CAO and HPAT candidate here with no experience in the Irish system - score of 181 in HPAT - predicted final points 746. Is this enough for medicine? TCD and RCSI are the two I'm aiming for.

Well done everyone else on their results

• Registered Users Posts: 14 chefvortivask

So jealous right now of anyone that got a high score, but congratulations are due! To anyone thats disappointed im the exact same, really was hoping for better.. But if you look at the Performance Graphs on the HPAT Ireland website and compare this year to 2014, it looks as though there has been a points drop and that points this year will, again, be dropping in the universities! Maybe its just wishful thinking, but it looks like its all still to play for! Congrats again to those who are happy, and lets the rest of us stay hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Looks like percentiles are the same - was looking in the 2014 thread and 178 was 89th percentile and someone said earlier than they got the same this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leavingcert179

repeated the hpat this year and had a huge jump from last year. Got the 83rd percentile this year so hopefully 723 will be enough for Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

Okay so after some reflection and sleep, I have come out of my state of self-deception and realised there is literally no hope for me :o

The question is: what do I do next? :confused:

Okay so after some reflection and sleep, I have come out of my state of self-deception and realised there is literally no hope for me :o

The question is: what do I do next? :confused:

If your LC is good enough, repeat HPAT. You'd be a fool not to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

Morourke wrote: »
    80th percentile but I'm not sure if I should be happy?

You should be delighted! If you get 560 you're into Galway!
    83rd percentile.. Score of 729. What are the chances of RCSI? Does anyone know if percentiles have stayed the same?

Yes they are the exact same!

Went up two percentile on last year so 82nd. Very happy because I thought I'd had an awful day! Probably out of the running for UCD and Trinity but I'm still happy ! Good luck to everyone else!
    Anonnny wrote: »
    A score of 158, 62nd percentile...worth giving up yes? :(

I would leave Galway on it, purely beacause a boy got in on 68th last year and that was the lowest so far and you never know what will be the very bottom score this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

Got a score of 160, the 65th percentile, absolutely devastated got in the 90's in my last few ******** practice exams....but is there any possibility of me getting galway do you think? I got 595 in my mocks so would hopefully be getting similar points in my leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

Emmp21 wrote: »
    Got a score of 160, the 65th percentile, absolutely devastated got in the 90's in my last few ******** practice exams....but is there any possibility of me getting galway do you think? I got 595 in my mocks so would hopefully be getting similar points in my leaving cert.

I'd say you have a great chance, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

So i know for sure I won't be getting into medicine with my pathetic 140, but will I remove it from my CAO? If I go and do another course and repeat the hpat will i still be able to apply for medicine if I remove the course from my choices this year?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So i know for sure I won't be getting into medicine with my pathetic 140, but will I remove it from my CAO? If I go and do another course and repeat the hpat will i still be able to apply for medicine if I remove the course from my choices this year?

Don't remove it. The CAO computer does not tell tales.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 taara

score of 147.. do i give up or not??! and by give up i mean take off all except galway??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

Would pharmacy or dentistry be a better option to do for the year before repeating the hpat?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Emmp21 wrote: »
    Would pharmacy or dentistry be a better option to do for the year before repeating the hpat?

Wouldn't that mean you'd have to pay fees for the first year of med, if you got it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement