Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭15MrC

From the HPAT information book:

HPAT – Ireland results
    HPAT – Ireland results will be released to mature
    candidates (i.e. any candidates born or on before
    1/1/1992) in mid to late April. All the other candidates
    will received their results on Monday 22 June 2015.

You will be notified via email when results are available
    through your online account. You can only access your
    Statement of Results online and are advised to save
    and print a copy of the Statement of Results for your
    records. Statements of Results include your date of
    birth and name used at the time the HPAT – Ireland
    test was taken. Replacement Statements of Results will
    not be provided to accommodate a subsequent change
    of name.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Debzc

Got my results last year around 5:30am when I checked on my account. They emailed me at 6:23am last year to let me know they were available. So if anyone is staying up all night check between those times :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Best of luck to everyone receiving their HPAT results tomorrow!

I know it's going to be hard if things don't go your way, but just to give some perspective if you don't get on as well as you'd like tomorrow, don't let it defer you. I didn't get into medicine the first time because of my HPAT results, thankfully now I'm studying medicine in a Dublin university.

If medicine is something you really want then it won't pass you. The classic saying "What's for you won't pass you" is so true.

Doing a different college course for a year and repeating the HPAT isn't the end of the world. It can often give you an advantage ;)

Most importantly though guys, do not remove medicine from your CAO whatever happens! Leave it down, it won't do any harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

Are they out yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hey everyone, was going to come to wish you all the best of luck! My friend is receiving her results and she just messaged me to say she got hers a few minutes ago. Hope it goes well for you, and if medicine is what you truly want, never give up. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 conroy30

They're out now. Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vmed

Got my results! Goodluck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

How'd everyone do? I'm completely disappointed with mine, after spending countless months on ME I ended up with 28th %. Safe to say I won't b doing medicine next year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iamtheonewho

67th percentile.... 545 in LC.... I guess that'll be my third time doing the hpat next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Morourke

Does anyone know around what percentile gives you a reasonable chance of getting medicine? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

EDIT: high percentile, looking good hopefully (not gonna ruin people's buzz) I'm over the moon, as long as I didn't mess up the leaving cert!! Cried on the phone to my mum at 1.30 in the morning :P best of luck everyone!!!! Remember don't remove medicine from your cao,you can get medicine with a very large range of results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hunzo

Likelihood of 715 getting a place....

Hpat of 164

Fat chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vmed

83rd percentile which makes me really happy having got 50th in the ukcat!
    hunzo wrote: »
    Likelihood of 715 getting a place....

Hpat of 164

Fat chance

I doubt that?! Thats a high score

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Morourke

80th percentile but I'm not sure if I should be happy?

vmed wrote: »
    I doubt that?! Thats a high score

Lc of 555 though.

Galway was lowest last year and was 721.

Genuinely feeling hopeless

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Queeferz

Morourke wrote: »
    80th percentile but I'm not sure if I should be happy?

Yes that's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

Was expecting to have to stay up all night for that :rolleyes:

I did better than expected, but still not good enough. :o

I will need an excellent Leaving Cert, something I'm not confident of.

Chances of a points drop? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ad96

Were the final points for Galway 720 last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭etherealfairy

ad96 wrote: »
    Were the final points for Galway 720 last year?

Yep!

Was expecting to have to stay up all night for that :rolleyes:

I did better than expected, but still not good enough. :o

I will need an excellent Leaving Cert, something I'm not confident of.

Chances of a points drop? :(

I think over all, 7 less people applied for medicine this year than last year so maybe!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 BBHenry

Points are coming down I feel it in my bones..

If they don't Iook forward to my future as a stripper :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

A lot of people will be on here and will be devastated with their result..I was in bits last year after I got the 48th Percentile, knowing Medicine was not going to happen so I know how so many of you feel right now, and it is truly horrible. All I can say is that repeating it can be the best thing you can ever do even though right now even it may sound incredibly daunting/ a no-go.

I approached(attacked) this cnut of an exam with a vengeance this year, spent countless hours(I mean countless..) preparing from September right through to February and just ended up in the 97th Percentile. Im guaranteed my first choice this time round and it feels f****** fantastic. Don't ever let an exam get the better of you, if you really want it you'll get it. Don't give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CorkonianAnon

Say if you had a good result in the HPAT (maybe 98%), is there any chance of getting medicine in UCC or NUIG with an LC of approx 500? I know that no one can predict this on any given year but has anyone heard of a situation like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

Early days but can anyone say comparing last years points to Percentile ratio and this years results whether point for med schools will go up or down this year. Remember NUIG went down from 737 in 2012 and 739 in 2013 to 721 in 2014, a drop of 18 points.

Early days but can anyone say comparing last years points to Percentile ratio and this years results whether point for med schools will go up or down this year. Remember NUIG went down from 737 in 2012 and 739 in 2013 to 721 in 2014, a drop of 18 points.

Im expecting them to remain stagnant enough. There is no major change in percentiles or the amount of applicants so I wouldn't say there will be anything like the drop last year. I'd expect a point or two of a difference up or down.

Say if you had a good result in the HPAT (maybe 98%), is there any chance of getting medicine in UCC or NUIG with an LC of approx 500? I know that no one can predict this on any given year but has anyone heard of a situation like this?

Hi I got 98th percentile this year and got 197, you'd need roughly 525 to get a med course if the points remain unchanged from last year (nuig; 720)

I believe that point drop was mostly due tothe hpat being marked differently as opposed to a lack of interest. All med corse dropped roughly 15 points last year. Otherwise, interest has always been very consistent and continues to be consistent this year aka looking like points will roughly stay the same :)

InB4 this thread becomes apocalyptically flooded when everyone wakes up at 8am :pac:

212- 2015

217 2014

222 2013

238 2012

242 2011

The highest HPAT points for each year. Looks like a points drop is still possible

• Advertisement

hunzo wrote: »
    212- 2015

217 2014

222 2013

238 2012

242 2011

The highest HPAT points for each year. Looks like a points drop is still possible

A mature got 232 so 212 is certainly not the highest this year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement