Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ASquib

spurious wrote: »
    Wouldn't that mean you'd have to pay fees for the first year of med, if you got it?

Not if you drop out before the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

ASquib wrote: »
    Not if you drop out before the end of the year

One would have to drop out before Christmas to avoid the fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

I just want to chime in and say well done to anyone that has done well, (but please be mindful that many haven't) and if you haven't done as well as you'd hoped- it really is not the end of the world although it now may feel like it. I didn't get a good score on my first time of trying but ended up in a fantastic course where I made all of my good friends in college and had a great year. As was said before, "if it's for you, it won't pass you" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ASquib

One would have to drop out before Christmas to avoid the fees!

This I was not aware of, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Emmp21 wrote: »
    Got a score of 160, the 65th percentile, absolutely devastated got in the 90's in my last few ******** practice exams....but is there any possibility of me getting galway do you think? I got 595 in my mocks so would hopefully be getting similar points in my leaving cert.

If you got 600 LC points you'd end up with 720 overall.. that was NUIG on the second round this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

For trinity at least, it's actually before the end of the first semester something like Oct 31st'

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

If you did some science course and got enough in the hpat for ucd you could skip the pre med year in ucd and you wouldn't have to pay any fees! I talked to the admissions of ucd and that's what they said, of course you would need to do well enough in your exams in that science course. Hope that helps! :)

mhf55 wrote: »
    If you did some science course and got enough in the hpat for ucd you could skip the pre med year in ucd and you wouldn't have to pay any fees! I talked to the admissions of ucd and that's what they said, of course you would need to do well enough in your exams in that science course. Hope that helps! :)
    Do you know which courses exactly this applies to? Might help some people here fill out the CAO if they knew which.

Do you know which courses exactly this applies to? Might help some people here fill out the CAO if they knew which.

I was asking about biomedical science in particular but as far as I know it's any course that has biochemistry in its first year!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

the lowest hpat to get in last year would have been lower than 68th wouldn't it?

• Advertisement

emma35 wrote: »
    the lowest hpat to get in last year would have been lower than 68th wouldn't it?

720-565 is 155 so it was possible to have gotten in with just under 60th last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lucybUK

I got 160 (65th percentile) in the HPAT.. any chance I could still get in anywhere? I'm from the UK and still a bit confused on how the system works!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

BioMed and radiography

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

Morourke wrote: »
    But with adjusted points 565 is actually 553!

I would assume they mean 625 readjusted to 565

Morourke wrote: »
    But with adjusted points 565 is actually 553!

720 was random selection, one needed 721 to be safe which actually makes it 5 points higher because of the adjusted points.

720 was random selection, one needed 721 to be safe which actually makes it 5 points higher because of the adjusted points.

Or one HPAT point...156 I stand corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nifhiaich97

See for the people who loose out in the random selection (eg 720 last year for Galway) - do they get any special consideration the year after or anything??
    Also think I'll be going to Britain after my 161 Hpat lol, anyone Cardiff bound?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

lucybUK wrote: »
    I got 160 (65th percentile) in the HPAT.. any chance I could still get in anywhere? I'm from the UK and still a bit confused on how the system works!

It depends on what points you get from your a levels but you do still have a chance of you do exceptionally well in the a levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flacas2673

I got a score of 169, in the 77th percentile. Am I relatively safe in assuming I could get med? I think I did a good Leaving Cert, hopefully there won't be a big increase in points!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vmed

What is each section out of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nifhiaich97

According to last years you wouldn't get in to tcd/ucd even with 4 A*'s, and you still might have a chance for the other two but again you need to score veeerrryy highly with the A-levels! Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

Any ideas on where 181 in HPAT will get me? I'm also from the UK so don't really know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Queeferz

Based on last years scores, you wouldn't have the points for trinity or ucd. To have a definitely place (if you score 5 points less you have a chance with random selection but not definite) if you scored full marks in exams you would get into RCSI. For UCC you would need 615 and for Galway you would need 605. Good luck!

Any ideas on where 181 in HPAT will get me? I'm also from the UK so don't really know what's going on.

It will get you anywhere you want provided you have 560-570(552-554) CAO points from your A-levels! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Queeferz

Everywhere depending on your exam results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

I'm assuming by 560-570 you mean by converting A Levels into CAO points (e.g. A* = 150, A =135 etc.)?

Cheers for your responses guys and well done everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

My Son scored 190 and wants UCD or Trinity,what points does he need in the Leaving Cert to get into either institution.

Would anyone recommend either University over the other.

Mary63 wrote: »
    My Son scored 190 and wants UCD or Trinity,what points does he need in the Leaving Cert to get into either institution.

Would anyone recommend either University over the other.

Ucd was 730 and tcd 731 so 540 exactly for ucd if the points don't change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Thanks mhf55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 jessica379

Hi, my seperate section results add up to more than my total score? When i add the results seperate i get 4 points more than what i scored. Is this normal?? Or is it marked wrong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement