Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Monday March 3rd

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Nah, it's leading to Bryan v Batista.

They hardly turned Batista heel to turn the only other worthwhile (established) heel face.

I would be shocked if we don't get Bryan v Batista post mania.

I mean for Wrestlemania. Orton will be the babyface when the Authority try to replace him with Batista.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Or can see Orton becoming number 2 behind Batista in the Authority storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For a crowd that was set to be really vocal, that was probably the quietest divas match ever from a chant perspective.

And maybe I missed it in the news today, but where was the riot they were threatening.

Also, HHH was smart to bring Steph to the ring with him, not only because she's easy on the eye(wearing HHH's trunks and nothing else?) but she's much better on the mike.

Plus that was one of the most pointless guest hosts ever. Couldn't even distract Del Rio properly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just got around to watching the main event and mother of god Steph has some pair up on her. Must have been pretty cold in that arena too by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Listen to Zeb!

do-it.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I seriously wish people would stop with this "Bryan will be added to the title match" stuff.

Not saying it won't happen, but it's beyond fantasy booking at this stage, and I think it'll be another Rumble, another Chicago Raw, where WWE aren't giving any indications it's going to happen, but people are hyping themselves up for that moment anyway. And that's most likely going to lead to disappointment and the tainting of a show because of something not advertised at all.

Yep.

Also as someone who thinks that some if Bryan's booking has been dreadful over the last few months and hates Trips, I wish people would stop moaning about his probable match with Trips.

Its probably going to close the show, it will have the most heat and both are great workers, why can't people move on from him not been in the title match?

Beating hunter will mean much more for his character, and his star power than beating a heatless Orton or Batista at this moment in time.

Christ the way some people were talking about it, you would swear he was Zack Ryder or something.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

They brought on Aaron Paul and didn't mention Breaking Bad. Probably contractual as the focus was on Need For Speed but still!

He could have made for a great commentator in full Jesse Pinkman mode. "Yeah, dropkick bitch!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

They brought on Aaron Paul and didn't mention Breaking Bad. Probably contractual as the focus was on Need For Speed but still!

He could have made for a great commentator in full Jesse Pinkman mode. "Yeah, dropkick bitch!"

Cole mentioned Breaking Bad at the end of the Ziigler match.

Cole mentioned Breaking Bad at the end of the Ziigler match.

Ah right, cheers must have missed that.

Before the main event, I was thinking Punk ain't gonna turn up. Orton wishing Batista good luck seemed like a swerve to me. I thought Kane was going to come out, attack Bryan. Then Orton will make the save and turn babyface off of Bryan's popularity.

Instead Orton attacked Bryan, and Batista joined the Authority. So they are now both part of the same group. I thought; this makes no sense, they can't fight each other at WM for the title now; so I was sure Punk would come out then. But, no.

It shows how little people care about Batista-Orton. Nobody bothered mentioning that Batista joined the Authority. Should have been a big deal but nobody cares. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He didn't really join the Authority as much as he is just friends with HHH and he was defending his friend. I still see Batista doing his own thing without the Authority for now.

The build so far for the title match has been awful tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Love this pic:

1512821_10151991925191443_76052000_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Beating hunter will mean much more for his character, and his star power than beating a heatless Orton or Batista at this moment in time.

Not at all. Winning the title in the main event of Mania would be an anointing of Bryan as a real top tier main eventer. Beating HHH, which he might not, won't make any difference to his star power. Whats more HHH always protects himself so if he does win it'll be tainted is some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Qs wrote: »
    Not at all. Winning the title in the main event of Mania would be an anointing of Bryan as a real top tier main eventer. Beating HHH, which he might not, won't make any difference to his star power. Whats more HHH always protects himself so if he does win it'll be tainted is some way.

i can see Kane turning on the Authority in that match handing Bryan the win

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

maybe Goldust needs to ask the Usos about how to keep facepaint on

Before the main event, I was thinking Punk ain't gonna turn up. Orton wishing Batista good luck seemed like a swerve to me. I thought Kane was going to come out, attack Bryan. Then Orton will make the save and turn babyface off of Bryan's popularity.

Instead Orton attacked Bryan, and Batista joined the Authority. So they are now both part of the same group. I thought; this makes no sense, they can't fight each other at WM for the title now; so I was sure Punk would come out then. But, no.

It shows how little people care about Batista-Orton. Nobody bothered mentioning that Batista joined the Authority. Should have been a big deal but nobody cares. :D

Orton didnt attack Bryan. He hit him to cost Batista the match.

Batista didnt join the Authority either. He saved his buddy and instantly left the ring. Had he joined them he would have stayed with them.

Beating Triple H is a massive deal, especially at Wrestlemania. He is a 13 time World Champion and future Hall of Famer. Look who have beaten him properly in recent years. Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. That's quite a list to be a part of. That means a hell of a lot more than beating guys like Batista and Orton any day of the week.

Its not bigger than claiming the title at Mania. No matter what way you spin it. The only thing that could be bigger at mania is beating Taker and thats not going to happen.

And Triple HHH is a 13 time champ but was never an A+ player (to use his own phrase). Bryans already beaten Cena and he's a much bigger star than HHH.

The title is a bigger star than all of them.

Orton didnt attack Bryan. He hit him to cost Batista the match.

Batista didnt join the Authority either. He saved his buddy and instantly left the ring. Had he joined them he would have stayed with them.

So Batista and Orton both attacked Daniel Bryan, and didn't attack each other, but they are not on the same team?

Also why is Batista HHH's friend in storyline? Obviously they were in Evolution back in the day but many fans wouldn't remember; it doesn't make sense for him to attack Bryan unless he supports the Authority.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Since Batista returned HHH has referred to him as my friend Dave Batista.

Batista was in a match against Bryan so it's not an unprovoked attacked. Batista is friendly with the Authority but he didn't "join them"

Its not bigger than claiming the title at Mania. No matter what way you spin it. The only thing that could be bigger at mania is beating Taker and thats not going to happen.

And Triple HHH is a 13 time champ but was never an A+ player (to use his own phrase). Bryans already beaten Cena and he's a much bigger star than HHH.

The title is a bigger star than all of them.

That's just delusion. Bryan has been WWE champion for about a day combined. Triple H meanwhile held the very same title for much longer when wrestling was at its peak. That alone makes Triple H a big deal, and a much bigger deal than Orton or Batista. Ask a casual wrestling fan (someone who doesn't watch every single week) tomorrow about who is a bigger name, and nearly all of them will say Triple H.

By your logic, Hornswoggle could be WWE Champion and it would mean more to beat him than it would to beat Triple H. The man makes the title, not the other way around.

• Advertisement

So Batista and Orton both attacked Daniel Bryan, and didn't attack each other, but they are not on the same team?

Also why is Batista HHH's friend in storyline? Obviously they were in Evolution back in the day but many fans wouldn't remember; it doesn't make sense for him to attack Bryan unless he supports the Authority.

Orton went to RKO Batista but got pushed off. Why would they be on the same team?

The Evolution stuff has been constantly mentioned since Batista came back. One of his first appearances (could have been the first, not sure) back started with Triple H and Stephanie in the ring, talking about how good friends they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

i can see Kane turning on the Authority in that match handing Bryan the win

Ugh, that'd be awful.

In a storyline sense, Bryan needs to topple Triple H one on one to get access to the title (which, taking WM as the end point of fueds, makes the supposed Punk vs Triple H/Bryan vs Sheamus plan before Punk's disappearance a baffling decision) otherwise any time he gets near it The Authority will just take the belt away again.

Bryan getting a title shot later in the night would be nice but he needs to knee HHH in the face to get there first.

By your logic, Hornswoggle could be WWE Champion and it would mean more to beat him than it would to beat Triple H. The man makes the title, not the other way around.

Or maybe they could just but the belt on a straw man?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I tuned into the Raw replay today and they completely cut out the Heyman promo, the Lesnar promo, the attack on Henry and even the Outlaws. The show began with the Usos doing their war dance.

I thought that was quite odd.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement