Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

school policy on nose bleeds

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

PcAngel wrote: »
    That's your choice.
    If you expect doctors/nurses in schools....... - sorry you are disappointed.

Yes, I expect nurse in schools and other things u can see where country is not run by lunatics. And if u are not expecting much, then enjoy a ride by politicians. U deserve it. I am sure they do not leave u disappointed. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Right ,can we get back on topic please?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

S.R. wrote: »
    Yes, I expect nurse in schools and other things u can see where country is not run by lunatics. And if u are not expecting much, then enjoy a ride by politicians. U deserve it. I am sure they do not leave u disappointed. :P

I thought you'd be packing your bags at this stage.
    ;)You have mentioned it often enough.

PcAngel wrote: »
    I thought you'd be packing your bags at this stage.
    ;)You have mentioned it often enough.

Believe or no, have already started. Going to Canada. Any message for compatriots? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I don't think it is a teachers place to clean up blood.

• Advertisement

Right ,can we get back on topic please?

ok, sorry.

• Administrators Posts: 13,861 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

clairek6 wrote: »
    I remeber having to clean up someone elses puke in second class!!! :o

I remember a boy in my class having "accidents" frequently enough up to at least 2nd class. The key for the cupboard with the mops and buckets was kept in the headmaster's office. I was the only one brave enough (or naive enough!) to go ask for it.. so it became "my job" to mop up after him! We didn't have a fulltime cleaner. The caretaker took care of outside.. and he wasn't fulltime either.

How did we ever survive school, I wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,374 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Very few schools in Ireland have nurses and do we need them? No because they would be waste of money.
    I went to a primary school that had a full time care taker. If somebody vommited all over the floor the teacher would call the caretaker. If the caretaker was abscent they would have sorted something out. The person who got sick would go and wait by the office to be collected.
    If an 11 year old got a nose bleed, you'd probably have to clean it yourself. Unless you weren't able to do it. If it was so server the child would probably be sent home. At that age you should be sort off looking after yourself. You'd hardly expect the caretaker to clean the table if somebody blew snot a all over the table?
    Some of the replies here are halirous about nurses and sick bays, in Ireland we've a chair near the prinipal s office and a first aid box and it didn't do me or anybody I know any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

lads and girls, move abroad, enjoy life in adequately run country. I certainly going to move. Sick of place.
    Instead of creating jobs rocket scientists came up with idea of 19.5 hours/week work for additional 20 euro. It stinks!

Take Anna with you too. You and her sound like two peas in a pod.

Take Anna with you too. You and her sound like two peas in a pod.

Get a roof over ur head before giving advice to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Get a roof over ur head before giving advice to others.

Really sorry for derailing this thread even more but I have to just leave this here.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056811265/1/#post81826141

Really sorry for derailing this thread even more but I have to just leave this here.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056811265/1/#post81826141

And?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OK, we'll leave it there I think.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement